1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Ask That One Person That One Question About That One Thing

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by starry-syzygy, Feb 7, 2017.

1. starry-syzygy

starry-syzygy almost a zombie

Virgo
    (Kirlia)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,852.2
    Heyo! Feel free to ask me as many questions as you'd like!

Have no idea what to ask me? Here are a few things about me that might help you come up with questions to ask:
    • I majored in culinary arts and currently work in a restaurant​
    • I love to draw and make various arts and crafts projects in my free time​
    • I like watching and reading anime and manga​
    • I have a lot of pets​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Feb 7, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    First post!

:: Have you ever sprinted before, for any reason?

:: Can you perform a pull-up?

:: What appeals to you about the word 'syzygy', exactly? There are many reasons, but I'd like to hear yours.

3. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    *does a cool kickflip in*

I saw you have a portfolio, so what inspires your art?

Can you write stories? If so, can you write them well?

Do you have a favorite word?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    *Casually strolls in* Oh? Are we asking questions? Alright.

So, when did you start down the path of art?

What's your favorite anime? Why?

What do you think of the lake so far?

5. starry-syzygy

Virgo
    (Kirlia)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,852.2
    1. Yep, used to be on my high school's track and field team.

2. No, I lack the arm strength. D:

3. I really like astronomy, and syzygies are my favorite astronomical phenomenon. c:
    Oh, and I like the spelling and pronunciation of the word as well.

1. It's mainly other artists that inspire my art. Seeing others' amazing artwork helps me come up with some ideas of my own. My mood influences my art as well.

2. I've written a few short stories before. I'm not sure on how well they were written though. My English and grammar are pretty good, but I'm not too great at making my stories very interesting. I also tend to repeat the same words often, I'm bad at coming up with synonyms.

3. Onamonapia. Such a fun-sounding word. :D
    1. Over ten years ago, when I was nine.

2. I can't decide between these two, so I'll list them both. Angel Beats and Yuri On Ice. They both have amazing animation and music. I really loved the story of Angel Beats and the voice acting as well. With Yuri On Ice, I liked how I could relate to Yuuri. The skating performances were amazing as well.

3. I like it so far! I still haven't explored all of the different categories yet though ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

6. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    How did you get into astronomy to begin with?

Favorite artist(s)?

Do you frequent many sites or just a few?

7. starry-syzygy

Virgo
    (Kirlia)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,852.2
    1. Hmm...when I was younger, my parents often pointed out constellations and planets when we were outside at night, I think that had partly to do with how I took an interest in it.

2. There's so many great artists out there, that its hard to choose. ^^; I guess if I had to pick a few of my favorite artists from DA they would be: kawacy, DestinyBlue, Pinochi, and Yoncco.

3. Depends, art sites or just websites in general? If you're talking about art, other than here, I frequent deviantart, toyhou.se, and there's a small art community like Lake Valor's on Bell Tree Forums that I like. If you're talking about websites in general though, there's quite a few I frequent. I'm not on many social media sites though. >//<

8. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    What is your avatar from (It is super cute)

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    What's your favourite meal in the whole world? 8)

10. Fidchell

Fidchell Souls of Fire

PokéPoints:
    ₽85.9
    What is your favorite gameplay aspect of Pokémon overall? And what is your favorite gen if any?

11. starry-syzygy

Virgo
    (Kirlia)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,852.2
    Thanks! :D

It's an icon I made of my oc Yume! :3

That's a hard one. I'm torn between seafood fettuccine and osso buco. >-<

Hmm...I'm not sure. Maybe the running shoes and reusable TMs? They're definitely improvements that made the Pokémon games more enjoyable for me.

Gotta go with gen 2 for my favorite generation. I like a lot of the gen 2 Pokémon designs as well as the amount of post-game content there is in the gen 2 games. The gen 2 remakes were really good too. :)

Cadbberry likes this.
  12. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    What music genres do you like?

How did you discover Lake Valor?

Who's your favourite Pokémon gym leader?

13. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    :: How did you acquire the moniker 'Ray'? (Unless that's your name, in which case I'll look like an oaf.)

:: What is your oldest possession?

:: What's something that, in your opinion, is far too expensive for what it is?

14. starry-syzygy

Virgo
    (Kirlia)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,852.2
    1. I like light rock and classical music. I listen to a lot of foreign music as well (mainly k-pop and j-pop).

2. I happened to see a couple of people talking about Lake Valor's art community on DA. I prefer smaller art communities over large ones, and thought it was worth checking out. c:

3. Probably Jasmine. I like her design and how she comes off as kind of quiet and shy in the games, but has this giant, scary Steelix as her main Pokémon. In terms of personality though, I kinda like Blaine and Wattson.

1. Ray is just a shortened, nickname version of my real name. ;)

2. I'm not sure...if you mean something that I've owned for a long time it would probably be a quilt that I've had since I was born. If you mean old as in the age of my possession, then I have no idea ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

3. Compressed air. Last time I bought some, it was $20 for one can. ;;

15. ✯Ho-OhLugia✯

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ Pokemon Masters

PokéPoints:
    ₽132.0
    Are you a good swimmer?

What foods do you absolutely detest eating?

Do you prefer water or flavoured drinks?

16. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    :: Do you have a favourite 2-dimensional shape (or pattern, perhaps)?

:: How often do you eat out for meals, either for yourself or with others?

:: The spotted things hanging down from behind your hat, are those your ears?

17. starry-syzygy

Virgo
    (Kirlia)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,852.2
    1. I'm a pretty good swimmer, I go swimming a lot in the summertime. ^^

2. Pineapple, coconut, raisins, any kind of melon, and raw fish/seafood dishes. I'm willing to try stuff with them in it, but I usually end up hating them. I just don't have a taste for any of them >-<

3. Water! I drink way more water than anything else tbh.

1. Not really, but I guess if I had to pick one, it would be octagons. They're just the 1st 2-d shape that pops into my mind ^^;

2. Not too often, maybe once every 2-3 weeks. I don't have many friends that I can go out to eat with ;;

3. If you mean on my avatar, then yep, those are his ears! They're actually stars, but the image is pretty small, so it's hard to tell ;w;

✯Ho-OhLugia✯ likes this.
  18. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    Do you like ferris wheels?

What's something you always looked forward to when you were little?

Do you prefer pens or pencils for writing?

19. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    If life is so fair, why do roses have thorns?

20. starry-syzygy

Virgo
    (Kirlia)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,852.2
    1. No, I'm scared of heights. I'd probably just curl up in a ball if I ever end up on a ferris wheel >-<

2. I always looked forward to going to my grandmother's house. She's really nice :)

3. Pens. It sucks that most pens aren't the erasable kind, but sharpening pencils, replacing the lead, etc. annoys me more.

But life really isn't all that fair?

I guess if you want a serious answer though I'd say that roses have thorns because they are kinda like an accurate representation of life and its fairness? Life can be beautiful and can bring joy like the flower of the rose, but at the same time it can be cruel and painful like the thorns.

That, and I'm pretty sure roses have thorns as a defense mechanism because they hate life and don't want to be touched or picked. Idk if I even answered this question, I don't really know what I'm even talking about.