1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

A New Journey In Kalos!

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by Matt_TheD3rp, Feb 13, 2017.

1. Matt_TheD3rp

Matt_TheD3rp Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽17.7
    Ch. 1, A Dream Come True!

The springtime has just arrived in the bustling Lumiose City, the central city of the Kalos region. With spring finally here, brings new hopes and dreams, including one boy named Alex, who's biggest hope is to have a Pokémon of his own!
    On one bright sunny day in the Kalos region, in Lumiose city. We stumble upon a young fourteen year old boy named Alex, who was sleeping peacefully in his bedroom. Even though he was fourteen he never had the chance to become a Pokémon trainer. His mother was always worried and didn't want him to be outside for too long. He was usually inside the house all day, playing his Wii U. He didn't really know much about Pokémon. Sure... He's seen Pokémon before, but he's always dreamed about becoming a Pokémon Trainer.
    That's when he started thinking more about his dream. Maybe it would come true one day?

"Probably not... Get ahold of yourself Alex, it's never going to happen... Not in a billion years." He thought.

Then he sighed, he tried convincing his mother about it before in the past, but it didn't end very well.

"What if I try it again? Maybe if I beg or something... I'm sick and tired of being inside all the time! That's it! I'm going to ask her right now." Alex thought to himself.

He got out of bed and went downstairs. When he got down, he spotted his Mother who was already making breakfast.
    "Morning Alex!" His mother greeted happily.

"Morning mom! Hey I was wondering if we could talk about something... Important?" Alex asked.

"Um... Sure honey, anything." His mother replied back.

"I've been thinking lately, and it's been a couple of weeks since I've asked you this question." Alex started.

His mother looked at him and wondered what he was gonna ask her.

"I wanna be a Pokémon Trainer, but you refuse to let me go! Why?" Alex finished.

She sighed and spoke softly to him saying,

"I know you wanna be a Trainer, but I just don't want you to go. I'm scared that something will happen to you out there!"

"Ugh! You always come up with a random excuse!" Alex yelled.

"I know... But you don't know what it's like out there. There's a lot of dangerous places in the Kalos region. If something were to happen to you, I would never be able to forgive myself. There's mean people and Pokémon out there too you know!" His mother explained.

Alex didn't understand her, he was filled with rage.

"Again with the excuses! Kalos doesn't seem like a dangerous region! And besides... I'll have Pokémon, so how could I possibly get hurt?" Alex questioned her.

His mother didn't reply, instead she went back to cooking. She always did that to him. He would bring up the same topic over and over again, but she would ignore it and try to talk about something else. Alex was angry at her though, he was annoyed and upset. He didn't speak to her for the rest of the day. He even skipped Dinner! He locked the door in his room so he wouldn't be disturbed from his mom. Then he kicked his bed as hard as he could, and threw all kinds of stuff around the place. He decided to calm down and play his Wii U for the rest of the day. His mother tried to get him out of his room but he refused to come out.

Hours passed...

It was dark out, and Alex was laying in his bed. He looked outside of the window and then thought to himself,

"Why can't I become a Trainer?"

He sighed, then a tear escaped from his eye. He didn't get that much sleep because he was too busy thinking about his dream. That's when he heard loud shouting coming from outside his bedroom window. He was curious to see what was going on outside, so he opened the window and looked outside. He saw someone standing by a pole. He examined the person for a minute and he noticed a small Pokémon next to him. He heard the person shouting some more saying,

"I can't believe I picked you to be my starter! You couldn't even beat Clemont or Viola! You're way too weak to even be considered a Pokémon! I don't need you anymore. Have fun finding another Trainer who would want you on their team!"

Alex took a closer look at the small Pokémon next to the Trainer. It was very small and he couldn't tell what it was because it was so dark outside. What made him furious was the fact that the Trainer left the Pokémon alone in the dark.

"That's not right! That jerk!" Alex thought.

He changed into his clothes really quick and jumped out of the window. He landed perfectly on the ground without injuring himself, and immediately ran straight to the little Pokémon. The Pokémon noticed Alex and took a step back towards a streetlight.

"Hey... It's okay, come here little fella." Alex whispered quietly to the small little creature.

He heard the Pokémon sniffle a bit.

"You alright? I saw what happened and just wanted to come outside and see if you were okay." Alex explained.

"Fen?" The Pokémon replied back.

Alex extended his hand towards it. He wanted to see what it was, but it was still too dark out. The Pokémon walked towards his hand slowly and touched it's head against it. It rubbed it gently, Alex felt happy all of a sudden. He rubbed the Pokémon's head, and was trying to make sure he was making it feel loved. He picked it up slowly so he wouldn't startle it, and the Pokémon didn't! He carried it towards a light and it revealed a dirty Fennekin.

"Oh, so you're a Fennekin Huh?" Alex whispered.

Fennekin nodded it's head happily.

"Why would that trainer ditch you like that? You're one of the three starters a Trainer gets to pick, and you're all dirty too." Alex told it.

He looked around and tried to find out where the Trainer ran off to, but he couldn't. The streets were empty, there was no sound at all, everything was silent. That's when the little Fennekin climbed up on Alex's arm and jumped on top of his head. Alex laughed and walked back home.

"I think we should get you cleaned up." Alex exclaimed.

He felt Fennekin shiver and he too felt cold from the chilly wind that traveled through the streets. When he got back to his house, he jumped through the window and closed it again. He quietly made his way through the house without making a sound. He located the Bathroom and closed the door behind him when he got in.

"Alright... Well you can stay with me if that's okay with you, but I should clean you up first.

"Fennekin..." Fennekin sighed slightly.

He turned the Bathtub's Faucet on and warm water began to fill it.

A couple of minutes later...

He turned the water off when it reached a certain height that was good enough for Fennekin to be in. He scooped Fennekin up and gently placed it into the Bathtub. He also filled a cup with water so he could re-use it and wash Fennekin. He continuously poured the water over Fennekin's head and body. Then he grabbed a soft wash cloth and cleaned Fennekin gently. When he finished getting all the dirt off, he took Fennekin out and softly dried it using a Towel.

"All done, now you're nice and clean!" Alex grinned.

Fennekin shook it's head and it pointed it's paw towards a brush on the Sink. Then it pointed back to it's Tail. Alex understood what Fennekin was trying to tell him, so he took the brush and gently brushed the fur down. When he finished, Fennekin had a bright smile on its face.

"Fenne!" Fennekin shouted.

"Shh... I know you're happy but try not to be so loud." Alex whispered.

He turned the lights off and picked up Fennekin. He carried it all the way back to his room and said,

"Wow, what a night... But I'm tired, you wanna sleep with me tonight Fennekin?" Alex asked.

Fennekin nodded it's head and followed Alex into his bed. Alex got under the covers of his bed and laid down. Fennekin laid down next to him and instantly fell asleep. That's when Alex began to think to himself,

"This one isn't so bad, but still... That Trainer was pretty mean back there to you. I don't know your evolutions, but I'd be glad to have you as my first Pokémon."

Fennekin started to snore, and Alex found it cute.

"Well, goodnight Fennekin." Alex whispered quietly.

He fell asleep and they both slept until the morning came.

One morning later...

Fennekin woke up slowly and yawned quietly. It looked over to Alex who was still sleeping peacefully. Fennekin looked all around the room for an exit, that's when it spotted the window. It quietly opened it a bit so it could fit through easily. Then, Fennekin looked back at Alex.

"Fenne... Fennekin..." Fennekin sighed.

Fennekin jumped through the window and looked around it's surroundings. There were so many people around all over the place. The streets were crowded with people, taxis and cars drove by everywhere, the whole city was practically loud all the time at day, and quiet at night. Fennekin rolled it's eyes and groaned. It was trying to make its way back to Professor Sycamore's lab, where it was born. Fennekin looked around and instantly spotted Sycamore talking to a young Trainer. The young Trainer was wearing a bright sunset orange shirt, black colored jeans, and orange colored gym shoes.

Fennekin quickly ran towards him and shouted out,

"FENNEKIN!"

Sycamore noticed it, and had a smile on his face.

"Fennekin? Is that really you?" Sycamore asked in disbelief.

"Fennekin!" Fennekin answered.

Sycamore made his way towards it and picked Fennekin up.

"Aren't you suppose to be with your Trainer?" Sycamore questioned it.

Fennekin shook it's head so that he could understand, then it tried to explain what happened to it.

It looked back over to the house that Alex was in, and pointed it's paw towards the door. Sycamore instantly understood what Fennekin was trying to tell him.

"So... You want me to knock on that door?" Sycamore asked, just to be sure.

Fennekin nodded and Sycamore grinned at it. Sycamore turned back to face the Trainer who he was talking to and told him,

"Sorry Sam, we'll talk next time alright? But congratulations on getting your first gym badge!"

"Thanks Professor! I'm gonna try to explore Lumiose City for a while! See you later!" Sam waved goodbye while running away excitedly.

Both Sycamore, and Fennekin went towards the house and Sycamore knocked on the door.

Back to Alex...

Alex was still sleeping, his mother was downstairs cooking breakfast for him, but little did he know was that his dreams of becoming a Trainer were about to come true! Alex woke up slowly, he thought that he was dreaming from yesterday about finding Fennekin like that. Cold, abandoned, and forgotten from a very mean Trainer.

"I knew it was a dream..." Alex muttered.

He looked over to his right and didn't see a Fennekin next to him.

"Yep, it was a dream." Alex sighed.

