1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Unknown Pokémon

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Arc1Dragon, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I was looking around in Sun and I found this in Kukui's basement lab.

It's Professor Kukui's PC!
    There's a picture of someome Pokémon like you've never seen before on the screen...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Well, that could just be hint to Gen 8, but if the rumors for Pokémon Stars are real, then it would be one of those new Pokémon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    They've actually done this before, in Pokémon ORAS. I think it's just GameFreak teasing us about future Gens and such.

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    It could be Marshadow because that Pokémon is still not released.

5. ElsaRivrwood

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.5
    I mean, it doesn't have to be a next gen Pokémon, it could be one that the character-person doesn't know from a prior gen. Those two lines don't give us much to go off of...

6. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    I tend to agree with this. Your character is from Kanto, and then came to Alola. Neither of these regions hold every single species, it's logical enough that an 11 year old would not have seen or known every one even in pictures like a Professor would. I really do think it's as simple as this to be honest. I think some kind of semi-reveal would come with some sort of blurry or half-made image of a new Pokémon.

7. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    They also probably don't expect most people to have seen every alolan Pokémon so it could just be one of the alolan Pokémon, one they assume you haven't registered yet.

8. Griefing_g0lem

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Then what about after Pokebank and they own all 801 Pokémon?

9. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    I don't know what you mean by this or what you as the player having access to Pokémon bank has to do with it at all, it's like you're trying to mix up meta/real life things and in-game things. Your character in game is 11 and lab where your character sees this is right at the start.

10. Griefing_g0lem

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I mean as in, if they shouldn't say that, because of Pokebank. If you transfer every Pokémon ever to the game, they would have seen it all. So this means that I can't just be a Pokémon from another place.

I thought it was obvious, but I could have been clearer.

11. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Assuming you even have every Pokémon, and that is still mixing real life things with in-game things. Not to mention the lab appears at the start of the game and the bank is just released. From the perspective of your 11 year old in game character which is what we're talking about here, it's not unreasonable that they would not have seen it all. So no, it doesn't mean that it can't just be a Pokémon from a region they are not familiar with. Did you expect Gamefreak to change a simple line of text just because the Pokebank got released? Sometimes people read way way too much into little things that are not intended to be anything but flavor text. Do you get what I'm saying?

Look I know people like their little fan theories and things but this is really like grasping at straws and the justification for it isn't very strong.

12. Griefing_g0lem

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    A bit rude, but I was just trying to point something out. I wasn't trying to confirm or disprove anything. I was just trying to point something out, since Gamefreak have put things like this before.

13. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    I don't think I was rude, I just disagree and stated so and why; was also pointing things out. I'm sorry if you feel that's rudeness.

14. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    So I was looking there again and saw on the large screen and saw a Pokémon.

It.

Was.

Pikachu
    So it's not gen8 or unreleased Pokémon just an everyday Pikachu

15. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I suppose that it could also refer to the idea of an unknown Pokémon in the sense of that particular Pokémon, not an unknown species. For example Ash could say he saw an unknown pikachu hanging around, he knows of the species of pikachu but the one he's spotted isn't one he is familiar with.

It might be odd to the main character to see a pikachu on the screen when they thought they were previously acquainted with all the professor's main Pokémon (rockruff etc,).

16. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Kukui's a researcher, it's probably some weird variant he found, like that Bulbasaur in the anime with a heart-shaped marking; wasn't it May's or something? I'm not sure. It could be a hint at Stars, or Gen 8, or a secret Pokémon Game Freak hid in the code and intends to introduce in a few months, or a deleted Pokémon someone felt bad about deleting. Hell, it could be a drawing Kukui did because he was bored. I don't know.
    #MissingNo

17. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Looking back on this I may think that the Mystery Pokémon may be the currently unreleased Zeraora.