1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Artistic Fears

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Griefing_g0lem, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I'm starting out as my own writer, of sorts. I kind of fear that every time I post, that what I post may be just hated, even though I know that this likely won't happen. Does this fear hit anyone else, or any other fears about your creative work affect you artist?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have that fear, I fear that I will be yelled at for not doing the character justice. I worry about there being a flaw or error as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kuroshi Heki

PokéPoints:
    ₽193.3
    I have that same fear that's why I haven't written in a while.

4. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    When I'm nearing finishing a picture I get the fear. It's a mix of fear and anticipation to people's reactions to it.
    Also when I got back into drawing after a 4 year art block I had crippling fear that I would fall back into the art block if I didn't draw multiple pictures a day and it really affected the quality of my earlier art. Nowadays I'm a lot more chill about the whole thing and know it's okay if I take a day or two off or leave a picture over night to finish it the next day.

5. Beffie

Beffie clear your cache

beautiful and perfect
    (Feebas)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,170.2
    Crown of ValorDawn Stone ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I have so many fears about my art and writing... for writing, I feel like people just won't read my work. Or they will yell at me for having the characters out of canon or something.

For art, the biggest fear is that everyone is simply lying to me that they like my style of art. This is why I'm somewhat afraid to post to other places...

6. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    My fear isn't that fans will hate me (Trust me, you'll know why eventually~) but rather that what I make doesn't get any recognition. I'm fine with it being a hidden gem, or underrated in any way, but the idea that no one even bothered with my works would be the most breaking...

7. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    My biggest fear with my writing is that no one will pay attention to the hours and hours of work I put into it because it's something people don't like and a lame JourneyFic concept. That's always why I'm so hesitant to post it to LV despite everyone supporting me doing so... it really doesn't affect the quality, but it does affect those thoughts of, "I'm finally gonna share this with you guys" as it just stops me dead in my tracks.

8. An Evil Wizard

An Evil Wizard The Ironic Mage

Chef Boyardee
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.7
    Fightinium Z ★★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Beedrillite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    One of my biggest drawing fears would have to be the reactions. I mean I'm still learning how to draw. I've only been drawing digitally since Christmas, 2015. My fear is slowly going away, yet it just won't completely disappear.

9. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    So when do my drawings, I'm initially excited, and happy for myself. And then one of my friends from school starts criticizing (note: she has drawn ALOT longer than I have). And I stress out. But then I think that if I keep drawing, I'll get better. And so far, people have liked my drawings here on LV. I still have that moment when I think, "Should I really share this?" But i end up doing it anyway!

Writing wise, I have that moment when I get that email saying that there's a review, and I'm like, "Oh God they're complaining about my story and that they don't like it-"
    Suprisingly, I've gotten mostly positive reviews on my fanfics. I've felt more assured with each chapter I post, but I still have that moment of where I'm not sure whether people will like it...

10. SyWry

Legendary Egg
    (Rayquaza Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,606.1
    I am afraid of what others think but not to the same extent that most people have. I have a different view on my work other than something I made. I see it more as an idea I have been playing around with in my head for a while and wrote it down. I choose to share it across the internet simply because it is a copy and button press away from doing so. I write for fun and not for others. So it doesn't bother me that much because I don't really care if others hate it. I only care that I convey my idea clearly.

11. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I'm personally afraid of other people dismissing my work as nothing. I think I write decently, and I don't like it when people slur on writing, and not just my own.
    #MissingNo

12. ConfettiCat

ConfettiCat ( ☞ゝω・)☞

PokéPoints:
    ₽564.8
    Blue Orb ★★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I am sometimes afraid of the reception of my works, but mostly I'm just afraid that things don't turn out like I wanted them to.

13. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    I do fear that what I write is just written off as bad. I put a lot of time in things and I can't stand people thinking it is bad.

14. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    I used to be afraid of hate on my creative work. Then it actually did happen, and I found out that haters are neither considerate nor intelligent. So I wouldn't worry about that, @Griefing_g0lem .

On the other hand, I'm most afraid of not properly conveying a certain emotion to my reader. I want to impact my reader in some way at all times, and if I can't do that, well I feel I've failed as a writer. That's really what I fear. But as you learn and perform, you eventually get better at it.

15. Vigilance

Vigilance once here, now gone

Fletchling
    (Fletchling)
    Level 54
    PokéPoints:
    ₽404.2
    Master BallGold Bottle Cap ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Beast Ball ★★★★Staff of Verity
    I'm worried that I won't meet my own standards and that my work won't stick out.

16. Wings

Static
    (Shinx)
    Level 100
    PokéPoints:
    ₽677.2
    That my pictures on paper will look nothing like the pictures in my head. That's always frustrating.

17. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    I do have that fear, actually. With the fanfic I'm currently writing rn and with future stories I plan in mind on doing. I mostly tell myself to hope that things would go well. :c

18. Wolf Expert

Wolf Expert Canine Scholar

Wolf
    (Riolu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽761.2
    Moon Ball ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Premier Ball ★Friend Ball ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★
    I have the worst social anxiety, but I've been getting on pretty well on LV so far. I think the most important thing is just to write or whatever for yourself first and foremost and just keep doing it without worrying what anyone else thinks. As long as you're having fun with it, other people's opinions shouldn't matter. Aside from that, there are always going to be people similar to you who will like what you have to say.

That being said, I still have a lot of trouble following my own advice at times.

19. Sonic Ramon

PokéPoints:
    ₽10.6
    Well you're not the only one, bud. I tend to have emotional problems due to my special condition. So with thinking about other people's opinions on the things I do has gotten me to worry at times. x.x

20. BZRich64

BZRich64 The Mustachiod Machamp

Late For A Date
    (Bunnelby)
    Level 14
    PokéPoints:
    ₽6,943.7
    When I started my fic Four Journeys, I was worried about people not liking it for reasons such as not keeping characters close enough to canon. And then the one person who's left reviews on it kept complaining about the fact that Ash is in character, so I don't even know what to think anymore. I'm also kind of worried about the fact that I have friends and family (mostly family) who read it or plan on reading it eventually, but know next to nothing about Pokémon, meaning I have to try and make the story coherent for non-Pokémon fans but I don't feel like I'm doing a good job in that aspect. And I'm keeping myself to too tight a schedule with no real breathing room or anything (two chapters a week? What am I thinking, I'm not even sure how I've kept up with that so far). Well, that was more than I was planning on venting about, oh well.