He went to the bathroom, brushed his teeth, changed into his normal clothes. He always wore a bright blue shirt, dark navy blue shorts, and black gym shoes. When he finished changing, he went downstairs to greet his mother.

"Hey mom, sorry about yesterday." Alex apologized.

"It's alright Alex, but someone wants to talk to you in the living room."

"Who wants to see me?" Alex questioned her.

"You'll find out soon." His mother answered back.

When Alex came into the Living Room, he was both shocked and surprised to see Professor Sycamore sitting on the couch along with Fennekin.

"Fennekin?" Alex said.

"Kin!" Fennekin greeted Alex.

"And Professor Sycamore?" Alex shouted in surprise.

"The one and only heh heh." Sycamore chuckled.

"What are you doing here?" Alex wondered.

"I found Fennekin alone in front of your house, so I was just gonna ask you... Why was Fennekin alone?" Sycamore asked.

Then Alex explained the whole story to him,

"I woke up late last night and I heard yelling coming from outside my window. I took a look and I heard a Trainer say that Fennekin was useless to him, so I went outside and took care of Fennekin for a bit. I didn't feed it, but I did wash it and clean it up."

"She, you mean... And that explains everything now." Sycamore corrected him.

"Yeah, she was alone and I felt bad for her, so I let her sleep with me last night." Alex continued.

"Well, you did good! And you're a Trainer right?" Sycamore exclaimed.

"No, my mom said no because she worries about me becoming one." Alex sighed.

Sycamore got up and went straight to his mother. Alex didn't want to eavesdrop on the conversation they were having, but it went for a long while. Then, Alex decided to lay down on a couch and closed his eyes. He felt something on top of him and he opened his eyes. Fennekin was laying down on his stomach. He gently petted Fennekin's head and her tail. An idea popped up in his head, and he grinned evilly. He flipped Fennekin over so that she was on her backside. Then he gently rubbed her small belly.

"Nekin..." Fennekin giggled.

She always loved getting affection from Trainers. Her last Trainer never did that to her. Alex decided to mess around with her, so he started tickling her belly instead. Fennekin tried to hold it in though. Then Alex kept on doing it until Fennekin would eventually laugh. Fennekin couldn't hold it in though, she eventually started giggling and laughing like a maniac. Alex loved seeing her smile. Something about it made him happy for some reason. He stopped and Fennekin rolled over and looked up at him smiling wide. Next, he tickled her nose and that made her sneeze. Little embers of fire came out of Fennekin's ears, and she blushed in embarrassment. When she stopped blushing, she and Alex laughed some more and played together. They played Tag, Hide and Seek, etc.

"Looks like you two are having fun." Sycamore watched the two beings playing Tag.

"*pant* *pant* Yeah... She's hyper." Alex tried to catch his breathe.

"I convinced your mother to allow you to become a Pokémon Trainer." Sycamore chuckled to himself.

"YOU DID? You're joking right?" Alex gasped.

Alex's heart was ready to explode in excitement. Was he dreaming? Or was this actually real?

"Quite the opposite, your mom is very hard to convince but I managed to do it." Sycamore laughed.

Alex couldn't contain his excitement, he shouted out,

"ALRIGHT! I FINALLY GET TO BE A TRAINER!"

"Here... Come with me really quick to my lab so you can get started." Sycamore chuckled.

They left his house and went outside. Alex couldn't wait to start his journey. He thought about all the gyms he'd want to win at, meeting people, making friends, bonding with Pokémon, and becoming champion of Kalos. But it's a long road to become the champion.

A few moments later...

They eventually made it to his lab. Sycamore went upstairs and told Alex to wait for him until he got back. Alex looked around the place, it looked really nice on the inside compared from the outside. The carpets were clean, there were pictures of Pokémon everywhere, and some artifacts as well, it looked like a Museum! After a couple of minutes later, Alex noticed that Fennekin wasn't with him so he looked around and noticed a Froakie, a Chespin, and a Fennekin walk towards him from a long dark hallway next to him. Chespin and Froakie looked happy, but Fennekin had a serious face. Sycamore came down with some stuff in his hand and walked up to Alex holding them out to him.

"Here you go, this is all you need to become a Pokémon Trainer." Sycamore said.

Alex took all of the things Sycamore provided and asked him,

"What do they do?"

"Well... I gave you a Pokédex so you can show me all the kinds of Pokémon you see on your journey, Pokéballs so you can catch Pokémon, and a bag to carry extra stuff!" Sycamore explained.

"Gee, thanks a lot Professor!" Alex thanked him.

He wore the bag and put the Pokéballs in it.

"No problem, I can't wait to see what Pokémon you'll meet. Now comes the hardest part of every Trainer's journey... Picking your starter." Sycamore continued.

Alex looked at all three of them and thought for a long while. He pulled out his Pokédex and scanned Chespin first.

"Chespin, the Grass type Pokémon. Chespin has a tough shell covering its head and back. Despite having a curious nature that tends to get it in trouble, Chespin keeps an optimistic outlook and doesn't worry about small details."

"Chespin Ches!" Chespin stood proud in a stance so that he could make himself look better than the other two.

Alex moved on to Froakie next,

"Froakie, the Water type Pokémon. Froakie is both light and strong, making it capable of jumping incredibly high. The bubbles on its chest and back protect it from attacks. Froakie may appear absentminded, but in truth it pays close attention to its surroundings at all times."
    "Froakie Froak!" Froakie smirked at Alex.

Last but not least, Fennekin.

"Fennekin, the Fire type Pokémon. Fennekin can be temperamental, but it tries to do its best for its Trainer. Searing heat blows from its ears. This Pokémon loves to snack on twigs."

Alex noticed Fennekin chewing on a twig in her mouth.

"Interesting..." Alex thought.

"So, have you've decided who's gonna be your partner?" Sycamore asked.

Alex looked at all three Pokémon, but had a hard time trying to choose one. He liked all three of them, but suddenly he remembered Fennekin. Fennekin looked up at him directly into his eyes, she had a serious face and was silent. Chespin showed Alex the spikes on his head, while Froakie showed Alex the bubbles on his body.

Alex thought about it for a long while,

"How am I gonna choose? I can only pick one, and I kinda want all three of them."

Alex looked back over at Fennekin who had a sad expression on her face. She pointed towards him and then back to herself. Alex understood what Fennekin was trying to say to him. She wanted to go with him on his journey badly.

"Alright... I choose Fennekin!" Alex answered.

Alex kneeled down and greeted Fennekin saying,

"Hello again Fennekin!"

Fennekin instantly had a huge smile on her face, she was happy! Alex couldn't help but smile at her face, he picked her up and held her close to him.

"Okay Alex, I think you can handle it from here. Your journey begins, oh and also! Be sure to tell your mother before you go anywhere." Sycamore exclaimed.

"Right, I'll see you later Professor!" Alex shouted while running out the door.

Sycamore waved him goodbye and Alex ran outside of the lab. He inhaled and exhaled the fresh new spring air. He felt like crying because of how long he's been waiting for this day.

"Fenne! Fennekin!" Fennekin looked up at her new Trainer and smiled at him.

"Yep that's right girl, we're gonna take on every gym!" Alex cheered.

He immediately ran straight for his house, passing lots of people on the sidewalk. They thought he was running because of an emergency.
    One moment later... Alex finally made it to his house. He opened the door and shouted out,

"Mom I'm back! And I have something to tell you!"

His mother was laying on the couch in the living room and got up to greet him saying,

"Hi Alex, what did you need?"

"Mom, I'm gonna become a Pokémon Trainer officially. I came back so I could tell you. Are you okay with it? I'll be safe I promise." Alex told her.

His mother sighed, after a short silence she spoke to him saying,

"It's alright, go for your dream right? I won't stop you this time. You better not come home missing anything from your body!"
    Fennekin rolled her eyes. Alex crossed his heart and said,

"You have my word, I'm not gonna get hurt trust me. I got Fennekin on my side now."

"Awwh! She's a real cutie up close." His mother complimented Fennekin.

She rubbed her head and then tickled her nose. Fennekin sniffed and then sneezed out loud. Tiny fires came from her ears. She blushed, and Alex's mother found her even more adorable than before.

"Yeah, I'm all set to go. I'll be sure to visit every once in a while." Alex reminded her.

He hugged his mom tightly before letting go, and made his way back towards the front door. His mother stopped him and said,

"Here, I think you'll need this."

She held out a box at him, and Alex took it from her. He examined it for a while and didn't know what it was, so he asked her,

"What is this?"

"It's a map of Kalos, I figured you might need it if you're going to challenge all the gyms in the region." His mother answered back.

He put it into his bag and hugged her once more. This time the hug lasted longer than before. He let go of her and made his way outside. His mother waved goodbye to him and he did the same back to her. He closed the door before saying,

"Love you!"

He turned around and looked up towards the clear blue sky. He pulled out his map and took a closer look at it. He showed Fennekin the map and told her,

"Looks like our first gym is located at Santalune city! Let's go!"

He set Fennekin down on the ground next to him, and started following his map to Santalune city. Fennekin turned pale the minute she heard that city name. She remembered her previous Trainer before Alex. She started to shake a bit while walking with Alex.

End of Chapter One! Chapter Two will be here soon!

kindred likes this.
  2. Matt_TheD3rp

Matt_TheD3rp Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽17.7
    Ch. 2, A New Friend!

I DO NOT OWN POKÉMON OR ANY OF IT'S CHARACTERS!

Enjoy the Chapter!

