1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Change your name

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Azazel, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    No, not your forum name! If you could change your birth name, what would it be to?

2. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I would probably swap my first and middle name. I like Anastasia better and I can shorten it to Sia.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I would love to change my name to Wes. It better suits me, and I don't really like my real first name (Hunter)...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have no clue but I would love to change it to something else. I hate the name Katelyn for my self...
    I did always want to shorten it to Kat but I am not sold.

5. An Evil Wizard

An Evil Wizard The Ironic Mage

Chef Boyardee
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.7
    Fightinium Z ★★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Beedrillite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I would keep my first name (Katie) even though it's really common. My last name would either get changed to Valenti or something better.

6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    You are a Katie too!

Also now that you mention last names goodness, just scrap my middle name, Renee, I hate that one a lot. I get picked on for my last name too, Dodge, so I would change it too.

I think all my names work on their own but all together is funky funky and not the good type of funk

7. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    I would change my middle name, Marie, because it's just so flippin' common, at least were I live. I'm not sure what I would change it to, maybe Avery?

Although, it would be nice if my initals (not counting my middle name) weren't RV...

8. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I love the names Nora and Naomi! Latter especially, it's been one of my favorite names for so long now. Alice is also beautiful. I like my real name, but boy do I love some other names too..

My middle name used to be my dad's name, but I got it removed years ago since it was a bit weird to have that as a middle name haha. </3

9. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    I'd change it to Dust. Seriously, I would. I never liked my real name too much, especially the full version. Always shorten it. But the main thing is it's just so common, it's one of those names where you enroll in a class or something and there are always at least two. Hell I was recently in this eight week group program thing and there was maybe nine people who consistently showed up, and even within that small number someone else had the same name.

Middle name I am okay with but not attached either, but I would never change my surname unless it was some kind of witness protection thing or something along those lines, because my surname carries the history of my family and I like how it sounds. Sometimes it gets weird and requires explaining because it's pronounced differently than it's spelled (thanks Acadian people) which leads to people reading it saying it wrong, and people hearing it and writing it spelling it wrong, but I don't mind that much really, it's kind of like a running joke my family on that side insincerely complains about, and it kind of gives it a unique flavour..I guess..in a consistently gets fucked up kind of way.

10. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    I would name myself Naruto!!! My full name would be Naruto X. Sasuke~

I don't know if I would change my first and middle name. I was named after my father, so there's a connection and pride in it, but at the same time, I really don't like the sound of it. Casey Sebastian. I sound like a tool... Luckily, I never tell anyone my middle na... Crap!

What I would change it to? Probably Akio (Hint hint). Something weebish. I would want something that just says, I'm a nice guy~

11. luxuryluxray

luxuryluxray make a wish!

Grass
    (Tangela)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,543.0
    Ice Stone ★★★★Water Stone ★★★Charizardite X ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Comet Shard ★★★★
    I don't mind my first name too much (Jacqueline), but it can get annoying because it's so long and I don't really have a nickname. I want people to call me Jackie for this reason but it feels so weird cause I'm not used to it. My mum was gonna call me Kaylene, so if I had to change my name I think I'd change it to that.

12. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I'd change it to Dave because it's really plain and uninteresting. In a good way!

13. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I'd change my name to Perceval-Ramteen-Gregory-Nikolai-Jackso-Leonardo-Gabriel-Socrates-Meanviktor-Nostradamus-Alistair-Podisha-Vladimir-Steepler-Rasputin-Boromir-Wallawalla-Shidiga-Alexander-Oliver-Appleard-Arnesto-Zippy-Zappy-Angel-Eyes.

(nah, I happen like my name. I wouldn't change it)

14. Owly

Owly Friend of the Eco, Foe of the System

Torako
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,981.7
    I'd want to change my name to something fandom-related, most likely. I've always loved the name Luna (conveniently, there's Luna Lovegood). I'd probably end up reading through scripts of Doctor Who episodes, though, looking for a name I like.
    I'm also a bit attached to the name Joan, which I intend to be a pen name, so I wouldn't want it to be my real name.
    My middle names and last name I'm pretty happy with though.

15. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I already have.
    I can safely say that it was the most liberating moment I've had in my entire life, and after years of having my name spelt continually wrong, I am finally at ease with how people see me. A name you give yourself will be much more appealing and familiar to you than a name given to you by someone else, I feel.

...this is probably yet another reason why I'll never have children. It would be like applying a double standard.

16. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    Hm... I never really thought about it since I can't imagine myself with any other name (I'm Ninna, one letter more than your typical Nina) but if I could I'd want a unisex name. At one point, I wanted to be called Wayne but those days are over. Since I've worked through some identity issues.

Wait... My fullname is super unnecessarily long so I'd shorten it from 8 names to just 3. ​

17. Pokémist

Pokémist Trashcan

smol heart
    (Luvdisc)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,860.3
    Tapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Trainer Card - Cave Theme
    Well, my first name is Ananya which people say cute but I dont really like it. I would better change it to Aisha or Annie something. just not Ananya XD

18. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    i would probably change my name to Martha. I think it was my great grandmother's name or something, but it kind of suits me.

19. DeathxVictory

DeathxVictory 空̛̜̝͎̪̥̣ͪ͢虚̩̩͕̫̜̠̲ͫͤ

PokéPoints:
    ₽76.8
    GS Ball ★★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Premier Ball ★
    So there are a couple of names i wish i could change my name too and try to not hurt my fathers feelings....​
    I wish i could live by the name of Kon.... but Kohaku also would have kept my name and not harm my dads feeling too much​

20. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    How 'bout I officially change my name to Gira? No, really. Well...it's weird, perhaps I'll get it as my middle name.
    I'd like to have my name as Gryphon. Sentimental reasons.
    #MissingNo