1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokémon that look worse in 3D

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Achromatic, Feb 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    goggogogogo

[​IMG]

Has a really weird face. I'm not a fan.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,884.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Theres the really awkward 3D animation for Archeops, though i suppose it's frantic flailing is intentional.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Oh man it looks SO SILLY. I used to think this thing was so cool too. It's ruined. :')

4. Kuroshi Heki

PokéPoints:
    ₽193.3
    Uxie, Mesprit and Azelf look pretty weird to me in 3d honestly.

5. Vanillite

Vanillite Cat Lady

PokéPoints:
    ₽139.4
    [​IMG]
    Purrlion. Omg, why did they make it walk on its hind legs? :S It makes me so uncomfortable. I just.. Why did they make it sit on all fours in BW, but then swap to hind legs in XY? Is it something to do with the anime? I've never seen the anime, so I'm not sure how Purrloin looks in it. But if Purrloin does walk on its hind legs in the anime.. Why on earth did they make it walk on all fours in BW? :S So strange!

6. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I really hate the Xatu 3D model because its Pokédex entry clearly says that it sits still all day long and yet its model has it in the air, flying.

SawstheSawsbuck, Gwoomy and Kimochiru like this.
  7. Seprix

Seprix Patron Sint

PokéPoints:
    ₽115.8
    Nosepass was ruined.

[​IMG] to [​IMG]

See, even that guy hates it!

8. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I'd have to say that Tropius and Skarmory are the funniest. Just because they're flying oddly, when Tropius just looks so wrong on the Sprite and Skarmory looks really awkward just cuz his giant metal bird the that's just floating.

Kimochiru likes this.
  9. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    The weirdest are definitely the Lake trio. They went from being pretty cool to looking outright alien and uncomfortable to look at. I'm sorry, Azelf.

Cadbberry likes this.
  10. Fizzysoda

Fizzysoda Valor Lake Cryptid

(Jirachi Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,390.9
    Soda Pop ★Reaper Cloth ★★★Amulet Coin ★★★
    hfrashdhg I agree with you on Tropius it looks pretty darn ridiculous. I mean, it's just floating. How does a creature that big and heavy stay afloat with just two banana leaves for wings? It doesn't even flap those wings at all it's just levitating

[3D='tropius']

Cadbberry likes this.
  11. Smooshie

Smooshie Feebas Enthusiast

Mimi
    (Feebas)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽270.2
    For me it's Emolga. It was pretty cute in B&W but when it came to X&Y, it just looked so round and not cute.

12. Blazonix

Blazonix Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽788.8
    The worst ones for me are Hippowdon and Skarmory. There was another that made me cringe, but I can't remember what it was.

13. Drew Blackstone

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Marshtomp looks dead inside.

SawstheSawsbuck likes this.
  14. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Purugly is really not as pretty as its anime and art may give. It is so interesting looking with the tight waist by using its tail. Too bad the sprite makes it look like a broken tail that doesn't look like it makes contact with the body.

15. Kimochiru

PokéPoints:
    ₽82.7
    The one sprite that stood out the most for being awkward was definitely Xatu for me. It... it's flying?? After all the prior games and anime getting us to associate Xatu with the ground- canyons, prairies, psychic abilities in a standstill- the 3D sprite has it fly. It just completely broke that image.

16. Cadbberry

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    I was watching a youtube video and realized.... Crobat, mainly his weird looking lower wings look really ridiculous, they don't look like they would help him fly at all. Especially the shiny sprite- [​IMG]

17. An Evil Wizard

An Evil Wizard The Ironic Mage

Chef Boyardee
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.7
    Fightinium Z ★★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Beedrillite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    [​IMG]
    Shelmet's lips look even weirder in 3D than in 2D.

18. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    all of them
    ahem, saltiness about wanting them to stay pixel forever, I think theres some like tododile that end up a bit playdoughy and weird in 3D for sure. Also when someone here suggested Emolga, yes, the cute things tend to come out a bit off I think.

19. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I have to agree with this so much, Purloin should have stayed on four paws, not two.

20. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I think that Emolga looks pretty bad in 3D.
    Pixel: [​IMG]
    3D [​IMG]

Emolga looks so cute in it's pixelated form, and then it just looks ugly in the 3D. To be honest, the 3D Emolga looks a little angry...