Alex was walking down the sidewalk along with Fennekin. He was making his way towards Santalune city so he could get his first Gym Badge. Fennekin was still shaking and she tried her best to hide it from Alex. Alex looked down at his new partner and noticed Fennekin shaking. He stopped walking and bent down to pick her up. She refused to look at him and closed her eyes.

"Hey, Fennekin? You alright?" Alex asked.

Fennekin didn't nod or shake her head. She continued to look away. Alex began to worry now.

"What's wrong? I know something's wrong. I'm pretty sure I just saw you shaking a bit." Alex asked again.

Fennekin looked back at him and shook her head. She stopped shaking and tried to calm down.

"Are you sure? I can-" Alex was cutoff by Fennekin.

She put her paw on his mouth and then pointed to the map in his hand. Alex looked back at the map, then he looked up ahead. There was a sign that read,

"Route 4 ahead."

"Alright Fennekin, I'm just making sure okay? I don't want you to feel upset or anything... I care about you." Alex told her.

He gave her a kiss on her cheek and thought that that would make her feel comfortable with him. Fennekin's eyes widened in surprise and she looked back at her Trainer. She blushed really hard and then had a smile on her face.

"Heh... She must really love my affection towards her. At least she's smiling and that's much more important." Alex thought.

He kept on walking until he reached the sign. He had no idea where he was going... He couldn't read maps very well, and he always got lost when he traveled around Lumios city. Everything in the city looked the same, every building was alike, there's people everywhere, cars everywhere, and there were even kids playing with each other everywhere. He looked back at his map and then looked back at the sign. It had an arrow pointing to his right and it read,

"Santalune City past Route 4."

Alex put away his map back into his bag and looked over to his right. There was a gate with a huge number "4" above it.

"That must be Route 4! You ready to go outside and leave Lumiose city girl?" Alex asked his partner.

"Fennekin!" Fennekin responded back cheerfully.

"Alright let's go!" Alex exclaimed.

He walked towards the huge gate and went inside. There wasn't much inside the gate though. There were only a couple people inside. It was like a lobby basically... There was a lady behind a desk, chairs to sit in, as well as a couple of tables, and on the other side of the room, there was an exit. Alex's heart started pounding again. He was really excited to finally get to experience what it was like outside of the city. He walked to the other side of the city gate and then exited the room. He made it out, and he sure was surprised with the view. He could see Santalune city from far away. There was a large pathway down the road in his way, flowers were blooming everywhere around him, and there were even small garden mazes too. He saw some people ahead, they must've been Trainers looking for a fight.

"Fennekin, I think we might have our first battle soon together, so I just wanna check your moves." Alex whispered to Fennekin.
    He pulled out his Pokédex and scanned Fennekin with it.

He examined her moves and then nodded his head saying,

"Oh alright, looks like you only know three moves right now. Ember, Scratch, and Tail Whip."

Fennekin nodded her head, shaking her tail in the process. He began walking down the pathway, but before he could even look around and try to get a better view of Santalune city, he was interrupted by a shout behind him.

"Wait!"

He turned around and saw a kid running up to him. He was wearing a dark red sweater, dark blackish red shorts, and bright cherry red shoes. The kid looked tired, he must've ran to catch up to Alex. He looked like he was thirteen years old.

"Um? What's up?" Alex asked.

"I wanted to... *pant* Sorry I ran to catch up to you. I saw you on the street and wanted to battle you." The kid answered.

"Okay, let's battle then!" Alex shouted happily.

Alex was pumped up now, he was feeling pretty confident that he was going to win his first battle.

"Ready Fennekin?" Alex whispered to his partner.

"Kin!" Fennekin nodded her head.

Fennekin jumped from Alex's arms and stood in a battle stance in front of him looking ready to go.

"Only one Pokémon each, I got two but I'll only use one. If your Pokémon is unable to battle then you lose, alright?" The kid announced.
    Alex nodded his head in agreement. Fennekin looked directly into Alex's eyes giving him the signal that she trusted him. Alex understood and then nodded back to her.

"What's your name anyway?" Alex wondered.

"It's James... Now come on out buddy! It's time to shine!" James shouted.

He threw a Pokéball into the air and a beam of light came out of it. The light formed into a Treecko.

"Huh? What's that Pokémon?" Alex thought to himself.

He pulled out his Pokédex and aimed it at Jame's Treecko.

"Treecko, the Grass type Pokémon. Treecko has small hooks on the bottom of its feet that enable it to scale vertical walls. This Pokémon attacks by slamming foes with its thick tail."

"Hm... Interesting." Alex muttered.

He bent down and whispered into Fennekin's ear saying,

"Alright girl, we're gonna take this battle nice and slow, we have the advantage! When he attacks with his tail, I have an idea."
    "Fenne!"

Fennekin nodded.

"You ready yet?" James called out.

"Yeah!" Alex yelled back.

"Okay! Battle begin!" James announced.

James Vs. Alex!

"Treecko! Use Leer!" James commanded.

Treecko's finger lit up a bright white light and he pointed it towards Fennekin.

Alex waited for something to happen, but nothing ever came.

"What was the point of that move?" Alex asked.

"It lowered Fennekin's defense... Treecko lets go! Use Pound!" James replied.

Treecko suddenly jumped up really high up and flew towards Fennekin. He did a summersault in mid air and came at Fennekin with great speed. As soon as Treecko was about to hit Fennekin with his tail, Alex shouted out,

"Fennekin dodge it and use Ember!"

Fennekin immediately jumped to the side the moment Treecko landed on the ground with his tail. The shockwave from colliding with the ground really hard made Treecko freeze.

"Fenne... KIN!" Fennekin yelled out loud.

She spat out a small fireball towards Treecko and it hit him directly on his body. Treecko flew away from the impact and landed into a concrete wall.

"Treecko no!" James cried out.

He ran towards Treecko and looked at him. Treecko had fainted easily from that attack and the collision with the wall.
    James sighed and then picked up his Treecko carefully from the ground.

Alex wins!

"We did it! We won our first battle Fennekin!" Alex cheered.

He celebrated by giving Fennekin a high five, Fennekin jumped up high and smacked his hand with her paw. Alex caught her and then looked directly into her sunset orange colored eyes.

"Fennekin!" Fennekin celebrated.

He turned around and made his way towards James.

"Is your Treecko going to be alright?" Alex asked James just to make sure.

"Yeah he'll be fine, just need to heal him at a Pokémon Center. Do you know where one is around here?" James replied.

"I'm on my way to Santalune city, I'm pretty sure there's a Pokémon Center located there. Do you wanna accompany me on my way there?" Alex offered.

"Sure, I might as well right? That was a good battle though! I didn't know that Treecko would get stunned like that." James said.

"Yeah, it was a quick one. I might take on the Santalune Gym Leader so I can get my first badge." Alex exclaimed.

The moment when he said the word "Gym", Fennekin started shaking a bit again in fear. She tried to calm herself down but James already caught on to her. He ignored it and focused his mind onto something else.

"So um... You wanna start heading out? The city is just up ahead." James pointed behind Alex.

"Yeah let's go." Alex agreed.

Both of them started walking down Route 4 again. The city was just in sight as they traveled further and further down the path.

"So how old are you anyways?" Alex questioned him.

"I'm thirteen, what about you?" James asked back.

"I'm fourteen." Alex replied.

"What about Fennekin? When did you start your journey?" James wondered.

"Just started it today, I found Fennekin last night abandoned by another Trainer. I took her in and washed her up, as well as letting her sleep with me. What about you?" Alex answered.

"I started last week, I just moved here from Hoenn today. I picked Treecko from Hoenn and my other Pokémon was given to me by my uncle." James explained.

"That sounds pretty cool! Moving from a different region and all can be tough, but you make new friends you know?" Alex exclaimed.

"Heh... Yeah I know, you're my first friend in this region." James laughed.

Both of them laughed with each other, enjoying the company that they had. Fennekin and Treecko were shy though, they didn't speak to each other or look at one another. That's when Alex didn't see where he was going, and tripped over a Rock underneath him. Him falling resulted in Fennekin flying out of his arms and landing into a fountain... Alex got up quickly and looked around for Fennekin. He heard a splash of water behind him and turned around. He saw Fennekin underwater trying to swim up. He helped her out by lifting her up out of the fountain and setting her down on the ground next to him. She was soaking wet, and she even gave a killer look at Alex.

"Oh boy... She doesn't like that." Alex muttered to himself nervously.

"Fennekin!" Fennekin jumped towards Alex and hit him lightly across his face with her paw.

"Ow! I know you don't like water... But I'm sorry, I'll make it up to you Fennekin!" Alex told her.

He looked around and spotted a bush. He quickly ran to it, pulled a small twig off of a branch and gave it to Fennekin.
    "Here!" Alex put it into her mouth.

Fennekin happily chewed on the small twig. She forgave him and smiled at him, wagging her tail back and forth.

"Great... You're soaking wet now." Alex sighed.

James laughed at what he just witnessed in front of him.

"Don't worry, I'm sure if we get to the Pokémon Center they'll dry her up." James said.

"Alright fine... Come on Fennekin, let's go to Santalune city so we can challenge the gym leader!" Alex cheered.

Fennekin's face went from happy to no emotion instantly. She jumped back into the fountain and swam around in it.

"Fennekin come on, we gotta go!" Alex exclaimed.

Fennekin opened her mouth and water went into it. She spat it back out and she aimed it towards Alex, but he already moved out of the way before the water hit him.

"Fennekin please..." Alex pleaded her to come out and listen to him.

