1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

#TBT Recall a memory 1

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by BiohazardSr, Feb 2, 2017.

1. BiohazardSr

BiohazardSr My name is Sid. Sid the Bard

PokéPoints:
    ₽71.6
    Hi guys! We here on the Facebook page are celebrating throwback Thursday. Every month or so, we plan to drop some sort of question(s) asking you guys to tell us a story of a memory you had related to that question. When writing, please tell your story in a minimum of one paragraph [3-5 sentences]. There is no limit on how big it can be.

Our few questions this TBT is: What was it like getting your first shiny, and how did you capture it?

Happy posting!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I was grinding for the eighth gym in White 2, just mindlessy walking around and pressing the A button while in the double grass close to the haunted house. I finally decided to look up and saw a black Camerupt. It took a few seconds to connect the dots and then I freaked out like a maniac. I tossed my Masterball at it and now Lulu sits in the box, waiting.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    Me and my sister had finally beaten the Sinnoh League and we planned to try the PokeRadar. By the end of the day after chaining to 40 and learning about the chaining method, we had our very first shiny, a shiny Shinx! It was just a normal capture in some fancy Pokéball, I honestly forgot.

Not really that interesting, but that memory of us two shouting "SHINY SHINX!" when the grass sparkled is still fresh in my mind after 7-ish years...

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    One of the first times, or the first time, I played Pokémon was on my best friends DS, he handed it to me just to play around and I ended up getting randomly attacked by a rotom, I didn't know the Pokémon at this time so I show my friend, turns out to be a Shiny Rotom! We caught it asap!

5. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    If you don't count shinies given to you here is the story of my first shiny in the wild

I was trying to leave the Kalos Badlands area in Pokémon X when I ran into a Pokémon. My first thought was "oh great a wild Pokémon" but once I saw what it was I yelled. It was a shiny dugtrio. I later traded it away for some other shiny but I will still remember it.