1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask CK

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by ClefairyKid, Feb 5, 2017.

1. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    For the asking of questions and the giving of answers.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    You said you didn't like sports, what about curling? A sport so slow and dull it is like watching paint dry.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ClefairyKid

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    I've never seen it and the only mention of it I can think of was as a mini game in digimon world, which I also didn't play haha I'm guessing that's because it's an ice sport and I live in the one of the hottest inhabited parts of the world :P

4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    It is a really silly Olympic sport https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q79aUl-s2Ac

How are you liking LV?

5. ClefairyKid

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    I don't have the data to watch youtube videos, it's expensive out here. I usually borrow it but there's no one here to borrow from today.

It's alright, much slower paced than the sites I usually spend time on but I like to collect the treasures and decorate the profile.

Cadbberry likes this.
  6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    What got you started as an artist? What are some of your inspirations?

7. ClefairyKid

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Huh well (it's a long explanation to get to me actually drawing pictures), way back, in primary school, I thought of myself as a writer, I knew a famous author and he took me to some young author events and I was writing a lot and my dream was to become a librarian who had published at least one book. I was also quite the nerd (still am) and was frustrated that being in such a tiny school meant we didn't cover the full range of subjects. I complained to the teacher that we had no art lessons, and she said "do it yourself". I took her literally and taught the art lessons myself, even though I had very little experience and no especial love for drawing.

Then, I left my tiny hometown school of 100 or less and ended up at a terrifyingly large and hardcore religious private high school, where I had no friends. Somehow, despite there being no obvious way for them to have known that I taught the art classes previously, everyone there kept referring to me as "the girl who draws" and considering everything else was very unpleasant at the time, I just rolled with it, although it was a battle and still tends to be, I hated drawing and sometimes still do, it's not natural. I get really angry and used to break pencils and things in my frustration. I'm at least a bit chiller now. Towards the end of highschool I also had the good fortune of discovering that the computers there had photoshop on them and even though there were no lessons in digital art I then spent every day from age 15 to now playing in it figuring it out as I go, so that's how it become so digitally specific.

I originally started out by making stamps on deviantart, that's how I learned to animate and use layers etc, and I won my first ever premium sub from a contest with my first stamp and that's what really drove me to keep making things. I then quickly moved into photomanips (another wildly unpopular area) and that's how I got to know photoshop in depth since it requires a wide skill set. By the time I was in uni I ended up as the gallery moderator on dA for pixel art, and that was a heck of a steep learning curve because traditional pixel art is a hellishly demanding medium and I went from starting out to moderator for it within a year. I then finished my degree as a teacher and realised it was terrible (another story) and that I wasn't getting to work in art anyway, so I went back and did an illustration degree, so that's the most formal "teaching" I've had for it, but it didn't involve direct drawing lessons, it was mostly theory and design related practice, so graphic design/fonts/layout/spacing/arrangment etc, So now I am working solidly towards drawing directly, in digital painting and a little traditional work on the side, it's the first time I've fully dedicated myself to that and not some form of side medium. Technically I am a freelance illustrator.

As for artist inspirations, way back in the day my earliest inspirations were tagl and jad-art, although nowawadays my tastes have totally shifted and I am very much into len-yan and feverworm most of all. I was probably looking at manga inspired work and now I am much more in favor of semi realism because I feel like it's a style that has the hard aspects from both worlds combined, it's harder to achieve and you see it less frequently than either outright manga/anime or realism. I do tend to slide easily into realism though because it's just easy to replicate what's there rather than draw something totally anew. I also love artists like bronzehalo, getanimated, firstfear, ichitoko, wish04 (all pixel artists) and ladollblanche (for chibis), also bloodlineV who did the art of me in my dp/profile. I follow over 4k artists on dA and a hundreds on instagram so it's hard to put all the inspirations I look at into a reply off the top of my head haha but browsing through my favorites section would give you a pretty good idea of what I look at. I get inspiration outside of artists just as much, by seeing colours in photos or combinations of things etc, so I like instagram for that.

TLDR: I thought I was writer, I got angry trying to draw for reasons, ended up a digital freelance artist. much logic, such sense

8. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    What is your go-to thing when you need to just relax and unwind?

What is your favourite crunchy food?

If you had to dye your hair a colour of the rainbow, what would you choose?

9. ClefairyKid

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Reading maybe, but to be honest I don't usually relax and unwind, I'm extremely high strung, stressed out and not a chilled out person most of the time haha

Erm... would chips count? The packet kind?

You er... do realise my hair is already blue right? I've already been rainbow as well so... technically I already have been all the hair colours you can be already.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: Do you have a preferred type of footwear?

:: Do you know anybody who wears corrective lenses (i.e. glasses or contact lenses)?

:: Is 'doge' your favourite meme?

11. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    How would you rate your ability to recall dreams you've had?