Fennekin sighed and then got out of the fountain. She walked up next to Alex and followed him when he started walking with James.
    James examined Fennekin for a while and began to notice something. He ignored it and continued on walking. A couple of minutes later...
    Both Alex and James spotted the city entrance. Alex ran straight into the city and James followed after him.

"We made it! Santalune city!" Alex cheered.

"Yeah! Before you challenge the gym, let's get some rest first." James pointed towards the sky.

It was already sunset, the gym was probably closed by now. Alex never noticed that time flew by so quick.

"But I wanna challenge the gym right away and get my badge!" Alex complained.

"Calm down, you can challenge it tomorrow morning you know. It's not the end of the world... Besides I gotta heal Treecko first. The Pokémon Center is just up ahead. We can also sleep there too!" James explained.

"Ugh! Alright fine, we'll sleep there for the night. Wait! Can we even sleep there?" Alex asked.

"I just said we could... They have private rooms that you can rent." James continued speaking.

"Oh okay, well let's get there right away so we can an early sleep! I need all my energy so I can get my first gym badge!" Alex shouted.

Fennekin rolled her eyes in annoyance. She gave her trainer a killer look. James once again noticed this.

"Why does she do that? Does Fennekin dislike her trainer or something?" James wondered.

Both Alex and James started walking into the city. The place wasn't as big as Lumiose city was. It was quite small and there were only a couple buildings. Alex eventually spotted the Pokémon Center and ran to it. James followed him and kept up with his speed.
    When they arrived at the sliding doors, they went inside the building and looked around the place.

"Hello and welcome to the Pokémon Center! Would you like me to heal your Pokémon?" Nurse Joy smiled at the two boys.
    Both of them smiled back and said,

"Yes please!"

They walked up to the desk, James gave Nurse Joy Treecko and a Pokéball, and Alex gave her his Fennekin.

"Okay, I'll heal them right away!" Nurse Joy gladly took them, and carried them to a room behind her.

"Alright all done! Your Pokémon have been fully healed." Nurse Joy announced happily.

She gave the two Trainers back their Pokémon.

"Hey, do you think we can stay here for the night?" Alex asked politely.

"Sure, here's a key to your room. Make sure to lock the door so nobody steals any of your belongings." Nurse Joy explained.

Alex took the key from her and thanked her. Both Alex and James walked down the long hallway and looked around for their room. They eventually found the room and went inside. They turned on the lights and it looked really nice. It was like living in a 5-Star Hotel. There were two beds that were king sized, they had a nice looking bathroom, and a nice window view of the city. They took off their shoes and put their bags down by the door. Alex locked the door with the room key so that nobody would disturb them.

"Nice! This room looks really comfortable to be in! I can't wait to sleep in that bed tonight!" James exclaimed.

He jumped onto the bed and laid on it. It was really comfortable and he told Alex,

"Alex you need to sleep in your bed, it's... So comfortable! Isn't it Treecko?"

"Treecko!" Treecko agreed, he was on the bed too.

"Yeah give me a minute, I gotta brush Fennekin first. She loves it when I do that to her." Alex replied.

"Fen!" Fennekin happily shouted.

He picked up Fennekin and carried her to the bathroom. The bathroom looked really nice as well like a fancy one.
    He looked in the bathroom drawers for a brush and eventually found one. He sat Fennekin down on his lap while he gently brushed her fur. She was dry already so he didn't have to dry her up.

"Fennekin, I can't wait to challenge the gym tomorrow. Are you ready for it?" Alex asked his partner.

Fennekin didn't reply, she looked away from him.

"Fennekin? You alright?" Alex questioned her.

Fennekin groaned and jumped from Alex's lap. She walked out of the room and jumped onto Alex's bed laying there. James heard and saw what happened so he went to Alex and whispered into his ear saying,

"I've been studying Fennekin lately and she's acting kinda weird. Mostly when you say the word "Gym". You should talk to her about it."

"Are you sure? I haven't noticed..." Alex asked.

"Yes, go talk to her and make sure she's alright." James answered.

"Okay." Alex sighed.

He got up and made his way back into the room, he spotted Fennekin laying on the bed resting. He sat down on the bed next to her.

"Hey girl, you ready for tomorrow? We're gonna get our first gym badge together!" Alex asked her.

He rubbed her head and then tickled her nose. Fennekin ignored him and turned away.

"Fenne... Fennekin..." Fennekin sighed.

She had a sad look on her face, Alex noticed it and then asked her one more time,

"Are you alright?"

Fennekin shook her head meaning "No".

"What's wrong? Tell me... I wanna help you, you've been acting strange lately." Alex said.

Fennekin sighed again and then turned around to face her trainer. She jumped off of the bed and went to Alex's bag. She opened it and took a Pokéball out. She gave it to Alex and then put it into his hand. Then, she went back to the bag and took out the map. She opened it up and then looked for "Santalune City". She eventually found it on the map and pointed her paw at the "Pokémon Gym" icon. She pointed back towards the Pokéball, then Alex, and finally jumped onto a windowsill. Alex tried to follow along and kinda had a good guess of what Fennekin was trying to tell him. He walked over to the windowsill Fennekin was on and saw her pointing outside at an empty road.

"I think I understand it now..." Alex whispered into Fennekin's ear.

She turned around and looked at him straight in the eye.

"You don't want me to get angry at you if we lose tomorrow, and you're worried that I'll abandon you like your previous Trainer did?" Alex asked softly.

Fennekin nodded her head, she sniffled slightly and started to cry a bit. She looked down and cried even more just by thinking about it.
    Alex smiled and lifted her head up by her chin. He looked at her straight in the eye, but she closed them and tried to hide her tears from him. She couldn't do it and then heard Alex's soft voice again,

"Listen, I'll make a promise to you right now. Even if we lose tomorrow, I won't be upset at you. I won't ever give you away or abandon you. I'm your trainer and your bestest friend, and I always will be."

He wiped her tears away and then gave her a warm hug. Fennekin gasped and her eyes widened from the embrace of the hug. She was surprised... Her old trainer never gave her affection or cheered her up when she felt sad. Alex was different though and she saw a new side of him. She stopped crying and then happily returned the hug.

"So do you wanna challenge the gym tomorrow?" Alex exclaimed.

"Kin!" Fennekin replied back.

Alex turned around and looked back at James who gave him a thumbs up.

"You didn't let me finish brushing you. How about we finish it?" Alex reminded Fennekin.

She nodded her head happily and ran to the bathroom. Alex followed while James came back out in his pajamas.

"I'm gonna get to bed already so I can wake up early in the morning. You should do the same! We'll practice tomorrow morning and then take it from there." James offered.

"Yeah sure, I'm gonna do the same. It might take a while with Fennekin so I guess I'll see you in the morning. Night!" Alex agreed.

"Night, see you in the morning." James said back.

James went off to bed while Alex was grooming Fennekin. It took Alex a while since Fennekin wanted to be super clean... When Alex finished he was exhausted from all the brushing he had to do. Fennekin was a bit greedy when it came to stuff like that. She thanked him by giving him a short hug and then ran off to his bed. She jumped onto it and got under the covers. Alex took a quick shower and changed into his pajamas as well. When he got out of the bathroom, he spotted Fennekin sleeping peacefully at the center of his bed.

"She must've thought that bed was only for her..." Alex sighed.

He gently pushed her aside so he could get underneath the bed sheets and share the same pillow with her without waking her up. He managed to do it quietly without making a sound and looked at Fennekin again. He smiled at how cute she looked when she was asleep. She wrapped her tail around herself and rested her head on it like if it was a pillow.

"Goodnight Fennekin. I hope we both beat the Gym Leader tomorrow!" Alex whispered quietly.

He closed his eyes and began to fall asleep. He had a great day today with Fennekin. They made a new friend, and won their first battle together. He couldn't wait for tomorrow, and Fennekin couldn't wait either.

End of Ch. 2!

Chapter 3 will be here soon!

kindred likes this.
  3. Matt_TheD3rp

Matt_TheD3rp Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽17.7
    Ch. 3, Quest For The Bug Badge!

Enjoy the Chapter!

Alex, James, and Fennekin were all fast asleep. Today was the day where Alex is going to get his first badge. As the sun appeared in the horizon of Santalune City, it lit up the entire room from outside. Alex woke up shortly after the sunlight bothered him. He yawned and got out of his bed. He stretched his arms and back and went into the bathroom. He brushed his teeth, took a shower, changed into his clothes, and looked through the window in the room. He spotted the gym from far away and was really excited for today.

"Today's the day!" Alex thought.

He wanted to wake up his friend, but he decided not to be a jerk. Instead, he sat down and waited a while.

Thirty minutes later...

"Okay I had enough of this... GUYS YOU GOTTA WAKE UP!" Alex shouted at them.

"OKAY OKAY I'M UP!" James yelled.

He quickly jumped out of his bed and ran to the bathroom. Fennekin was startled and she looked around to see who yelled like that. She saw her Trainer laughing and that made her angry.

"Fenne! KIN!" Fennekin shouted.
    She shot a tiny fireball at Alex. It hit him in the directly in the arm and that startled him. He fell over and landed on the ground pretty hard.

"Ow..." Alex mumbled.

He landed on his back hard and rubbed it gently. Fennekin was giggling however...

"Heh... I guess I deserved that. James you ready yet?" Alex called.

"Almost!" James replied back.

After a couple of minutes, James came back out of the bathroom in his normal clothes and grabbed all his stuff. Alex did the same and carried Fennekin with him. They made sure that the room looked like the way it normally was suppose to look before leaving it.

"Alright! Ready to go?" Alex asked.

