1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Let's talk cats...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by JadeFox, Feb 15, 2017.

1. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I mean, cats are great companions. Maybe even more than some friends. This is for the cat people out there, and also all of the non cat people.

The misadventures of your cats (or outdoor cats, whichever one you want to talk about)! CATS do crazy things sometimes, and talking about them makes it even better. So what's a story that you've heard about cats, or something you've experienced with cats? It doesn't have to be purr-fect, but anyone can share their stories!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ShockingPsychicTyphoon

PokéPoints:
    ₽16.2
    Poké Ball ★
    Cats, oh I could go on for days about my fuzzy family.

When I was 6, I had the chance to get a kitten from my aunt's house. The babies just opened their eyes the day before Christmas and my cousin was looking through the batch of 6. The odd ball out was the biggest one, all gray and white and she mew'd so loudly. I took her and fell in love instantly, and when my cousin wanted to hold her, she shouted loudly, and reached out to me MIND YOU THIS BABY WAS SO SMALL, AND SHE CHOSE ME

I was set on wanting her but I had to wait a year cause I was little and my mom wanted to make sure I didn't toss her out the window or something LOL A year goes by, I take her home and I loved her. I named her Snuggy cause she was just the cuddliest, cutest baby. I spent every moment, second I could with her. She ate alot though, and became about 30lbs within two years. She had gotten fixed prior to that, and we thought maybe that was the issue, and also being indoors??? Dunno. Either way I told her for years she wasn't allowed to pass away untill I met the man of my dreams. We went through alot together, from her getting kicked by my drunk step dad, to having 5 other cats in our lives, and she was very motherly to them. We moved alot after I was 12, and our bond by then was so great. I called her my sister, my best friend. I always cried on her when I was sad, lonely, ect.

Fast forward to 18 years old. She was getting old... Her signs were very clear to me. Most of the time I had to help her get up except for my bed. No matter it's height, she was always able to get on. Mystery to me even now. I had friends come and go at this point in my life. But the one person who she never hissed at ( Since step dad kicked her, she hated everyone except me. If a friend or family member would be bad for us, she let us know by being extremely hostile. Never bitting, just hissing and trying to corner them. ) was Deathx. She was skiddish of him when they first met, but after bringing him over often, she warmed up to him. At this point in my life, we weren't together yet. By the time I moved in with a roommate, I think the answer was very clear from my cat. "Keep him, don't let him leave your life."

Unfortunately we had a mass flea outbreak, and I wasn't made aware when I left for my moms place for a week. I came home after my birthday to find out she was gone... She didn't make it. Nor did Inky ( Her adopted son ) Spudly ( adopted daughter ) was fine and that was a relief but my heart was broken. The one cat who stuck with me from 7 to the age of 19. My heart was devastated but I knew it was going to happen sooner or later... I just wish she held on long enough to see that she was right, that I'm with the one she agreed with. T_T I miss her so dearly, I still have her giant dog collar, cause her neck was very thick lol

I know it's abit long, but that's my experience with my cat. I love her, so so very much and I wish I could thank her.. <3

I uploaded a couple pics of her <3
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. WavePearl

WavePearl Believer in Possibilities

Grace
    (Shaymin (Sky))
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽38,007.6
    I love my little black one, Luna, so much--she helped me see the light after a horrible summer.

I won't go into the details of that here, but a good friend of mine suggested we go down to the local pound to look for a pet.

So after spending some time with all the kittens, I had my choice narrowed down to a grey tabby Manx bobtail, and a little black one.
    The tabby kept running away from me, but Luna eagerly jumped onto my shoulder--and she came home with me that afternoon.

Luna will be three this April, but I hope we'll be together for a long time.

4. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I LOVE CATS

I have two cats, a brown-orange one and a black/slightly calico named Star and Holly respectively. Star was a name I thought of when I was around four or so, and Holly got her name because she was adopted by my family near Christmas. They like to sleep and play with things, especially my earbuds. They're so cute and they've been with me for over ten years now :3

BUT THEY SHED A LOT every article of clothing I own has cat hair on it... I don't have many stories, just thought I'd drop by to talk about my cats :P

JadeFox likes this.
  5. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    I have two kitties! They're both boys and they love each other very much <3 they're always doing cute things like snuggling.
    One of them is a little bitey though, and doesn't always let you pet him.

6. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have one cat but I dont really like her, she is really mean and doesn't like anyone. Never has and we guess never will, even though we try and act sweet she is really mean. I hope she settles down but she terrorizes our furniture and our poor doggy.

7. DecemberWildfire

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    I am forever a crazy cat woman and proud. (:

Back home I have two cats, Finnegan and Piper. Piper is my little ninja kitten; we got her when she was a baby and was literally the size of my hand. And now, like 6 years later, she's still super tiny. Living in Phoenix and all, we could always count on her to go and hunt down all the bugs because she enjoys chasing them so much :P

Finnegan is a fat, fluffy tabby, but he's my baby. He's incredibly lazy but still managed to save me one time. We would get lots of scorpions in our house during the summers, and one time I was laying on my stomach on the floor (for some reason idr) on my computer and he was sitting across from me. And then I noticed his eyes get all huge but I didn't know what he was staring at. But eventually I looked straight down and saw a HUGE scorpion, the exact same color as the carpet, coming right towards my face. I quickly jumped up and nothing happened, PTL. But yeah, even though he wasn't doing anything, he still saved me :P

So yes. I love cats. For many, many more reasons than them being good bug catchers; but that's always the story that comes to mind. (:

If it was up to me and if I had the funding, I would have like 7 cats at least. No lie.

8. An Evil Wizard

An Evil Wizard The Ironic Mage

Chef Boyardee
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.7
    Fightinium Z ★★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Beedrillite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I love me some good ol' cattos! The outside ones around my house are kind of feral so I won't talk about them. However, I'm gonna talk about my two inside cats.

Larry, Some type of long haired mix breed, and despite her name (We named her before finding out if she was a boy or girl) she is really a girl. I lost track of her age, but she is around 9 years old. Might be older than that, but I don't really know. Larry means a lot to me. I received her as a kitten when I was in really young. She also had a brother, which we named Boots. Boots ran away when he was still a kitten. Larry is one of THOSE cats. If you stop petting her, she will eat your hand and rip open your arm.

Now my other cat creeps me out every single day. Her name is Chirp. She might be some type of Manx Siamese mix. Either way, she is still a Siamese without a tail. She has to be around 1 or 2 years old. And unlike my first cat, my sister found her in a tree by my house. My family named her Chirp because while she was in the tree, she was making some weird bird sounds. This cat is some sort of stalker. She likes to be in rooms that I'm in. If I'm in a room with the door closed, she will sit in front of it until it is opened. Chirp only does this with me and no one else in my family. Other than that, she is a really good lap cat. She also sleeps on me so that's great. BUT BOY IS SHE VOCAL!

JadeFox likes this.
  9. Kuroshi Heki

PokéPoints:
    ₽193.3
    I have always loved all my cats but my favorite was my Maine Coone Brian. Well my cat Brian used to think that when he saw his reflection it was another cat. Every time he saw this other cat he would scratch on it to play with the other cat. Well one day he had enough of it. So he backs up and bolts head first into whatever he saw his reflection in and in this case it was the oven. So all you see is this huge fuzzball of a cat run forwards head first into an oven. He never played with his mirror companion again. He also had a routine of scratching on my bedroom door at around 11:30PM every night he would scratch on the door until I let him in and would not stop until I opened the door and he could lay with me. One day I decided to leave my bedroom door open way earlier than this. He started clawing on my couch and next second I hear a distraught meow. He got himself caught on the couch and I needed to pull him off. He was meowing loudly and looking back and forth at me and his stuck paw. He sure was a character.
    My sister also has a cat who is a character. She lets the cat visit sometimes and the cat is not the brightest but she sure is adorable. She loves to climb and jump and one time I was holding her and she decided she didn't want to be held anymore so she jumps out of my arms trying to get on to the table and undershoots it. Poor cat ran back up to me and wanted me to hold her again. She has so many stories like this just way too many to tell.
    I also have a now 16 or 17 year old tabby who I love to death. He makes the derpiest faces and sounds more like a monkey than a cat. Well one day we broke out the catnip and he starts rolling in it like a snake. It was very interesting to see him roll and roll and be covered in catnip. I also have had other cats which didn't have as many misadventures.

10. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    My old cat Tiger used to be good at telling whether or not a person was good or evil. How can I tell that? She loved everyone except 4 people in particular who ended up to be just plain rotten. If she didn't like you then that was a big red flag for us. Especially since if you walked in our house you must rub her and, if you rubbed her then you were her new best friend.

11. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    So I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing in this thread. I'm not a cat person. I'm not even a pet person; I've owned a dog once in my life, and it was such a horrendous chore that I can't see how anybody could have the time or patience to raise any pet with more processing power than a rock.

That said, I do remember a friend of mine who owned 3 cats - one fat, one lean, and one that just didn't care, and I'm pretty sure all three were male. The fat one was about as amusing as you'd expect, and when he did move, the other two cats would avoid him. The only thing I remember about that cat is that he once tried to jump on or tackle one of the other cats, and we only noticed because we were watching a movie and heard a sudden "MROWL" on the other end of the room.

I've never forgotten the humping cat, much to my dismay.

As penance for sharing an absolutely terrible story, please accept a video of a woman who is sad that she can't hug every cat.

12. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    I absolutely adore cats. I love, love, love cats! I have 3 cats :) Two live indoors, and one lives outdoors. Not a very exciting story, but I just recently got my outdoor kitty (his name is Friddle) a collar! He shook his head soo much yesterday-- The little clinking sound of his ID tag was driving him nuts! But, after a few minutes, he eventually got used to it. Friddle's collar is green with cheese and mice on it :)

A lot of cats live in my neighborhood. Maybe 30! A majority of them are feral and afraid of people. However, I still try to take care of them! I leave food and water out for them each day, and am in the process of raising money to get them all neutered/spade and vaccinated. Some people are getting tired of all the cats and their kittens and want to call the pound, but I don't want that to happen! The shelters in my area "kill shelters," where animals are put down if not adopted soon after arriving. So, I'm hoping if I get all the cats 'fixed,' that will be less kittens!

Currently, I've raised about $100 :)

JadeFox likes this.
  13. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Yes! Yes yes yes! I'm a big spay/neuter person, and I know a lot of what happens in the local pound... :'( It's always great to see someone do something about it! Keep up the good work!

14. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Was she formerly an outdoor cat...? D: Or did you adopt her from a shelter, where she was maybe rescued from people who abused her?? That really stinks. Some animals can't be healed no matter what, and I really hope it doesn't get to the point where she becomes dangerous to your family that you have to reconsider keeping her. Bahhh... I used to have a cat like that too. We got her from outside and she was really aggressive. Parents decided to release her because she scratched right under my eye once. A teeny bit higher and I would've only had one eye right now. :<

Any! ways!!!!! I love kitties. I have one fully outdoor cat that only comes around every once in a while to eat, and one indoor-only kitty. We just got her spayed two weeks ago. She's really friendly, but I really want to get a friend for her. She doesn't get along with our outdoor cat and he's never inside anyway so she gets kinda bored being home herself. Here she is:

http://i.imgur.com/fme20So.jpg

Not sure what her breed is since we got her as a kitten from a cat's litter that gave birth in our tool shed a few years ago lol, but she looks like an Angora??

15. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    She came from petco, litter bred there, always been an indoor cat.

16. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    I have my Indie who's really something.... special. I love him to bits but he has no control over his breaks and runs into walls. Regularly.
    He's given him self concussion on more than one occasion and ended up giving him self a blood hematoma in his ear and as a result it's always folded.
    I joke and say he's half a Scottish fold because the folded ear and that we're both Scottish.
    He's also diabetic. =w=''
    Here's a picture of him:
    [​IMG]

17. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I love cats! I don't have a cat at home myself, but I love when they brush up on my legs and purr. It's also so adorable when you scratch their heads and they close their eyes while you're doing so.

18. Cherry3Fairy

Kantoni
    (Eevee (K))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,063.7
    Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Water Stone ★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★
    Cats are cute! They are soft!
    I once saw a small cat, white in colour with black patches. If you look at it, you'll find it so so cute! Also, one huge cute thing of that cat was, it seemed like the cat has short bangs of black color! The cat's head literally seemed as if it has bangs!
    So cute!!:love:
    That cat really seemed like a small angel! I wish I can touch it again!

19. Anubis the Lucario

Robert
    (Nidorino)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽44.7
    Crown of Valor
    Eh....I'm more of a dog guy, and cats irritate my eyes. But they're so darn cute...*sigh*

20. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    I'm a dog person as well, sadly. I mean, cats can be adorable, and I tend to use cat Pokémon a lot because of that. So, yeah.