1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rune Factory

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Achromatic, Feb 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Who here is a fan of Rune Factory? Which is your favourite game, and some of your fave characters?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    Well, Ben. You know I'm a RF fan from the Discord so...

My favorite game is probably 4 because it mixed the gameplay from 3 with the story of 2~

My top five favorite characters are Venti, Raven, Xiao Pai (Don't you dare judge! It was originally Forte), Volkanon and finally Barrett~

Let the waifu wars... begin.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    SCREAM *AGRESSIVELY LANDS IN THE THREAD*
    so. Frey = best MC and Vishnal is the sweetest bachelor haha

If you can't tell I have a serious all out bias for RF4 specifically <33

4. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Rune Factory 4 is really an incredible game! @[member="Satix"] is the one that inspired me to get it and I've never looked back. I married all of the girls but my main wife was Dolce. She's the best. 8)

Ryan likes this.
  5. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Agreed so much!!! I love Vishnal. He is sooo cute. ;_;/ I was obsessed with him when playing through RF4, he was by far my favorite bachelor, though I like Leon a lot too. I'd spend the entire day playing RF4 and stopped only to eat or sleep back around two years ago. So many fond memories of this game. <3 Never played any of the other Rune Factory games though, but if any are available similar to this title specifically (on the 3DS) I'd love to try it.

6. ClefairyKid

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    That's literally how I play it too, although that's because I want to try and max out all the levelling menus for skills etc, and craft the best armour (but I left off at the point where I realised I had neglected to grow the coloured crystals and would need giant ones for the best armour recipes).

I also find the crafting at the end game stage a bit complicated to understand so XDD but I will go back to it, once I do my DS transfer from my old rickety one to the new one (curse digital download only!!).

@[member="Achromatic"] did you get a digital version or ? So far as I can find, there aren't any physical copies and it was save so much worry about the digital data being vulnerable if I could find a real one

7. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I got both. The physical copy in an American con, Sakura Con, and the Europe release on the eShop. :)

8. ClefairyKid

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    aaa so there is technically an english version in a physical cartridge? I'm guessing 3DS are region locked... would I go as far as to import both and start over when I'm already at post game on my first.... hmmmmmm

Also, just dug up the instructions again for the armour set, if anyone else is interested in trying it too:
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/635388-rune-factory-4/68131791

The second post is the one you need to follow I believe.

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    There is a physical copy yeah, but you'll only find it in America or Japan as far as I can tell. :(

10. ClefairyKid

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    I'm seriously consideirng a nice limited edition ds from america that you cant get here, so i can finally import a physical rune factory 4 NOT TO MENTION ACTUALLY GET SOME HARVEST MOON sheeeeeesh they've been out for years and we still have no sign of a release date, its ridiculous I SPEAK ENGLISH I DONT NEED TRANSLATION

11. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I've been a fan since rf1 and it is tied with 4 as my favorite. Haven't beaten 4 yet but the other 3 I have plus rune factory frontier, also getting close to beating tides of destiny. My favorites bacheloreties are: felicity from rf1, melody from rf1 & rff, anette and iris from rff, cecelia from rf2, kuruns, carmen, raven, and share from rf3, elena, and sonja from rftod, and for rune factory 4... the jury is still out but Illuminate is getting into waif territory, really wish she was a bachelorette.

I enjoyed all of the games but my least favorites are 2 and 3. I never ed liked the forced mirage system to be honest.

I admit that I did like lara in rf1 but she dropped off in rff because she got annoying in that one.

The one thing I miss is item trading. That feature left after rf2 sadly. Another this is that 1 golden veggie and an event were cut out of the international release of frontier. I would give details on some of the gsmes, but there would be WAAAAAAAAAAY too many spoilers so I'm not going to :p

12. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Woah, I never thought I'd meet someone who's least favourite is 3. All the console versions are super inferior to the handhelds imo but maybe that's just me. I can't help but feel iffy on them.

13. UnstoppableGamer

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    (Not trying to fight~)
    I can see why Strytho disliked the forced marriage. Sometimes you just think every waifu is crap~
    My personal gripe with 3 is that it felt too short. I forgot what level I beat the game, but it was definitely lower than the others.

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I totally get it, yeah. I didn't even really think much about that stuff but I do get it. Just to me the good far outweighs the bad for 3. I've gotta say though, in all cases RF4 beats it out of the water.

15. UnstoppableGamer

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    I think we can all agree that 4 is the best~
    Seriously, how can one game have so few flaws!? (Damn you random final act!)

16. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    The amount of effort put into it is insane. Any time someone asks me about which games to play on the 3DS I ALWAYS recommend Rune Factory 4. You won't find many better.

17. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    Took me long enough, but I am making the post here.

Rune Factory is easily my favorite video games series. They don't have as much replay value for me as Pokémon, but I like my first play through way more. The "waifus" are just a bonus. I kinda like the monotony of the farming aspect (like in Harvest Moon). I really like the character design and interaction in the series (it is what I love most). Then having a good plot, and a decent battle system, it just comes together really nicely.

Rune Factory 4 is easily my favorite. They have improved with each game, to the point where it took me a good 30 minutes to an hour to recover from the ending. The characters are lovable, and the plot was really interesting. I actually wanted to hurt the main villain.

Forte, Cecilia, and Raven are probably my favorite characters from the games that I actually played a bunch of.

18. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I never crafted the best things, but I did get an amazing weapon from a seed dungeon plus tamed a really, really strong miniboss which destroyed nearly everything. Doubt I'd have gotten through the full game without it. :< The tornadoes wrecked my farm more times than I want to admit too lol.

Kind of want to replay now, since it has so many dear memories and I love the characters. By far my favorite game. Out of the girls, Margaret is my favorite! I have a bias towards elves. ♡

19. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I hate to admit this but rune factory 4 is the best, rune factory 1 is what got me into it and It came from a dear friends so it will always be special to me. The console versions aren't as good but to some people like me they have their own charm. Frontier was great to me because I never marry in RF1 due to a certain glitch that never got fixed. For me these games are ALL about the stories and never achievments. I love the series as a whole and if someone doesn't like Pokémon I always recommend this series. I always describe it a "farming meets dungeon fighting", and that description has gotten several people I met hooked on it. Harvest moon is a good series but Rune factory adds debth and story to it that make it sooooo much better. And while I'm not that fond of RF2 and RF3, I still rate them high as games because if you think about it @[member="Achromatic"] is right, there is so much good about them. I mean your kid never ages in RF1 no matter if you go through 50 years in game!

Rune factory is one of those series I have very few complaints and I hope that they will eventually come out with more games. 2 of the best gifts I ever got were rune factory 4 for my birthday a couple years ago, rune factory frontier for christmas 5 years ago and rune factory tides of destiny 3 years ago. So since Pokémon is slowing down for me a bit, I think I'll work on finishing the 2nd arc of RF4

20. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    I felt compelled to craft because my friends did it but I wasn't big on the mechanic or very good at it. Thanks to @[member="Satix"] though I made this wand that looked like a regular wand but did like 28,000 damage each time or something insane. It killed everything, haha. I still have it on my main file. Tempted to do a video demonstration of it sometime.