What do you think of the reputation of Black Mountain and the strange stories of disappearances there?

12. ClefairyKid

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Odd shoes, aka, the same shoes but I buy two pairs of each in different colours, so one green and one blue converse sneaker, one black and one cream slip on shoe, etc, as for a preference within that, I like light up shoes, and shoes without laces that need doing up all the time, so I frequently wear light up kids shoes in mismatched colours. I can't afford to be too fussy seeing as I'm a kids size anyway, so it's limited to what they put in a kid's section.

You know, I'm not really sure, I don't and no one close to me does but then I don't know or interact with many people so that might just be statistical. I guess there's a chance someone has and I've just never noticed/known.

No, I'm not big on dogs to start with (I actually really really dislike them, unpopular opinion time haha). I don't really know what would be my favorite meme, but I think the funniest and most elaborate meme use is one referring to ibis birds, here they pop up in all our memes as being terrible, and this one is just the best thing I've ever seen meme wise (it's very australian so im not sure if the humour will be obvious or not, also, BIG WARNING FOR TERRIBLE LANGUAGE ETC, thats a symptom of australian memes unfortunately http://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/2017/01/12/bondi-hipsters-trash-ibises-in-a-song-about-birds/
    *note that bondi hipsters are actually really good outside of this video too

Pretty detailed I think? I'm not sure exactly what would be considered good or not but I sometimes manage to have 2 or even 3 concurrent or intersecting dreams and can recall numerous people both known and unknown, items, feelings, sensations, movement and location from them. The sensation of touch in a dream doesn't seem to be that common, maybe that makes it more memorable? Or that they are 99% nightmares, that makes it memorable and cliched too :P

I have never heard of it, where is it? haha I could google it, but would that spoil your opportunity to tell me about it or?

13. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    It's in Queensland (though I know that hardly narrows things in itself, huge area) in a national park, a big black mountain that is said to stand out amongst the surrounding wilderness and looks more like a strange pile of black boulders that some think looks not quite so natural. Aboriginal people have a lot of dark stories and legends about evil things inside and disappearances, and there are stories in recent history of people camping near it hearing weird things, seeing weird figures, and disappearances. I've never been there but it sounds very interesting.

Have you ever gone star-gazing?

Do you enjoy sitting around and cooking with campfires?

14. ClefairyKid

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Ah, I'm from SA, that would be why. It's a long way even from Queensland :P

Well, there are a lot of stars to see from where I already live, if that counts, it's the top of a very high hill/mountain area far from the city so it's very clear. Not that I've ever had much idea what I was looking at though.

No, I hate camping and refuse to go, I've never been to a campfire, probably because there's a strict fireban here for a large part of the year, fire here can become deadly and out of control from the tiniest thing so it's very much a no-no just to have fire for fun. We even get told which days we can have a bbq it's that dangerous. Also, I think people would be fools to camp here, the brown snakes, scorpions, wolf spiders etc, are numerous and you're a long way from a hospital to fix it if it happens.

15. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    That makes sense, I completely forgot about how big a deal fires can be in Australia. And yeah the creatures don't help.

Have you ever been to Christmas Island?

If not would you ever go there despite the terrible horrifying crab-swarms?

16. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Are you a cat or dog person?

17. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    what would you name a blue clefairy that was glow in the dark?

18. ClefairyKid

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    No, I don't travel, I'm not remotely histper, down to earth, native, hippie, outdoorsy, nothing at all like that. I am the typical hyper pasty nerd sitting in my room on computers all day, just with the unusual background of roos outside the window, and crawlies in the bed LOL sorry if that ruins the idea of what you thought an Australian might be like, but I can't swim, much less want to go to beaches or hike about outside in the deadly weather and deadly landscape :P

Crab swarms are not the most terrifying kind of thing I'd have seen by a long mile, so it's not too big of a deal as long as I don't have to get within pinching distance.
    lmao, extremely allergic to cats, literally horrified of dogs (the way that people often scream and jump onto furniture to get away from mice/spiders/snakes, is what I do when I see a dog) - so that would be neither XD
    I don't nickname Pokémon, or characters, or ... anything LOL I'd just say it was a very pretty thing I want in my collection.

19. East

East Look to the Stars

PokéPoints:
    ₽742.2
    What is your favorite genre of music?

What do you eat for breakfast most days?

20. ClefairyKid

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    I don't normally favour a genre or even a band or single artist, but recently I have to admit I've tended towards kpop most of all, although I'm still very partial to electro swing and dubstep (of the Pendulum kind, seeing as dubstep seems to be widely interpreted at this point). Kpop has fantastic visuals, emotive stories in some clips and some have the most incredible dancing and you can learn along with them and it's great, energetic fun.

I never used to have breakfast at all, but sometimes I do recently, because bacon on toast is fantastic and worth making the effort to eat in the morning for :'D