1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon Amie or Pokémon Refresh?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Arc1Dragon, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Which version do yo like better? Pokémon Amie, where you can play games with your Pokémon, or Pokémon Refresh, where you can clean up your Pokémon after a battle and cure status conditions?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have to give it to Pokémon Refresh, Amie was cute with the games and all but I like the utility Pokémon Refresh brings, also I like the simplicity of the beans, I feel like I am not killing them with sugar and making them at least semi healthy.

4. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    It's a tough choice...

I really liked the minigames in Pokémon-Amie, and at first, I was a little disappointed that they hadn't returned in Refresh. However, at this point, I'm also happy with the simplicity of Refresh. Just getting your Pokémon up to max affection for the sake of getting boosted exp. and in-battle advantages is done in literally seconds, three Rainbow Beans and your Pokémon is all maxed out. Whereas, in Amie, it could take up to an hour per Pokémon.
    That being said, I would still like the option of playing games with your Pokémon, but utility-wise, Refresh is in my opinion the better version.

5. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Pokémon Refresh is more useful, but I found Pokémon Amie really fun. I spent a long time playing the minigames in the latter. But what matters most of all is the boosted EXP points you get from both!

6. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    Not that I like to use either all that much, refresh has to win because I can at least fix a problem practically using refresh, whereas amie is just not useful. I don't know if I like refresh in it's current state though, it could do with tweaking at least. I guess I admit that amie is the best place to take pictures of your Pokémon though.

7. Drew Blackstone

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    While I like both, I've gotta hand it to Refresh because being able to heal status for free is just so useful.

8. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I adore both, but Amie takes the cake solely for the minigames. While healing poison and stuff for free is nice... but... the yarn game...

Also, Refresh can get annoying sometimes. Oricorio, I am NOT brushing you for the 500th time today.

edit//: AND Pokémon Amie literally translates to "Pokémon, my friend." HOW CAN YOU NOT LOVE THIS TITLE

Arc1Dragon, Hikari and Skittle like this.
  9. Hikari

Hikari Poké Maniac

Ryu
    (Trapinch)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽450.7
    Legendary Triforce ★★
    It's a really hard decision, as they both have their perks. I absolutely adore the mini games in Amie, especially the yarn one, and if they're affectionate enough, you pet them for extra experience points while in battle.

Refresh is nice as well because it is nice to heal status effects for free. But when I'm on the menu or after a battle, the icon shakes or appears, and it does get annoying. Either way, I end up buying items anyways...

So I'm going to have to go with Amie, since I see nothing negative about it compared to Refresh. I'm also sad that there aren't mini games. I was hoping those would come back.

Beffie likes this.
  10. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I say Pokémon Amie, because I only played that one-

{Jeez you're so biased!}

Be quiet! Sorry, but I really enjoyed the little mini games in Amie. Yeah, I would play that for at least an hour at a time, instead of training, but at least I got my Sylveon after playing that!

11. Kiyase

Kiyase Sailor

Etain
    (Growlithe)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽15.7
    Poké Ball ★Amulet Coin ★★★
    Ahhh that's a toughie.

I think my favorite of the two is Refresh because of how useful it is to heal status conditions. I will always like the mini games in Pokémon Amie, but Pokémon Refresh is a little more useful in my opinion.

12. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I'd say that Refresh is my favorite mainly because I barely use either. If it wasn't for the prompt that comes up for refresh, I'd probably never use it. Amie is fun but I found Refresh to be more particle and I didn't spend over five hours grinding the puzzle mini-game to get max affection on my Pokémon. I'd like to say that I'm good at the puzzle game now but all I fell is depression. I can now do the first level in under 10 seconds. 20 for the second level.

13. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I prefer refresh. Based on the fact that it has been more useful for me during a normal playthrough than Amie has ever been.

14. Uber-Dan

Uber-Dan PKMN Breeder

Rayquaza Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽150.7
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★
    Refresh is better since it can be used to heal status effects, plus rainbow beans make getting max affection a breeze, 3 maxes out a Pokémon affection instantly. Amie has some nice mini-games though.

15. Aewynessa

Pidgey
    (Pidgey)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽219.4
    Staff of VerityCrown of ValorBig Nugget ★★★★★
    I would choose Amie over Refresh. I enjoy the games in Amie as well as feeding them sugary treats. The Poke Beans, while technically healthier, seemed a little wierd to me. Instead of treating Pokémon royally, I was stuffing them with dry, dyed vegetables. Appealing.

Refresh is also broken, which is a fact that I do not like. You can heal your Pokémon of status conditions for free, yet the game still tries to sell your status-heal items. How does that make sense?

However, I do like that Refresh has interaction after a battle by cleaning/drying/brushing a Pokémon that battled. It makes the battles seem less static and more realistic.

Regardless, Amie > Refresh.

16. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,983.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    Neither to be honest, I barely use them unless I have to even doing casual playthroughs although Refresh is more useful, I just don't use them because I feel like they have a already easy game easier.

17. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    I have to give this one to Refresh. Not only is it super helpful, but it's also a lot less monotonous than Amie when it comes to maxing out your Pokémon's affection. Rainbow beans are handed out like confetti, so if you want to raise an Eevee into a Sylveon and don't want to interrupt your quest to spend over an hour's worth of time playing minigames with/petting/feeding it, then you no longer have to.

All of that, and it's just satisfying to clean dirt and muck off of your Pokes after a long battle.

18. HeroofFire101

HeroofFire101 Stirlingite

Ember
    (Quilava)
    Level 34
    PokéPoints:
    ₽10,645.7
    I have actually never really bothered with Refresh, because I discovered it by accident and now just use it to resolve status conditions. Amie does not have this feature, so I'm leaning towards Refresh. But I loved the puzzle minigame in Amie because I like their puzzles.

19. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    Pokémon Refresh. I never really liked Pokémon Amie and only used it to get a Sylveon. Refresh on the other hand serves an actual function in healing status ailments.