"I'm ready! I'm pretty sure Pokémon Centers have an arena behind them. That would be a perfect place for you to train." James exclaimed.

"Perfect! Let's go!" Alex shouted.

He ran down the hall and felt the excitement in him. James kept up with him and Alex ran out of the lobby making his way outside. Before James left, he gave Nurse Joy the room key back. He eventually went outside and saw Alex looking at the gym from across the city.

"Come on! Follow me Alex." James told him.

Alex nodded his head and walked together with James as they made their way behind the Center.

"Hey I've been waiting to ask you this, but does Fennekin have a Pokéball?" James wondered.

"She didn't come with one when I saw her out in the street with her old Trainer. I guess he must have her Pokéball or something." Alex answered back.

"You should put her in a Pokéball. There's some bad people out there called Pokémon Hunters. They hunt down or steal other people's Pokémon and sell them for money. If she has a Pokéball, then she can't be stolen or captured." James explained.

"You're right... I should do that." Alex agreed.

He took out a Pokéball out of his bag and showed it to Fennekin. Fennekin pushed it away and refused to touch the button on the middle.

"What's wrong girl?" Alex questioned his partner.

"Fen..." Fennekin replied.

She pointed her paw at the Pokéball and then looked around. She eventually spotted a cage and pointed at that next.

"I won't keep you in the Pokéball I promise. I'll let you stay out here, I just don't want you to be stolen from someone else." Alex said.

Fennekin trusted Alex and pushed the button in the center of the Pokéball. A white light instantly surrounded her and she went into the Pokéball. It moved back and fourth in Alex's hand. It stopped moving after a couple of seconds, and the Pokéball flashed a bright light.
    It symbolized that Fennekin was caught.

"Phew... Well, at least I don't have to worry about Hunters stealing her from me." Alex thought.

He brought Fennekin back out and put the Pokéball back into his bag.

"See old girl! Wasn't so bad right?" Alex told Fennekin.

"Fennekin!" Fennekin happily cheered.

She jumped onto Alex's arms and then onto his head.

"That's great! Now you own her!" James cheered.

Alex nodded in agreement, they both finally made it around the building and James was right. There really was an arena for battling.

"Alright let's do this James!" Alex clenched his fists.

He ran to one side of the arena, while James did the same.

"Just so you know Alex, I had a disadvantage yesterday against your Fennekin. This time I won't lose!" James shouted out.

"That doesn't concern me dude! Even if your other Pokémon is stronger than mine, then that won't stop us from trying! Right Fennekin?" Alex yelled.

"Kin!" Fennekin agreed with her Trainer.

She jumped off of Alex's head and landed on the ground. She was already in her battle stance and was ready to go!

"Okay then! I'll be the Referee. Come on out Squirtle!" James said.

He threw a Pokéball into the air and out came a Squirtle. Alex examined it for a bit and pulled out his Pokédex to check it,

"Squirtle, the Water-Type Turtle Pokémon. Squirtle's shell is not merely used for protection. The shell's rounded shape and the grooves on its surface help minimize resistance in water, enabling this Pokémon to swim at high speeds."

"That looks like a pretty cool Pokémon! Anyways... Even if it's a Water type, Fennekin and I won't give up!" Alex said confidently.

"Alright then Alex, this is gonna be a good fight! If either Pokémon are unable to battle then you lose. Are you alright with that?" James asked.

"Yep!" Alex answered.

"Okay! Battle Begin!" James announced.

James Vs. Alex!

Rematch!

"Squirtle, I have a strategy to win. So don't attack yet okay?" James whispered to his Squirtle.

"Squirtle!" Squirtle agreed.

"I'll let you attack first Alex!" James exclaimed.

"Okay Fennekin, use Tail Whip!" Alex commanded.

Fennekin started running towards Squirtle at great speed. When she finally reached him, she smacked him with her tail as hard as she could. The attack lowered Squirtle's defense a bit.

"Alright good! As long as she can dodge and use Scratch continuously, we can win for sure." Alex thought.

"Squirtle! Tackle let's go!" James shouted.

Squirtle approached Fennekin and jumped at her. Before he could land his attack on her, she jumped out of the way quickly.

"Keep attacking her!" James continued.

Fennekin kept on dodging and jumping out of the way so Squirtle couldn't get to her. Squirtle couldn't catch up to her, so he looked over to his Trainer. They both had a trick up their sleeve. James nodded his head and Squirtle went to the otherside of Fennekin. Now he was in front of her, but Fennekin knew he would do that. So she jumped and did a flip over Squirtle.

"Use Scratch!" Alex yelled.

Fennekin's paw grew sharp long claws instantly. She was still in mid air, so she let herself fall on top of Squirtle and scratched him across his face. After taking the move, Squirtle fell down in pain. He quickly got up though, and turned around to face his opponent.

"Squirtle, you okay?" James asked just to be sure.

"Squirt! Squirtle!" Squirtle replied back.

"Okay! Now let's try out our strategy." James commanded him.

Alex was curious to see what they were hiding from him and Fennekin, but he shrugged it off and told Fennekin to use Scratch one more time. Fennekin grew claws again and started running towards Squirtle again, but instead of him dodging... He ran away instead. He ran away from Fennekin who was chasing him, trying to reach the side of the arena. Fennekin got bored of chasing him around real quick, so she started leaping at him instead and that boosted her speed a lot. As soon as Fennekin was about to attack Squirtle, he eventually made it to the wall of the arena. He quickly ran up the wall and did a flip off of it. He spun in circles and used Water Gun on Fennekin from behind. Fennekin didn't have time to react at what just happened, but she was badly hurt after that move.

"Fennekin!" Alex cried out.

She tried to get up but had trouble trying to.

"Come on Fennekin, don't give up yet! I know you can still battle!" Alex cheered her on.

Fennekin heard her Trainer's voice and finally got up with an angry look on her face. She opened her mouth and shot a bright pink beam at Squirtle. Squirtle didn't expect the beam to come at him so fast, so he took the hit from the move pretty hard.

"What was that?" James asked.

"It must be a new move!" Alex said.

He pulled his Pokédex back out and checked Fennekin's moves. Sure enough... Alex was right! Fennekin learned Psybeam!

"Awesome! You learned Psybeam Fennekin!" Alex shouted.

"Fennekin!" Fennekin cheered.

She jumped up and did a quick flip in the air as a celebration. She looked at her Trainer smiling wide. This was finally James' chance to attack, so he commanded Squirtle,

"Now Squirtle! Use Water Gun and finish her off!"

"Fen?" Fennekin mumbled.

She turned around and looked at Squirtle who shot water at her up close.

"FENNEKIN!" Fennekin cried.

She got hit from the projectile and flew away. She rolled on the hard ground and eventually collided with the arena walls. Smoke was everywhere because of how hard the impact was. When the smoke finally cleared, Alex ran up to his Pokémon and looked around her to see if she was injured.

"Fennekin? Are you alright." Alex whispered.

Fennekin looked up at her Trainer and started to cry. She felt like she disappointed him because she let her guard down.

"Fenne... Kin..." Fennekin struggled to speak.

She ignored the pain and got back up into her battle stance. Alex smiled and then turned around to face James now.

"That was a pretty cheap move you did there James." Alex laughed.

"Why're you laughing?" James asked nervously.

"Because I know Fennekin, and she can still fight! So let's finish this!" Alex got pumped up even more.

"Hmph... Okay Alex! I have to admit it though, your Fennekin is pretty strong to take hits like that. I'm pretty sure you'll win against the Gym Leader!" James complimented him.

"Thanks!" Alex appreciated his compliment.

"Squirtle, finish this off with Water Gun!" James commanded.

Squirtle immediately shot water towards Fennekin. However, Alex had a trick up his sleeve and shouted out,

"Use Psybeam!"

Fennekin opened her mouth and shot a Psybeam out of it. As the Psybeam and the Water traveled, Alex said,

"Use Ember and combine it with the Psybeam!"

Fennekin used Ember and combined it with her Psybeam. James knew what was going on, so he yelled,

"Squirtle keep on firing that Water Gun!"

Squirtle continued to fire his Water Gun at the fiery Psybeam, but it was too powerful to counter!

"Finish it off with Scratch! Push the Psybeam!" Alex commanded Fennekin.

She ran at her Psybeam and used her claws to hit the Psybeam towards Squirtle. After she did that, the fire surrounding the Psybeam protected it from Squirtle's Water Gun.

"Squirtle dodge it!" James shouted.

But it was too late... The Psybeam hit Squirtle before James could even tell him what to do. There was a big explosion however... And there was smoke everywhere again... Both Alex and James gasped at the sight. Alex didn't even know that it would be that powerful. When the smoke cleared, James ran up to Squirtle and he saw him faint.

Alex Wins Again!

He picked him up and held him close.

"Squirtle are you alright buddy? I'm sorry I pushed you so hard..." James apologized.

Squirtle opened his eyes slowly and looked up at his Trainer.

"Squirtle..." Squirtle groaned.

"You were great out there, you know that right?" James whispered softly.

Squirtle nodded his head and then closed his eyes.

"You deserve a nice long rest!" James mumbled.

He took out Squirtle's Pokéball and returned him back into it. He put it away and then turned around to see Alex and Fennekin grinning at him. James sighed and then started the conversation by saying,

"I gotta hand it to yah, that was a really fun battle! If you can combo that move on the Gym Leader, then you will definitely win!"
    "Heh... Thanks, I thought it wouldn't work but apparently it did! That was fun though! Good battle James!" Alex laughed.

