1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rate My Team VGC 2017 Trick Room Team

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by TheBlazingInfernape, Feb 2, 2017.

Tags:
  1. TheBlazingInfernape

TheBlazingInfernape Gone, probably forgotten

Wildfire
    (Monferno)
    Level 23
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.7
    OK. So as you guys know or don't already know, I am going to represent Lake Valor and make you guys proud by going to Regionals in Virginia on May 6th. However, my team may or may not need changing. I can tell you guys my options and what I can afford without cheating. But for now, here's the team.

[​IMG]
    Porygon 2 @ Eviolite​
    Ability: Download​
    Calm Nature​
    Moves:​
    Tri Attack​
    Ice Beam​
    Trick Room​
    Recover​
    EVs: 244 HP / 92 Def / 36 SpA / 132 SpD / 4 Spe​
    There is a reason why this one is shiny, I accidentally bred a shiny while trying to get a 5IV missing Speed or a perfect (oops). But Porygon 2 Is the best Eviolite user in the current meta and a great Trick Room setter which is what this team is based on. STAB Tri Attack is very strong and I have Ice Beam to take care of Tapu Bulu and Dragons. Recover is basically an essential on Porygon 2.​
    [​IMG]

Tapu Bulu @ Miracle Seed​
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Grassy Surge
    Moves:
    Horn Leech
    Wood Hammer
    Rock Slide
    Protect
    EV's 252 HP / 76 Atk / 116 Def / 64 SpD

Speaking of the bull, yep he's on the team. Grassy Surge reduces Earthquake damage and is gives Grass moves a small boost. Not to mention it gives 1/16th of your health back each turn. Rock Slide gives the bull some nice coverage while damaging both Pokémon on the opponents side. Wood Hammer is a VERY strong grass move that gets boosted by Grassy Surge. Horn Leech is for sustain and it is a nice recovery move that also gets boosted by Grassy Surge. Oh, and this thing has a Miracle Seed too, so Wood Hammer and Horn Leech get boosted even further.

[​IMG]
    Drampa @ Life Orb
    Ability: Berserk
    Modest Nature
    Moves:
    Draco Meteor
    Energy Ball
    Fire Blast
    Protect
    EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 252 SpA

Na-na-na-na-na, it's the one and only D-R-A-M-P-A. (I am not sorry but seriously, walk up to me and say this thing doesn't look like Snoop Dog or the dragon from The Neverending Story.) Drampa was a Pokémon that caught me by surprise. It gets access to two great abilities and it hits pretty hard too. This "playful" dragon is going to f*** s*** up and take names while doing so. Berserk is an ability that you need to watch out for. When Drampa hits 1/2 health, run. Drampa gets a +1 boost to his Special Attack, making that base 135 Special Attack, look like a Mega Mewtwo Y destroyed the place. Draco Meteor is a powerful Dragon type move that is used for STAB (I was debating on running Hyper Voice but I decided against it, let me know if I should.) Energy Ball and Fire Blast are used for coverage.

[​IMG]
    Marowak-Alola @ Thick Club
    Ability: Lightning Rod
    Adamant Nature
    Moves:
    Flare Blitz
    Shadow Bone
    Bonemerang
    Protect
    EVs: 252 HP / 76 Atk / 84 Def / 92 SpD / 4 Spe

Ah yes, the Pokémon that took London by storm, A-Marowak. The second most used Pokémon in VGC this year, (next to Celesteela of course) made a name for itself in London back in December, and for good reasons too. Ghost/Fire is an amazing offensive typing (Chandelure was enough proof of that) and A-Marowak got access to a very strong STAB Flare Blitz. Shadow Bone is A-Marowak's signature move and it is a Base 85 Ghost Type move that has a chance of lowering the target's defense. Speaking of signature moves, Bonemerang is a move that all 3 of the Marowak family gets. A 2 hit Ground Type move with a Base Power of 50. I know, it gets access to Earthquake but, Earthquake doesn't break subs and still gets another hit in now does it? No, it doesn't. I don't even need to talk about Thick Club that much but imagine a semi truck with 3 wrecking balls spinning at 80 mph slamming everything in it's path. That is the equivalent of A-Marowak using Flare Blitz with a Thick Club.

[​IMG]
    Araquanid @ Assault Vest
    Ability: Water Bubble
    Sassy Nature
    Moves:
    Liquidation
    Leech Life
    Lunge
    Poison Jab
    EV's: 252 HP / 188 Atk / 68 SpD

Now here is the most overpowered non-legendary Pokémon in the game, in my opinion. This thing gets an Adaptability for Water Type attacks, Heatproof and Water Veil all in one ability, Water Bubble. With a Base 132 Special Defense and Assault Vest equipped, Araquanid becomes a special tank, that can still deal massive amounts of damage with its STABs. Liqudation has a chance of lowering Defense while being a (with Water Bubble) Base 170 Water Type Move. Ouch. Leech Life was previously a Base 30 Bug Type move but apparently got a pep talk from Dracula and became a Base 80 Bug Type Move, that restores your HP equal to half of the damage done to the target. Lunge is also a Base 80 Bug Type Move that lowers the Attack of the target 100% of the time, so Pokémon like Garchomp, Arcanine or Tapu Bulu can't take advantage of it's Base 92 Defense. Poison Jab is for coverage against Grass and Fairy types.

[​IMG]
    Magnezone @ Leftovers
    Ability: Magnet Pull
    Modest Nature
    Moves:
    Thunderbolt
    Flash Cannon
    Substitute
    Protect
    EV's: 252 HP / 44 Def / 156 SpA / 44 SpD / 12 Spe

And finally, we get to the last member of my team, Magnezone. Magnezone has one purpose and one purpose only. Trapping those poor Steel Types. Meaning, this is the main counter to the most used Pokémon in the current meta, Celesteela. Nowhere to run if you are yanked in with those two powerful magnets, only to stay and fight until you drop. If you think a Steel Type can take out a Magnezone, you are horribly mistaken, especially if your name begins with a "C" and ends in "eela". Oh, and remember our pal A-Marowak? Yeah, he works in conjunction with Magnezone. All those Steel Types are fresh targets for A-Marowak. Thunderbolt and Flash Cannon are for STAB, while Protect and Substitute are used to survive the Steel Types that Magnezone trapped.

There is the team that will take Virginia by storm and will write down names. But, changes may need to be made. Here are the options that I can afford or already have.

Nihilego, Hariyama, Krookodile, Salamence, Oranguru, Mimikyu, Mudsdale, Wishiwashi, Vikavolt, Torkoal, Guzzlord, Gyarados and Garchomp. You can also give me suggestions on what I can use!
    I can't afford Celesteela, Kartana (sad face), Any other Tapu, Buzzwole, Pheromosa or Xurxitree.

That's all, I hope I place well in Virginia and I'll tell you guys how it goes!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Arc1Dragon likes this.
  2. Je5t3r

Je5t3r Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    As an update, for VGC 2017, it says "- This format requires Pokémon from gen 7 and Magnezone is from gen 1 because it has a move only available from Gen 1 Virtual Console transfer. - Magnezone must have its Hidden Ability because it has a move only available from Gen 1 Virtual Console transfer." This is play.pokemonshowdown.com, i will also link a Pastebin for Showdown users wanting to use this team. https://pastebin.com/JTvRYX1a

3. Pory-ZPlayz

Pory-ZPlayz Your Friendly Neighborhood Glitch

Iceon
    (Eevee (S))
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽158.5
    Exp. Share ★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I like it. Porygon2 is a good choice.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...