1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

New and Happy to be here

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by Solarking, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Solarking

Solarking Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.8
    Hey all you can call me Solarking. I'm happy to join the community on top if all the others I'm in. Been playing Pokémon for years now and got more into the competitive side with gen 6. I also write fan fictions when I'm not working or playing games, stories I will share here on the site. As for other pertinent details I teach after school for a living as of now and hope to get into published writing soon. If you ever want to talk anything Pokémon, games and anime in general or advice on fan fic writing (English Bachelor's Degree here) feel free to reach out :)

2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Hey, welcome to the site Solarking! You should definitely get yourself an avatar - a default one isn't too fitting! I'd love to see some of your fanfictions too, and which games you play. Be sure to discuss and have fun here!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    Sweet~ Welcome to the lake! An English Bachelor? Pretty cool!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Welcome to Lake Valor :D I got into competitive in gen 6 too, we should battle sometime... Even though I'm not good at it xD
    Anyway hope to see you around!

5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Ah, a teacher and a soon-to-be published writer? That's quite prolific! What subject(s) or levels do you teach at, and do you find it fulfilling? As I tutor for maths myself, I'm curious to know how other people find the experience.

As for published writing, what kind of genre or audience do you aim for? It's definitely a great goal to have, and it's rewarding to see the smiles on people's faces to see them enjoy your work as much as you do.

6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Welcome to the Lake Solarking! I am hyped for more stories, I love to read new content, and that is super cool that you are a teacher. What subject do you teach, I am guessing writing or English class?

7. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    Ooh, and English Bachelor? I really hope to see some of your writing here in the future! Anyway, welcome to LV!

8. Solarking

Solarking Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.8
    I run the newsletter for the public school I'm at, in addition to doing tutoring for after school kids.

Cadbberry likes this.
  9. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Thats super cool, you seem like a really good person :D

10. Solarking

Solarking Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.8
    As of now I run a newsletter for a middle school level after school program, where we cover writing, both for our newsletter and creative writing. I also help coach a speech and debate team from time to time. I like it, but I hope to get into college teaching one day.

I'm a sucker for anything similar to Arthurian literature and pretty much anything fantasy related. I have ideas to do sci-fi Arthurian stories, it can work from what I've tried.

11. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    First of all: I love your avatar! :)

Secondly, welcome to Lake Valor! I hope I get to know you better soon!

12. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    The Arthurian mythos, eh? That's a pretty good choice for things to follow and be enthralled with. It would be interesting to see what sort of spin you put on that, and I'm sure it would surprise a lot of people - you could get a nice following from that!

13. An Evil Wizard

An Evil Wizard The Ironic Mage

Chef Boyardee
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.7
    Fightinium Z ★★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Beedrillite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Welcome!

I can't wait to read your stories.

14. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Ooh cool! I don't think I could handle teaching. Too tiring for me personally, groups of people can be exhausting to manage. Do work in a university though, just in a non-teaching department.. ha. ;w;

Nice to meet you Solarking. :) I hope you'll have an impeccable time here! The members on LV are very nice, and making friends isn't hard at all.

15. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    Welcome to the forums, I used to work in schools as a teacher too (but I returned after my bachelor of education to get a bachelor of design and illustration too, I think it's more my thing at the moment). I used to dream of publishing something written but went off of writing when I got into making visual type art, I hope you continue to work on your dream!

16. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Welcome to the forums, sounds like you have a job with potential for interesting things.