1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Favorite Weather Condition

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Solarking, Feb 2, 2017.

1. Solarking

Solarking Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.8
    So out of all the weather effects in the game which is your fave to use and which Pokémon do you like to use for it?

Mine is rain. I usually go for Kingdra, Politoed or Blastoise. Toxicroak and Heliolisk are fun in the rain too.

2. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Rain or Sun because I don't really use weather and when I am in hail or sandstorms I don't have a rock, steel, ground, or ice Pokémon

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Defiantly Rain for me. Since I happen to be a big fan Water type fan, I love weather that helps me win my battles easier and faster.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Solarking

Solarking Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.8
    I know what you mean, it's easier dealing with rain or sun with no constant chip damage. Easier to capitalize on too, electric types can easily turn the opponent's rain against them and fire/grass types with sun. Not as easy to do with hail or sand.

5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I like hail, I like damage and I am a bigger fan of a continuous attack. I want to get into using a Snow Warning Pokémon so my little Pokémon don't take the damage as much, maybe make hail purpose team. I don't usually use weather though since I am straight out attack and I don't like setting up.

6. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I love Sandstorm or Sand. Ground, Rock, and Steel typing are immune, which really helps out.

DeathxVictory likes this.
  7. Solarking

Solarking Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.8
    Alolan- Nintales and Alolan-Sandslash are awesome when they use their hidden abilities together. I'm working on a hail team and it's doing pretty well, almost as good as my rain team.

8. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    I don't usually plan a team but I would be willing to raise a new vulpix (trying to get a shiny one) and the Sandslash from Strytho's giveaway

9. Solarking

Solarking Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽34.8
    Good luck with the shiny, how are you trying to get it? SOS or breeding?

10. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Breeding cause IVs though I am so sick of it after like 100 eggs or so

11. Megarai111

Megarai111 Elizabeth 3rd

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.6
    I'm completely the same! I'm not one to actively use weather conditions in battle, but if I do, Rain is definitely my favourite.

12. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Sunny so my Lurantis can use Solar Blade in one turn :3

13. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I gotta admit, I'm like cadburry, I almost never take any time to set up anything and just kill in the first round, but if I were to use a weather condition I'd go for rain so that my dragonite's thunder will hit haha I have no patience for low accuracy moves.

14. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    Being that fire is my favorite typing and I have a love for mega charizard y, sunny weather is my favorite. I just love using it to destroy things with fire types and when you mix primal groudon into the mix, ingame it can be a lot of fun.

15. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    I've come to love the sandstom weather condition.

I usually don't any weather moves and never payed any attention to the weather until my Nuzlocke run of White. That was when I got a Sigilyph with Magic Guard and a Herdier with Sand Rush. Desert Resort was so much fun.

#15 Mar 2, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
  16. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I like Rain. Mostly because I like strong water moves and Thunder and Hurricane never miss.

17. Seprix

Seprix Patron Sint

PokéPoints:
    ₽115.8
    Nobody likes hail? O_O

18. Astronaut

Astronaut Swimmer

(Mew Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽26.9
    Agreed, Cadbberry! I actually used hail as my primary method of residual damage back when I went to the VGC 2013 national tournament! I came out with a 5 win to 4 loss ratio, so I think that proves how useful hail can be!

@[member="Seprix"] looks like Cadbberry, @[member="ClefairyKid"], and I do!

Seprix and Cadbberry like this.
  19. Kuroshi Heki

PokéPoints:
    ₽193.3
    I really like Hail and Drought. I don't use a lot of Ice Types but I do love them and my favorite Pokémon Ninetales has an Ice and a Fire type form so these two weather changes really work for me!

20. tttravismurphy

PokéPoints:
    ₽23.0
    I love sun and rain! I used to run a swift swim team back in Gen 5 when it was still broken beyond all belief, so I got some pretty nice memories of rain. I've been doing random battles on Pokémon Showdown, and sun is saving me on quite a few occasions!