1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Studio Ghibli

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Owly, Feb 9, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    Studio Ghibli is one of my favorite film companies. I've watched a ton of their movies, including (but not limited to) Ponyo, Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, and everyone's favorite, My Neighbor Totoro. I most recently watched Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind and Princess Mononoke, which both lived up to the studio's reputation.
    What are your thoughts on Studio Ghibli? What's your favorite film by them?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    WhiteDragonAura likes this.
  2. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Princess Mononoke is far and away my favorite, Still have a VHS copy of it I bought years ago, though no working VCR to play it any longer.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I loved Ponyo, and I remember getting that from the library A LOT until we finally bought it. I love Studio Ghibli so much, and every time I see their logo on a movie I say, "That has to be a good movie."

4. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I personally don't think I really like their films as far as story goes (wildly unpopular opinion haha ) and I haven't watched many and not for a long time (so I could be wrong). But I loooove the way they approach their backgrounds with so much detail, yet it's not quite realism either. I love to collect gifs of leaves falling, water running etc, that are from ghibli things. That's where I got the inspiration to make my own in that kind of style for my profile background.

DecemberWildfire likes this.
  5. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I think Studio Ghibli is amazing, my sister and I love watching their movies. I love Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, My Neighbour Totoro, Princess Mononoke, Kiki's Delivery Service, basically I love everything that I watched *laughs*

I like their animation and art, everything is just so pretty and detailed <3

6. Ethereal

Ethereal LV Lurker

Luigia
    (Lugia Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,311.7
    Thunder Stone ★★★Poké Doll ★★
    I adore Studio Ghibli movies! Their animation is always gorgeous, and I love how whimsical a lot of their movies are too.
    I think my favourites have got to be Princess Mononoke, Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind, and Porco Rosso.

WhiteDragonAura likes this.
  7. WhiteDragonAura

Cyndaquil
    (Quilava)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽63.7
    Love all their movies (although I still haven't seen The Wind Rises). Princess Mononoke is a masterpiece and I think, Miyazaki's best work. There's nothing else like it. :)