1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Starting Nuzlocker tips

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by masterofmalor, Feb 18, 2017.

1. masterofmalor

PokéPoints:
    ₽52.6
    Hello, as of now I'm currently going to start a Nuzlocke challenge of every main series Pokémon game (I don't own a copy of the Gamecube titles) and I wanted to hear some advice before I start. Rules you guys came up with, best starter/gift Pokémon and areas where there may be challenges. I will of course post it as a Journal when the time comes!

2. Seprix

Seprix Patron Sint

PokéPoints:
    ₽115.8
    Wouldn't it be more fun to figure out best strategies on your own? All you really need are the rules:

1. You must catch the first Pokémon you run into in every area. You get no other opportunities to catch Pokémon.
    2. If your Pokémon faints, release it. It is dead.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. masterofmalor

PokéPoints:
    ₽52.6
    Fair Point. Ya know what I will!

4. LunarRabbitPikachu

LunarRabbitPikachu Angel of the Moon

Saura
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 13
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.7
    Moon Ball ★★★★Poké Ball ★GS Ball ★★★★★Mario Mushroom ★
    When stating a Nuzlocke, keep in mind with what Seprix mentioned about 1st Pokémon encounters in the wild. Once you have PokéBalls to catch Pokémon, your nuzlocke challenge officially begins! Meaning, when you find Pokémon in the wild and you have PokéBalls, you can only catch the first Pokémon you see in that route. This is optional, nickname your Pokémon so it can help increase the bond & friendship you have with your Pokémon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    This may be more a personal thing but keep track of where events happened, like Mareep evolved at route 10 battling a hiker, and be sure to give the levels of the Pokémon at the end of each post you do.

6. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    If you want a bit of an extra challenge, you can limit how many times you can use the Pokémon Center in each town/city, restrict the number of healing items you can carry, or not carry any healing items at all. I've never tried any of those things, but if you think you're up to the challenge, it won't hurt to give it a go.