1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Pokemon X Monotype Challenge

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Drew Blackstone, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Drew Blackstone

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Last night on a whim, I deleted my old save on X with the intention of starting a monotype challenge. With some help from random.org, I decided on the psychic type.

For those who don't know, the rules of the monotype challenge are pretty basic: I can only use Pokémon of (or that will later become) my chosen type. I can catch HM slaves if no available Pokémon of my chosen type can learn a required HM, but they must never be used in battle.

My progress so far:

I started the game, went through all the lengthy dialogue, and let my in-game "friends" know that I'm Sir Tristan to them. I picked Fennekin, and gave him the name Weasly.

I challenged and defeated Viola (with one hit point remaining, because I like to live dangerously), went through more dialogue, and spent probably like an hour hunting down a Ralts of each gender. I'll probably train them up a little before I head on.

Current team: ♂ Fennekin (Weasly), ♀ Ralts (Guinevere), ♂ Ralts (Lancelot)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Drew Blackstone

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I've been... well, busy isn't the right word, since I've done practically nothing these past couple days. Preoccupied? At any rate, I'm back to doing the thing.

I did some level grinding before heading to Lumiose City, where I had a mildly frustrating battle against Sycamore (who is handsome enough that I forgave him instantly) and Weasly evolved. I then picked one of the Kanto starters at random: a Squirtle, which I promptly boxed. He might find a use later on as trade fodder or an HM slave.

After having more plot and cutscenes thrown in my face, I tracked down the hair salon and retrieved the lens case (or whatever it's called, I forgot) from the PR Video Studio, so my in-game avatar is now even more fabulous. That important task fulfilled, I went to Route 5.

There I battled Tierno, did some more level grinding, and have a 5% chance of encountering an Abra. I'm still wondering if I should go for one or not.

I should probably check the earliest I can obtain a Dawn Stone for Lancelot. He's going to need it.

Current team: ♂ Braixen (Weasly), ♀ Ralts (Guinevere), ♂ Ralts (Lancelot)

3. Drew Blackstone

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    Dang, I've been neglecting this.

I decided against pursuing an Abra on the grounds that it is not worth it. So moving on!

At Parfum Palace, Shauna and I found that guy's Furfrou and cornered it, which only took like two minutes. After an emotionally charged (read: shippy) scene with amazing music and fireworks, a butler gave me (and presumably Shauna) the TM for Protect.

Subtle.

After restocking on items, I went to get that Snorlax out of the way. Guinevere growled at it a couple times, then I switched in Weasly and had him spam Howl and Flame Charge (using a super potion and a paralyze heal in the process) until the Snorlax went down.

After a bit of training at the Battle Chateau, I was forced into a battle against Tierno and Trevor alongside Serena. No one was kind enough to heal my team afterwards, so I had to go back to the Pokémon Center. Then I was on my way to Ambrette Town.

I didn't run into a single Zubat in the cave called Zubat's Roost, but I ran into an Inkay outside of it. Yay for a new team member!

Current team: ♂ Braixen (Weasly), ♀ Ralts (Guinevere), ♂ Ralts (Lancelot), ♀ Inkay (Papermate)

4. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    hahaha "sir to you!"
    Also omg the fennekin is Weasly XD

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...