Both James and Alex gave each other a high five, then they made their way back around the Pokémon Center. So that they could heal up their Pokémon.

"Fennekin, you were awesome during that fight!" Alex gave his Fennekin a tight hug.

"Fenne! Fennekin!" Fennekin blushed hard and returned the warm hug.

"Yeah, you were!" James complimented her.

They quickly went back inside the Center, healed their Pokémon, and then came back out.

"So where's the Gym again?" James wondered.

"It's just up ahead! I can't wait to win my first Badge!" Alex cheered.

"Don't get too confident just yet, wait till you actually win first!" James laughed.

"I'm pretty sure I'll be fine, only if Fennekin can be tough and dodge the moves as well as land that combo attack as well." Alex smiled

As the two friends passed through the city, they saw a Roselia statue at the center plaza of the city.

"You know... I do wonder why they have that." Alex asked.

"I don't know either... Maybe that Pokémon is significant to the city?" James questioned the statue's appearance as well.

Alex decided to ignore it and shrugged it off. He spotted the gym from across the plaza, and immediately ran there as fast as he could. Alex kept on running until he reached the front of the Gym.

"Yes! We're finally here!" Alex cheered.

"Yeah! Good luck with your battle! I'm pretty sure you'll have the advantage with Fennekin." James said.

Alex nodded then looked down at Fennekin.

"You ready girl?" Alex smiled.

"Fennekin!" Fennekin happily replied.

He opened the doors and went inside. James followed him, they looked around the place and there was a long narrow hallway. They walked down the hall and looked around as well. There were lots of pictures of Pokémon in the wild, as well as different types of flowers in a forest.
    Alex took a closer look at one picture that caught his eye. It was a picture with all of the Kalos Gym Leaders together looking happy. He examined it for a while, but didn't know they were all Gym Leaders.

"Who are they?" James wondered.

"Not sure, I guess it's-" Alex started to talk, but he was cutoff by a voice coming from behind them,

"You like that one huh?"

Both Trainers turned around and figured out where the voice came from. It came from a woman who had blonde hair, brown boots, a white tank top, green pants, and two cameras around her neck and body. Alex noticed the cameras on her and said,

"Did you take all of these pictures?"

"Yes, I actually did. I took every single one of them! Why? You like them?" The lady raised her eyebrow in curiosity.

"Yeah! You're pretty good, you must really like taking pictures!" Alex complimented her.

"Thanks!" She replied back happily.

He looked back at the picture he was looking at before, and then looked back at her.

"That's you right?" Alex pointed his finger at the picture.

"Hm? Oh! Yep that's me!" The lady laughed.

"Who are these people anyway?" Alex asked.

"They're all Gym Leaders, we decided to have a New Years party so I took a picture of all of us together." She answered.

"You're a Gym Leader?" James questioned her.

She nodded her head and greeted them by saying,

"Sorry for not introducing myself earlier, but I'm the Gym Leader in this city. The names Viola, it's a pleasure to meet you both!"

"My names Alex, and this is my partner Fennekin!" Alex greeted back.

"And I'm James!" James happily replied.

She came closer to Fennekin and gently rubbed her chin. Fennekin always loved getting affection. Viola then rubbed her nose, and Fennekin sneezed once again. Viola felt the heat coming from her ears. She quickly pulled her hand away and started to laugh,

"Wow, feel that heat."

She focused back to the two kids and asked them,

"So, what brings you two here?"

James elbowed Alex lightly, and he knew what he meant.

"I wanna challenge you to a battle!" Alex exclaimed.

Viola thought about it for a while before saying,

"Sure, I could use a battle! I haven't had a challenger in days."

"Awesome!" Alex thought.

"Follow me to the arena." Viola said.

Alex nodded his head and followed her. James did the same thing too.

"What kind of Pokémon do you have Viola?" Alex asked.

"You'll find out soon, you're Fennekin will help you out." Viola hinted.

Alex looked down at Fennekin while she did the same back to him. She smiled happily at Alex.

"We're gonna do this." Alex whispered.

"Fen!" Fennekin said.

"Good luck with your battle, I hope you win man!" James mumbled.

Alex nodded his head in agreement.

They eventually made it to the end of the hall, and there were large glass doors at the end. Viola went on in and opened the doors for them. When they got in, the arena looked huge! There was a large battlefield, trees, and plants were everywhere too. It was like a garden!

"Woah! Cool!" Both James and Alex said.

Viola went to her side of the battlefield, while Alex did the same.

"Alright, I'm sure you know the rules... But I'll remind you just to be safe. I can only use two Pokémon and you can use as many as you'd like. You'll win if you can knockout my two Pokémon, good luck Alex!" Viola explained.

Alex nodded his head and looked over to James, who was standing next to him.

"Good luck, I hope you win!" James told him.

"Thanks!" Alex replied.

He let go of Fennekin and she ran up to the battlefield. She got ready and got into her battle stance.

"You choose Fennekin huh? Well then... Come on out Surskit!" Viola shouted out.

She threw a Pokéball into the air and out came a Surkit.

"Surskit!" Surskit yelled.

"What's that Pokémon?" Alex thought.

He quickly pulled his Pokédex out and scanned Viola's Surskit.

"Surskit, the Water skating Pokémon. From the tips of its feet, Surskit secretes an oil that enables it to walk on water as if it were skating."

"Alright Alex, I'll let you go first! Battle begin!" Viola announced.

Alex Vs. Gym Leader Viola!

"Fennekin, let's start this off by using Tail Whip!" Alex commanded.

Fennekin immediately ran at Surskit and tried to hit it with it's tail.

However, Surskit kept on dodging while Fennekin continued. After a short while, Fennekin got tired pretty quick and slowed down.

"Surskit use Ice Beam and freeze the entire arena!" Viola exclaimed.

In a matter of seconds, Surskit jumped up really high in the sky and shot a large Ice Beam everywhere around Fennekin. Surskit kept on firing Ice Beam around the whole arena, and eventually the battle ground was completely frozen! Fennekin didn't notice what Surskit was doing and she was still tired to even dodge the move. Her foot was completely frozen, and she was stuck in the ice.

"What?" Alex gasped at the scene.

Viola gave him a smirk and laughed quietly.

"All according to plan!" Viola thought.

When Surskit came back onto the icy ground, he didn't slip on the ice.

"Of course! Surskit's feet can allow it to glide on ice as well, but I'm pretty sure Alex has a plan." James thought.

Alex looked at Surskit and then back to his Fennekin. He thought of a plan to try and win this battle.

"Finish Fennekin off with Bubble Beam!" Viola yelled.

Alex smiled and said,

"Fennekin, we're not giving up just yet! Use Ember below you and dodge the move!"

Fennekin listened and shot a small Ember attack below herself. The ice around her melted and her foot was free from the ice. She looked at the Bubble Beam coming towards her and quickly jumped out of the way. The move missed, but when she came back down to land on the ice, she slipped and fell down.

Viola smiled back at him and thought,

"Wow, impressive!"

"Fennekin you alright?" Alex asked.

"Fen!" Fennekin nodded her head and quickly got up to her feet.

"Ice Beam and Bubble Beam, I have to worry about that water move though." Alex mumbled to James.

"Yeah, maybe you should try that combo move you did on me earlier." James suggested.

"Too early, I'm a bit worried though for Fennekin. There's still a lot of ice and she can easily slip on it." Alex replied back.

"Use Bubble Beam once more!" Viola commanded.

Surskit shot a larger Bubble Beam than before at Fennekin. That really worried Alex now...

Alex had an idea though and he said,

"Use Scratch and jump out of the way!"

Fennekin immediately grew sharp claws on her feet and that allowed her to jump off of the ice with ease. She dodged the move easily and landed back onto the ice without slipping.

Viola examined Alex's plan and complimented him by saying,

"That was pretty impressive Alex, but you're missing one important thing!"

Alex tilted his head in confusion. He didn't know what Viola was planning to do.

"Alright Surskit! Skate up to Fennekin and use Sticky Web!" Viola yelled.

Surskit skated really fast on the ice towards Fennekin, and in a matter of seconds... He shot a large Sticky Web at her.

Alex shouted out, "Dodge it!"

But he was too late... Fennekin didn't have enough time to dodge the move, so it landed on her and trapped her in a large Sticky Web.

"Fenne!" Fennekin gasped in surprise.

She tried to use her claws to break the Web, but it prevented her from moving.

"Oh this ain't good..." Alex whispered to James.

"Yeah, that move surprised Fennekin. It went at her really quick too." James said.

Alex began to worry now, Fennekin was stuck and Surskit was getting ready to attack again.

"Hm... Ice and Sticky Web." Alex thought.

He didn't have time to think because Viola interrupted him and yelled out,

"Finish her off and use Bubble Beam!"

Fennekin turned her head around and faced Surskit, she braced herself from the attack coming towards her. The attack eventually hit Fennekin's body. It hurt her a lot, but it didn't affect the Sticky Web. Fennekin didn't scream out in pain either, she took it like a champ. That's one of the things Alex noticed about her.

"Like I said earlier dude... You're Fennekin is pretty tough. You should use that to your advantage!" James whispered.

"You're right..." Alex replied back.

He quickly told Fennekin to use Ember so that she could melt the Sticky Web. Luckily it worked, and Fennekin easily got out. Viola admired his Fennekin, she was surprised that Fennekin survived that Bubble Beam, it should've made her faint.

"Your Fennekin is pretty strong Alex, but no more games! This time I'm actually going to try my hardest to win!" Viola exclaimed.

