1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Your living situation

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sheep, Feb 17, 2017.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    Thought it'd be fun to discuss this!

What's your living situation like right now? Are you living with your parents? Planning a move soon? Just moved out? Maybe you're living in a dorm for school? Or maybe you've been living by yourself or with roommates/a significant other for a while now? Share! How are you finding your living situation currently? =)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Seprix

Seprix Patron Sint

PokéPoints:
    ₽115.8
    Parents. Hopefully that ends soon. I have no idea what I'll do after I move out but I hope I find some kind of roommate.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. An Evil Wizard

An Evil Wizard The Ironic Mage

Chef Boyardee
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.7
    Fightinium Z ★★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Beedrillite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I'm still have like one or two years of high school left, so I'm going to be living with my parents for a while. I want to move out one day.

4. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I thought this thread came up recently? I suppose not. I do know it has come up in the past before, and only a few months prior (or so it feels), so my answers on it will still be the same.

I still currently live with my folks. I am steadily saving up enough money to forge out on my own and eventually move out, as I don't want to live under my parent's roof for my whole life - indeed, I feel that to be most effective I'll need to separate myself from my relatives as much as possible. I don't bear them any ill will, of course, but I'm not as mobile as I would want.

Though, given how I live in an area with a rather high cost of living, that may be quite a while before that happens. I will most certainly attempt to hold and retain a stable job long before moving out, so I predict.

5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I am only 17 so I live with my parents, I have a small room at the moment. I plan to got to college this year once I graduate, my parents want me to live at home since it is 20 mins away but I want to live on campus in the dorms.

6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I'm living with my parents but I'd like to move out someday, at least before or sometime after I'm 22. People move at their different paces and me... well, I wanna move. :') But I enjoy my parents company, don't get me wrong.

7. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    Living in a cramped apartment with my elderly mother and step father.
    It's not so bad but sometimes tensions can run high. I've got my own room at least.

8. DecemberWildfire

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    I've been living on my own with roommates for several years now :). I currently have three other people living with me in a 2 bed/2 bath apartment. Hoping to downsize in the near future though because it does get a bit crowded. Unfortunately this city is ridiculously expensive to live in because it's a college town. :/

9. Strytho

Strytho Giveaway Enthusiast

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽485.4
    Friend Ball ★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Lure Ball ★★★★Basic Gary Oak ★
    I currently live with my parents, my sister, and my niece. We live together in order to save money and to help each other out. we live in 4 bedrooms, 2 upstairs, and 2 in the basement. there are 2 bathrroms upstairs and a small kitchen and dining room area along with a good sized living room with a fireplace.

10. Dusty

Dusty Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽54.1
    I live alone in an apartment. It's an old building but well maintained. Has a good sized living room, small kitchen area off to one side, a bathroom and a bedroom. There's a lack of windows and they both face the same direction, and the view has now been obstructed by a new huge building still in the works for folks wealthier than I, but I am thankful to have it.

11. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    I live at home with my mother. I don't know how much longer it's going to last, since my mom is so worn out all the time, and recently keeps thinking that she needs to go into a nursing home, which would mean selling our house and I would either have to go into a group home or an apartment (I'm hoping not the former-I absolutely dread the idea of living in a group home for the rest of my life). It's too bad I can't move in with my dad, since he's living with two of my aunts and my cousin and his girlfriend. (I have so much stuff now, and their house has all kinds of things also. I've been looking through my belongings off and on, but I have a hard time getting rid of anything.)

12. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I'm definitely going to get my own place soon, even if it's just to blast my music really loud and have a pet snake...or two...or five...
    #MissingNo

13. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I live with my parents still, but that is most out of convenience because my room is big enough to be its own apartment and my university is less than an hour away on a good day. I do plan on moving out, after I finish schooling, when I find a job that can support me, whether it is with roommates or on my own I am not sure.

14. CharlieWeasleyfan

Shiny Roggenrola
    (Roggenrola)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽201.2
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeRocky Helmet ★★★★★Staff of VerityExp. Share ★★
    I live with my parents and a pup. Pretty fun but the puppy part is harder when I'm alone

15. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Living with mom and siblings, planning to move after some months. Last week I moved to my own room yay!!! Privacity for the Win! xD

16. LadySmugleaf

LadySmugleaf Cries in Poetry

PokéPoints:
    ₽1,085.9
    I love with my parents and 6 siblings (two moved out). I hope to be able to be independent, but that might not happen until after I finish college.

17. Crest

Crest Hex Maniac

Tirion
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽198.0
    I'm only just wrapping up high school (as of the end of this month), so I still live at home with my mom and my older brother. I probably won't be stable enough to move out until I'm partially through or done with college, but I really hope that day comes soon... I'm eventually planning to move out of the state to live with my bf/other friends, though it'll be a long time before we're finally able to make it happen.

18. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Currently, living in a house around campus. It's okay, except that I don't really know my housemates. They lowkey scare me. Of course, I really miss my parents. Living on your own is hard. You have to worry about rent, cooking, cleaning, parking, and the whole shabang. I wanna go back home.

19. Jupjami

Jupjami Thy friendly neighbourhood birb shaman

Hollow
    (Trevenant)
    Level 66
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7,572.7
    Leaf Stone ★★★Dragon Scale ★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Įa lives in condom + - -inium xaxaxa  

20. Chicken

Chicken Cringe Overlord

Sven
    (Fennekin)
    Level 51
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,412.1
    Ice Stone ★★★★Icy Rock ★★★
    I live with my parents, as I'm still attending school. We live in an apartment because there are no houses in the urban areas of Hong Kong, though ours is about the same size as an average American house. (The average Hong Kong person lives in a 500sq ft apartment, while ours is 2000sq ft)