1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Best 'Pokemon' friend

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by masterofmalor, Feb 19, 2017.

1. masterofmalor

PokéPoints:
    ₽52.6
    This goes out to all of those who truly do believe that you form a bond with your Pokémon.

Mine has to go a shiny Vulpix my cousin gave me as my starter.

It's his favorite Kanto Pokémon and he gave it to me to play Pokémon Fire Red with, trading out the Pokémon I had (squirtle, so it worked out well for me!)

I always found a way to trade that Vulpix into my games, I've reset its EVs and trained it , the only Pokémon I've ever EV trained. But when he died, I put the current cartridge he was in (Platinum) away in a small box we had for all the stuff we were going to give him.

Then when gen 7 came out, I saw an alolan vulpix and named it "Mateo" after my cousin, not even a day later. My mother was asking me about some video game cartridge left behind the washing machine. It was Platinum, and it was the team I had in that game....including that Ninetales.

So what are your best friends in the World of Pokémon?

JadeFox likes this.
  2. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    So I had Platinum. I was on the Route below Solaceon Town, and I stumbled upon a Starivia. Granted, I already had one in my Pokédex, but I decided to throw a Repeat Ball at it.

Caught it.

But instead of throwing it in the PC box, I kept it in my party. I trained it a lot, and it eventually evolved into a Pokémon I hadn't seen yet. A Staraptor.

And. It. Was. Awesome.

I trained with it as if it was my starter (I still feel sorry for my Torterra), and conquered the Elite Four and Champion with it. My Staraptor was my first Lvl. 100 Pokémon.

Good times. And then Platinum got sold, and I haven't seen any of my guys since...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    Poliwrath. Every generation of the game I have played, I always got a Poliwrath. I don't know why, but that overgrown tadpole has been by my side since I started. I currently have two different level 100 Poliwraths, and I was able to transfer one of them to my Pokémon Moon game. I got it first as a level 40 Poliwhirl named "Hi" from my brother in trade. I know it is a stupid nickname, but I am always glad to have him on my team. Unfortunately, he is not great competitively though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Actually, my best buddy is a shiny Ninetales as well. I have always had a love for Vulpix and Ninetales from Blue onward and I always had either of them in the party if I could. Now I have my little family of Marth, Lucina (Regular shiny Vulpix and Ninetales), Tiki, and Robin (Alolan shiny Vulpix and Ninetales). Over the 17 years that I played, the Ninetales' that I had were my family every time, also my starters if I had access to two games from the same gen.

5. Kuroshi Heki

PokéPoints:
    ₽193.3
    In all the games I play I always form a strong bond with my starter which if a given. I almost always use it even after I was able to get a shiny decidueye in Moon I still use my starter one that I raised. I also formed a strong bond with the Ninetales that I had gotten as a Vulpix and trained and evolved into a Ninetales during the start of the game as well as the Absol I caught and tried very hard to catch that had super luck. I have shinies of all of these but still have a team that I center with the first ones I caught because I always feel attached to specific Pokémon that I refused to remove from my party until I beat the game when I had them. I always feel a strong bond towards these Pokémon. I always get really excited to use them and even love using the feature to play with them. So I guess my best buddies are my 3 Ninetales, my 2 Decidueyes and my 2 Absols.

6. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    For me, this would really have to be my Mega Glailie (named Pac-Women) from Omega Ruby. I had transferred that free Glailie with the Mega Stone from the demo into my game, but I never used it that early in game because it was over my trainer level. It wasn't until my Lavaridge Gym Battle that I had problems with beating the gym. So I went in with the Glailie. It helped me beat the Fire Type by pure sheer pushing through it.

Another one from Omega Ruby could be the Ralts to Gallade (named Komeada) that I had through the whole game. He was stuck as a Kirlia for the longest time, becoming the weak link, until I defeated Wally. As soon as I got the Dawn Stone, he became the Gallade he deserved to be, which did help out through the Elite 4.

In Pokémon Sun, this would likely go to my Bewear (Tyrone), Magnezone (Polarity), and Flygon (Storm Chaser) for the same reasons. I took some time out of going through the game to find and catch these Pokémon for my playthrough. They were always fighting for being the leader of the team to whole time, with each of them being the main killer of the strongest Pokémon trainers.

7. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    i really truly believe i had a bond with my delphox named charcoal in X. i loved them very much. i would always give them attention and pats and <3 then i sold X and never saw them again :c

i also think i have a bond with my mimikyu i got from a trade in the GTS. it's a japanese mimikyu and i didn't raise it from an egg or catch it, but i still think i have a true bond with it. i love them <3

8. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    @[member="kindred"], will you move your Delphox to Sun/Moon? :o

Hands down, my best buddy is PEEP the Empoleon I got in my first ever Pokémon game, Pokémon Diamond. Whenever a new gen comes out, I am sure to move him onto it ASAP! That being said.. I still haven't moved him to Gen 7 games. . :sweat: I want to train him up on Gen 6 first, anyways, I think!

I guess he'smy best buddy because he was my first Pokémon. I mean, I'd borrowed Pokémon game copies from friends and played through them, but it wasn't the same as owning my own copy, y'know? So yeah, PEEP is my homie

kindred likes this.
  9. kindred

kindred Collector

friend
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 20
    PokéPoints:
    ₽205.8
    i can't move my delphox from X bc i sold the game sadly and now they're gone forever

10. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    My best friend has to be FLASH the Luxray from Pearl. When I caught her as a Shinx, she instantly replaced my starter... and my other Pokémon... she was basically my overleveled starter :P

She's been through Sinnoh, Johto and Kanto... but I haven't moved her up to anything past 4th gen (I don't have PokeBank). She's a good teammate, and she was the first Pokémon I ever got to level 100. FLASH is definitely my Pokémon best friend, and she has been for seven years and many more to come.

11. RoosterHelmet

PokéPoints:
    ₽27.6
    Mine is Dr. Pepper, my shiny Ampharos. I've only had her since X, but she's my child and I love her

12. SnowboundBecca

SnowboundBecca Scarf Enthusiast

Jet Stone
    (Froakie)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,335.7
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Legendary Triforce ★★
    My best PokePal has to be my shiny Altaria, Light. He was caught during my very first Nuzlocke challenge in Emerald. He is my lucky charm~

And that's not all. Whenever I start a Nuzlocke challenge, I almost always get a random wild shiny Pokémon during them. In Black version, I caught a shiny Unfezant and Audino. In Y version, I caught a shiny Mareep and Nosepass (both from horde battles), a Floatzel and an Ursaring. In Platinum, I caught a shiny Golbat. And in Sun version, I caught a shiny Minior, Alolan Diglett, and Alolan Raticate.

13. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    My Serperior from Pokémon White. Pokémon White was my first main series game and Snivy was my starter. I trained my Serperior up to level 100 and transferred it all the way up to Sun where it became the first Pokémon I Hyper Trained.