"I won't give up either! Fennekin, Psybeam let's go! And use the ice to your advantage!" Alex shouted back.

Fennekin still had her claws from Scratch, so she didn't have to worry about the ice.

She ran up to Surskit quickly and shot a large Psybeam at him.

"Use Protect!" Viola commanded.

Then, a shiny pink shield surrounded Surskit and it canceled out the Psybeam.

Alex rolled his eyes and sighed thinking,

"Great... Her Surskit even knows Protect as well."

Surskit looked back at Viola and he nodded towards her. Viola had a plan too...

"Ice Beam!' Viola yelled.

Surskit shot a large Ice Beam towards Fennekin. The projectile went slower than usual though, and Alex knew what she was going to do with Surskit.

"Fennekin, counter the move with Ember!" Alex said.

Fennekin shot a slow Ember towards the Ice Beam as well. Viola smirked again and then her Surskit shot a fast Bubble Beam towards the Ice Beam. When the Bubble Beam made contact with the Ice Beam, the Bubbles popped and there was now water surrounding the projectile. Alex was caught off guard, he thought that Surskit would do something else to distract Fennekin from the move, but he was wrong.

"Quick! Fire Psybeam at Ember!" Alex told her.

Fennekin listened to him and shot a fast Psybeam at her move. When the Psybeam eventually reached the Ember, the two moves became one and it started going very fast towards the Watery Ice Beam. Alex grinned, this was his chance to attack. Surskit wasn't really worried considering he thought that Fennekin would do something to improve her Fire Psybeam. Fennekin looked back at Alex, waiting for a command. Alex nodded his head whispering to her so that Viola couldn't hear him,

"Fennekin, I think Surskit is going to be distracted by the two moves colliding. They'll cancel each other out, so I want you to go through the smoke and surprise Surskit by using Tail Whip so we can lower his defense."

Fennekin's face kinda had a worried look on it.

"What's wrong?" Alex asked.

Fennekin pointed at the fur on her body, then she gave him an angry look.

Alex understood what she was trying to tell him so he said,

"Look, I know you don't like being dirty. I'll give you a nice long bath later and make sure you're clean, but now's not the time for this Fennekin. I really need you to listen to me okay?"

Fennekin sighed and then turned around to face Surskit. The two projectiles eventually collided with one another and there was a massive explosion. There was a large black cloud of smoke that appeared as soon as they touched each other. The collision was so fierce and powerful that it destroyed and cracked most of the ice at the center of the arena. This was Fennekin's chance, she ran at a great speed towards Surskit. She closed her eyes before entering the smoke. Viola didn't know what Alex was going to do, so she was going to be surprised. When Fennekin came out of the black cloud, she was covered in black dust all over her body. Alex felt bad for his Fennekin, she was really dirty now... He knew that she would be very mad at him when this battle is over. Surskit was startled from Fennekin running at him, and didn't have time to react to her move. She hit him hard with her tail, she lowered his defense and made him startle too. She also had extra time to attack again, so she listened to Alex's voice saying,

"Use Psybeam!"

Fennekin opened her mouth wide and shot a large Psybeam at her opponent.

"Quick! Protect!" Viola shouted.

Surskit tried to use Protect but he was already hit from the Psybeam. He stumbled back a bit, closing his eyes in pain. The move hurt him badly and he was in complete agony.

"Surskit you alright? Try and use Bubble Beam!" Viola yelled.

Surskit quickly got up and ignored the pain, he shot a Bubble Beam at Fennekin who was still close.

Alex knew that Viola would use that move so he said,

"Deflect it with Psybeam!"

Fennekin jumped back so that she could have time to shoot her Psybeam at the Bubble Beam. She shot it quickly and the Psybeam canceled out the water type move. It went through it and hit Surskit again. Surskit rolled back far away and he stayed down for a while. He tried to get back up, but he fell back down to the floor. He couldn't fight anymore and Viola only had one Pokémon left now. Viola sighed and then returned Surskit back into his Pokéball. She looked at the Ball and then smiled at it saying,

"You were great out there Surskit, You deserve a nice long rest."

She faced towards Alex again and shouted out,

"That was pretty great Alex! I haven't had a good challenger like you in a while, but prepare for my next Pokémon! Come on out Vivillon!"

Viola threw another Pokéball into the air and out came a Vivillon.

"Looks like she has another Pokémon." Alex mumbled to himself.

"That was a great match between Surskit and your Fennekin Alex, good luck trying to beat Viola's last Pokémon!"

Alex nodded his head and quickly got out his Pokédex to scan his opponent's Pokémon.

"Villon, the Bug type Flying Pokémon. Vivillon has many different patterns that are found all over the world. These patterns are affected by the climate of their habitat."

"Wow! That's a pretty cool Pokémon and it even has lots of different patterns too." Alex exclaimed.

Viola gave him a couple of minutes to prepare. Alex checked on Fennekin to make sure she could continue on fighting and Fennekin looked alright.

Viola smiled and then asked him,

"You ready to fight Alex?"

"Sure am!" Alex replied back.

Now he was excited, he and his Fennekin were feeling pretty confident enough that they could pull it off and win their first Gym Badge together.

"Alright then! Vivillon use Gust and push Fennekin into the wall!" Viola commanded her Pokémon.

Vivillon's wings turned white and she flapped her wings back and fourth. A huge stream of wind and air came towards Fennekin at great speed. Alex didn't expect it, nor did his Fennekin.

"Try and use Scratch!" Alex shouted.

She tried to use Scratch to hold onto the ground, but it failed!

"Fen! Fenne! Kiiiinn!" Fennekin screamed out.

She couldn't control her gravity and she flew back really quick towards the side of the Arena. She eventually collided into the wall and made a hole in it.

"Fennekin you alright? Can you get out?" Alex asked. He was worried for Fennekin now.

Fennekin tried her best to push herself out of the wall, but she couldn't do it. Alex started getting nervous now, He knew that Scratch or Tail Whip wouldn't work because Vivillon was in the air. Fennekin wouldn't be able to jump that high to reach her opponent. Viola grinned evilly and felt like the battle was already over.

"Looks like I've won, you were great Alex... but sorry it had to come to this. Vivillon use Psychic and keep Fennekin in that wall!" Viola said.

Vivillon used Psychic and a pink light surrounded Fennekin's body. Fennekin tried to resist the move, but she couldn't. The move was too powerful for her and she couldn't move at all!

"Oh no... This isn't good, what could she be doing?" Alex thought.

James had a worried look on his face too, he also thought that Alex has already lost. Fennekin was trapped and she couldn't do anything now, and Viola surprised Alex with her strategy.

"Don't give up now Fennekin! I know we can win this fight, I believe in you!" Alex told his partner.

Fennekin turned her head to look at Alex, then she remembered her previous Trainer again...

Flashback!

"You're a weak Pokémon, do you know that?"

She remembered it... That terrible night with her Trainer. She failed to beat Clemont and Viola... She let him down and she felt really bad now... Her Trainer showed the Pokéball that she was from. She looked up at it and then at her Trainer's eyes next.

"Fenne?" Fennekin wondered what he was going to do next.

"I don't need you any longer, you're a weak Pokémon... So just leave, I have better and stronger Pokémon on my team than you!"

Her Trainer kicked her hard on her head. She fell down to the ground and started to cry. She opened her eyes again and looked back at him. She saw him leaving her alone on the empty streets of Lumiose City.

"FENNEKIIIN!" Fennekin screamed at him.

She got back up and tried to catch up to him, but when he turned around... He said,

"I can't believe I picked you to be my starter... You couldn't even beat Clemont or Viola! You're way too weak to even be considered a Pokémon! I don't need you anymore... Have fun finding another Trainer who would want you on their team!"

Fennekin was shocked to hear that from him, she didn't want to find another Trainer. She didn't know what to do... except try and convince him by crying. He didn't buy it though... He didn't forgive Fennekin, he just left her alone in the dark. He walked on while Fennekin watched him getting farther and farther away. She wanted to follow him, but she knew he would just deny her again and kick her even harder if she tried... No Pokémon deserved to be treated this way, hurt, heart-broken by losing their Trainer, or even being abandoned. Fennekin felt all of those things, she was strong so the kick didn't really hurt her that bad. Sure, she cried... But she would always get up. She would do her best to impress her Trainer in the past, but he just didn't understand her. She looked down at the ground, tears streaming down her face and falling off... He was out of sight now and Fennekin cried even harder.

"How could he... Just leave me like this... All alone... What kind of person does that?" Fennekin thought.

She heard footsteps coming towards her and tried to hide herself using the shadows of the night.

"Hey... It's okay, come here little fella."

Fennekin eventually saw who said that to her, and she was afraid now.

She stopped crying and tried to hide herself, but she failed to do so... And she sniffled, loud enough for the Human to hear.

"You alright? I saw what happened and just wanted to come outside and see if you were okay."

"What?" Fennekin asked in surprise.

She was surprised and shocked because nobody ever asked her if she was alright or was feeling okay... Not even her Trainer who just abandoned her. She saw a hand extending out towards her and thought,

"S-Should I get a new Trainer? Should I... Maybe I shouldn't... What if he's gonna be mean to me like my old Trainer was?"

She ignored all those questions racing through her mind, so she just went with it anyway... She revealed herself into the light and touched her head against the hand. Then, she felt something she never felt before as soon as the hand started petting her head. It was a feeling that her Trainer never gave her before... She never got any affection or was never petted. It was always training hard and being disciplined if she made a mistake. It felt good though to her, so she started smiling and rubbed the hand back. She looked up to see who was petting her, and she saw a boy about the same height as her old Trainer was. She felt herself being picked up by the boy and was held in his arms.

