1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Getting to Know You!

Discussion in 'Intro Lobby' started by Owly, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Hi everyone! I'm St.Owl, you can call me Brig if you'd like. I was invited (as many people were, it seems) via fanfiction by a person named zformtapu.
    I'm not sure when I first got into Pokémon. There was a big zoom in popularity during third grade, I believe, considering the TCG; although I may have been watching a few Indigo League (?) episodes before then, visiting my uncle and catching the Saturday morning cartoons. I got back into it probably when my brother started watching, browsing the kids' categories on Netflix for something to watch. I ended up watching XY, Kalos Quest, and XYZ (the latter via YouTube), and now I'm watching Indigo League and Pokémon Advanced Challenge.
    My expertise is, obviously, in the anime, although I did read many of the mangas at one point. I'm not sure of the generation names, but I especially read ones featuring Yellow, and others featuring Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. Eventually I gave up, though, there were way too many books to read! XD
    As for favorite Pokémon, my favorite starter is definitely Torchic, as I love its whole evolution line. However, I also really like Chicorita and Snivy. I love Espurr and Meowstic, and of course the Eeveelution family will always be favorites of mine.

In any case, I should stop talking about myself, as I really made this thread to meet other people. (that was a horrible sentence, pardon the cliche.) So, please, introduce yourself with your own ramble, I'd love to have a chat!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    Hiyas, welcome to LV! I hope to see some stories of yours put here in the future, considering you came from FF as well. Don't worry about rambling, that's pretty much what these introduction threads are for! Pardon all my corny cliche stuff, and I hope to see you around!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Very well, I shall give a brief introduction with a ramble of my own. My name's Eclipse, and I'm an alcoh-wait, that was somebody else.

I am Eclipse, and I quietly watch the events and goings-on of Lake Valor, and attempt to introduce people into the culture as best I can. Being an outsider looking in myself, I try my best to remain calm, and not overwhelm people with an inundation of new information. I also double as the occasional concierge (though I prefer 'signpost'), directing people where they wish to go.

You seem rather eager to learn more about the people here, which is good. Might I recommend going by the Question & Answer forum? It's made to host ask-me-anything (or AMA) topics by any user, where people can ask and be asked freely, to learn more about others and themselves. It is a good way to meet people too, though you could meet people pretty much anywhere here, and in a variety of ways.

If chatrooms are a good way for you to meet people, you may consider our Discord server, where many of the regulars are found relaxing. It is a real-time chat, so if that is too fast-paced for you, you could always stop by a person's profile on the forum to say hello, either with a private message or leaving a comment on his or her 'wall'.

I am sure many will also want to introduce themselves to you, so I don't wish to say everything at once. Plus, it will be good for you to see as many people as possible. Should you require assistance finding your way around, advice on what to do or where to go, or even just to talk, you're always free to contact one of us and say hello. Please, make yourself at home here - it's what we want this place to be.

4. Owly

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Thank you very much for your warm welcomes!
    For right now I've been doing well around the site in terms of navigation, understanding the rules and how to do stuff, etc. I really am very interested in meeting people, you're correct. I think it's partially because I'm so awkward in real life, I like to have a few people to talk to in most of the more chatty sites (like this one). I also think it's very important to recognize and be friendly with at least a few faces just to have a good time on any site.
    Thanks again, and I'll definitely examine some of those links!

5. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I've found people who do awkwardly in real-life conversations can flourish exceptionally well in text and/or long-distance mediums like this one, as they give more time for you to think over your words, and let you compile everything you'd like to say into one place.
    Granted, I'm very much like that, but that's not the only reason; I've seen that in many other people too.

That's a good recommendation. Start with a few people at first, and then you can gradually branch yourself outward, forming more and more connections as you go. Then you'll be known by a fairly sizable chunk - which is generally a good thing. Best of luck to you! If you need anything, just ask.

6. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    Hey~ Welcome to the lake, Brig! I truly hope you do enjoy it here! Everyone here is super friendly! See you around~

7. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Getting to know you, getting to know all about, Getting to like you, getting to hope you like me! All I thought about XD Welcome to Lake Valor, it is so nice to meet you! I am a big Pokémon manga fan, which one was your favorite? My favorite is the DP Adventure series, short series but it was really entertaining.

8. Owly

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I'm not sure which one was my favorite, I never really finished xD I was really fond of Yellow, although I really have no idea which universe she was in . . . I know she was with Red, and some sort of bridge to Gold and Silver?

9. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    She was in the Pokémon Adventures manga, I really liked that manga, it was a lot more serious than the other manga which was a welcomed change

10. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    welcome to the forum c: I am personally more the other way around, I only played the games and only saw some of the earliest anime in the first season, and there's almost no opportunity to watch things via data where I live so it's going to be a while before I'll get the opportunity to see anime again XD

11. POKE

POKE Ace Trainer

Johnny Waffles
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.3
    Premier Ball ★
    Welcome, enjoy the site and the chats new member :)

12. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Welcome Brig, I'm sure you'll find plenty of fellow fans of the anime here.

13. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I love seeing others who like Chikorita! She is so cute, I especially loved Ash's in the anime series. Was a bit sad when it evolved but still liked Bayleef a lot. Welcome to LV and nice to meet you Brig. o/ Hope you'll find a home here! With your love for Pokémon and other sets of interests I'm sure you'll mesh well with the other members here. =)

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Welcome aboard, @[member="StOwl"]! Owls are super duper cute, I wish I could own one... :( I hope you enjoy your stay here and lemme know if you need any help.