1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Rediscovered songs

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Otter Mii-kun, Feb 17, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Some of us may vaguely remember listening to certain songs regularly when we were younger, but haven't heard them for a very long time since. Sooner or later, in some cases, we may hear that one song (or several) that we remember somewhere after a very long time (even if we could imagine hearing it in our heads in the time between).

What are some songs that you 'rediscovered' in recent times after not hearing them at all for a long time beforehand?

One recent example would be Mama Said by The Shirelles. I recently bought some oldies CDs at a consignment shop, and this song is one of several on those discs that I haven't heard in many years (having heard them last on oldies stations that have since changed formats to something else.)

An older, yet perhaps more noteworthy, example would be 702's Where My Girls At?. After years of searching the internet (primarily via melody search engines and YouTube, as well as sifting through hit charts from the late 1990s and early 2000s), I finally "rediscovered" the song in the spring of 2014, which I remembered hearing on the radio on the bus on my way to and from school during my middle school years. I seem to remember hearing it very frequently in the mornings during 6th Grade (1999-2000), and perhaps into the next school year, but I don't remember hearing it very much if at all after 9-11 (my second day of 8th Grade), hence the reason this song faded into obscurity for me for the next 13 years.

2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I refound this animator and musician I really like, he wrote his own song on the marvel movies and I loved his little musical on the 6 or so movies. I haven't heard it in about a year or two so it was welcome to my ears.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guvwngXcRsE

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cilan

Cilan Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽128.9
    I remembered that "The Joker and The Thief" was a thing today. It was like 2007 again.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...