"Oh, so you're a Fennekin Huh?" The boy asked quietly.

Fennekin nodded her head happily, she smiled at him and enjoyed being carried too.

"Why would that trainer ditch you like that? You're one of the three starters a Trainer gets to pick, and you're all dirty too." The boy whispered.

She sighed though... She had the same question too. She was a special Pokémon though, considering that only Professor Sycamore gave out the three starters of Kalos. She ignored the question though again, and climbed up the boy's arms and sat on top of his head. She giggled and grinned at him, she was beginning to like the Boy. Maybe he could be her new Trainer.

"I think we should get you cleaned up." The boy laughed while walking down the street with her.

Flashback End!

That's when Fennekin remembered Alex and how he took her in and let her sleep with him, as well as give her a bath. She wanted to pay him back by winning this battle so that she wouldn't make him sad. That's what made her even stronger, she tried to resist the Psychic move... But she failed to do so. She was beginning to worry now... She looked back at her opponent and had an angry look on her face.

"Now Vivillon, finish her off by using Solar Beam!" Viola commanded.

Vivillon started powering up her Solar Beam, a bright light shined out of her mouth. Alex was waiting for Vivillon to attack, he had an idea to counter the move! After a short while, Vivillon finished charging her attack and was now ready to fire it at Fennekin. She opened her mouth and out came a huge Solar Beam.

"Counter it with Ember!" Alex yelled.

Fennekin immediately fired Ember at the Solar Beam, hoping it would weaken or destroy the move. Luckily it did, and Alex wasn't as worried as he was before. Fennekin eventually pushed herself out of the wall and slipped on the ice considering there was still some ice left over from Surskit. Alex examined the ice for a while, then he looked at Viola's Vivillon.

"I GOT IT!" Alex mumbled to James.

"Um... What's your idea?" James wondered.

"It's easy... If I can just use the ice to freeze Vivillon's wings, then I can easily get a clear shot with that combo move!" Alex explained.

"That's a great idea! You'll win this for sure if you can pull it off!" James agreed with his friend.

Alex nodded his head, now he was feeling very confident that he could win this fight.

"Vivillon use Sleep Powder!" Viola exclaimed.

Out of nowhere, Vivillon fired Sleep Powder at her opponent... The Powder surrounded Fennekin and she tried to hold her breathe. If she breathed in any of the Powder, it would make her fall asleep.

"That isn't gonna work Viola! Fennekin make yourself sneeze!" Alex told her.

Fennekin smiled and then tickled her own nose. She breathed in a bit of the Powder, but she sneezed quickly which made the Powder come right back out. The tiny fires coming out of her ears made the rest of the powder go away instantly. Viola was surprised at what Fennekin just did...

"What?" Viola gasped.

"Now Fennekin! See that big chunk of ice there? Grab it with your teeth and throw it at Vivillon!" Alex commanded his partner.

Fennekin looked around and saw pieces of ice everywhere on the ground. She spotted a huge one and picked it up with her sharp teeth. She threw it at Vivillon, but Vivillon dodged it easily.

"Keep throwing them!" Alex continued commanding her.

Fennekin continously kept on throwing ice at her opponent, hoping it would work. Both of them got tired though, Fennekin got tired from throwing the ice, while Vivillon got tired of dodging the ice.

Then... Fennekin heard Alex saying,

"Fennekin, remember... Even if we lose, it's okay! As long as we're having fun!"

She remembered her old Trainer now... How he would always yell at her, and how he would always push her during battles. Whenever she lost a battle, her previous Trainer yelled at her or disciplined her by hitting her hard. He abandoned her now? She immediately thought about him and was filled with rage! She didn't wanna lose this battle, she was going to win! She was going to win for Alex! She picked up two pieces of ice from the ground and threw both of them at Vivillon. Her opponent dodged one, but didn't see the other one behind it. The chunk of ice impacted Vivillon's wing and it froze it completely.

"Vivill!" Vivillon was surprised from the sudden impact.

She fell down to the ground hard and tried to fly back up again, but her wing was completely frozen!

"Huh! Vivillon?" Viola asked her partner to see if she was alright.

Vivillon was scared now, she couldn't fly or move. She was basically stuck to the floor... Without her wing, she was in serious trouble.
    Viola began to worry now, this wasn't looking good for her. However, Alex was smiling as well as Fennekin too. Their plan worked, now all Alex had to do was hit Vivillon with Fennekin's combo move to finish her off!

"It's time to finish this once and for all! Fennekin, combo move let's go! Use Psybeam!" Alex shouted.

Fennekin shot a slow Psychic beam at her opponent, who was still lying on the ground.

"Don't think about it Alex! Vivillon charge up Solar Beam!" Viola said.

"Add Ember to Psybeam!" Alex exclaimed.

"Fenne... KIN!" Fennekin fired an Ember towards her Psybeam.

The two moves combined, making a Fiery Psybeam. Vivillon charged up her Solar Beam quickly, but didn't fire yet until Viola told her to. After waiting for the perfect moment, Viola saw Fennekin running at her Fiery Psybeam quickly, so she said,

"Use Solar Beam!"

Vivillon instantly shot the move at the Psybeam. Alex didn't want the Fiery Psybeam to be destroyed, so he shouted out,
    "Fennekin, trust me on this! I need you to block the Solar Beam from hitting your move!"

Fennekin didn't hesitate either, she listened to Alex and jumped over her move after running to it quickly. She braced herself, preparing to take the hit from the Solar Beam and ran towards it.

The move eventually hit her, causing massive damage to Fennekin!

"FENNEKIIN!" Fennekin screamed out in pain.

The Fiery Psybeam nearly hit Fennekin too, but it missed and hit Vivillon instead.

"VIVILLOON!" Vivillon screamed too.

There was lots of smoke now... Both Alex and Viola felt bad for their Pokémon...

"Fennekin!" Alex yelled.

"Vivillon, are you alright!" Viola shouted.

They didn't hear a response from their Pokémon though... When the smoke finally cleared, they saw their Pokémon lying on the ground.
    They ran up to their Pokémon though, ignoring their battle. Viola picked up Vivillon and held her close, she fainted after taking the hit from Fennekin's move.

"You were amazing Vivillon, take a rest okay?" Viola said.

She returned Vivillon back into her Pokéball and put it away, then she looked at Alex's Pokémon to make sure she was alright as well. Alex was about to pick up Fennekin, but he heard her cough slightly.

"Are you okay Fennekin?" Alex asked his partner.

She coughed again, but finally stood up to her feet. She smiled and then looked up at Viola saying,

"Fenne! Fennekin!"

Viola was surprised that Fennekin was still standing after taking the hit from Solar Beam. Alex picked up his Fennekin and felt guilty for making her suffer through the pain.

"Fennekin, I'm sorry for making you go through that... We probably lost..." Alex sighed.

Fennekin gave Alex a tight hug, he hugged her back until he was interrupted by Viola laughing.

"What's so funny?" James questioned her.

Viola stopped laughing, then she answered his question by saying,

"You thought you lost Alex? You're Fennekin can still fight and she's still standing... You won!"

"WAIT REALLY?" Alex asked in surprise.

"Yep!" Viola grinned at him.

Alex Wins!

She got out a small looking object and presented it to Alex.

"You earned it Alex, that was a fun battle! I haven't had that much fun in a long time, thanks for the challenge! Anyways... Here's your Bug Badge! And I also gave you a case to put your future Gym Badges in as well!" Viola congratulated him.

Alex took the Badge from her and felt a sudden joy inside him.

"Thanks Viola! That was pretty fun!" Alex thanked her.

He lifted the Badge into the air and cheered out,

"Alright! Fennekin we did it! We got our first Gym Badge!"

"Fennekin!" Fennekin cheered.

He put the Badge into the Gym Badge Case, and put it away in his Bag.

"That was so much fun to watch Alex! You and Fennekin were awesome!" James complimented his friend.

He gave Alex a high five and petted Fennekin on the head.

Viola smiled at them saying,

"I take it you're gonna challenge the next Gym then huh?"

Alex nodded his head and smiled back at her.

"Well, good luck with that! If you're looking to add more Pokémon to your team, try and explore the Santalune Forest! You'll find lots of good Pokémon there." Viola suggested.

"Thanks for the tip Viola! I'll be sure to visit the forest before heading back to Lumiose City." Alex replied back.

"Take care you guys! Maybe I'll see you again for a rematch when you get stronger!" Viola exclaimed.

"Definitely! See you then Viola!" Alex waved goodbye while turning around to leave the Gym.

James followed him out while Viola waved back to them too. When they exited the Gym, Alex felt so happy. He looked down at Fennekin who was looking pretty tired.

"You were amazing Fennekin! I bet if your previous Trainer saw you battle out there, he'd probably beg for you to come back to him. Heh." Alex laughed.

Fennekin yawned and then continued to hug Alex. She felt safe around him, and felt loved by him too. She never felt those two things around her old Trainer before. They went back to the Pokémon Center to heal up Fennekin. When they finished doing that, both Alex and James came back outside and searched the entire town for a route to the forest.

Alex eventually spotted a blue sign that read,

"Santalune Forest ahead! Past Route 3!"

"Perfect! You ready to explore the forest James?" Alex asked his friend.

James nodded his head happily saying,

"Yeah, let's go!"

Alex and James went down the route continuing their journey together!

End of Ch. 3!

Ch. 4 will be here tomorrow!

kindred likes this.