1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Mega stones in Sun and Moon

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Hraesvelgr, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽12,046.5
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    [​IMG]

I'm sure many have been noticing that a large amount of mega stones seems missing in Sun and moon, to be exact all stones that don't have a Pokémon in the Alolan pokédex. Serebii have been updating on the seemingly missing stones and is been announced that two of these missing stones will be available in a online competition as an entry gift in late February, few more details can be found in serebii's site. As the little image says it appears that all the missing mega stone might get distributed in a similar way so we'll probably see more competitions with mega stones as some of reward.

What do y'all think about that?

Personally I really don't it, I know they want people to get more into the games but more or less forcing people that want the mega stones to either enter, trade for it which probably won't be cheap or hack it into their games don't sit well with me. I really don't think people should have to take part of a competition for something like a mega stone that was previously available in-game, this really screws up a few things for those that have bred Pokémon that need the mega stone for whatever reason since not everyone care about entering competitions. I'm one of those that really couldn't care less about entering competitions and I honestly doubt I'll enter any of the ones that promise mega stones even if I like to battle I like doing it against my friends not a random person that'll half the time just disconnect on purpose anyway when they appear to be losing. I know I'm not the only one feeling this way and is frustrating to know the only legit way to get some mega stones is through entering competitions, yes is an entry gift but we all know there'll be a minimum require probably to get the stones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I think that they are trying to remove their 'mistake' since they didn't supply more. This probably gives them more time if they wanna make more of them so they can be added as special stones.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    I think it's crap and that they should be available to everybody regardless of whether or not that person wants to enter a competition. A lot of players aren't into competitions yet would still like to be able to have all the megas that exist for collection purposes (which has always been one of the main parts of any Pokémon game, collecting that is) and these people are getting the shaft. I hope they reconsider and just end up updating and distributing them all for everyone at some point.

4. JET2295TSF

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.4
    I agree with it being a bad idea. I don't see the point in competiting in a tournament just for a mega stone. A majority of people are just going to use Pkhex and just inject the stones into the game anyway.

5. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    As someone who never plays competitively I will probably either have to trade highly to get them or more than likely use my powersave for them (if it's possible for powersave to do that anyway). I am never in favor of hacking unless I think the restriction on a game has gone too far so this feels like they are going to push me to do it in order to have the complete game experience/collection. I already do so for the bank balls because one a game is a silly restriction in my opinion, so I hope this doesn't become an increasing trend.

6. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Hopefully they don't make mega stones battle competition exclusive items. I hope they have some events that give you them.