1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Early Route Rejects

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by Mandriel, Mar 8, 2017.

1. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    Red Orb ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Does anybody catch and train the com mons you encounter toward the beginning of the games? I'm talking about pidgey, bidoof, sentret, wurmple, lillipup, etc. Has anybody challenged the Pokémon League with one of them?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    I used a stoutland on my team in Pokémon black. And I used Pidgeot in Alpha Sapphire.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    If the Starly line counts, which I doubt because of their competitive presence, then yeah. I always had a Staraptor on my team when I played through Gen 4.

4. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    Usually, when HMs were still a thing I'd end up keeping the early route bird in my team for the whole game.

Kimochiru likes this.
  5. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    I have always kept my regional bird to the end, every region.

6. An Evil Wizard

An Evil Wizard The Ironic Mage

Chef Boyardee
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.7
    Fightinium Z ★★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Beedrillite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    If the reject's a bird then there is a high chance I caught and used it.

7. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Usually the birds can be pretty useful, however one time I played through White with just Pokémon I could find in the early routes, this was lillipup purrloin pidove munna and pansear, along with a oshawott that never reached its final stage. It was pretty difficult, though the psychic and fire types really helped.

8. Rafael

Rafael Math Geek

Odd Egg
    (Odd Egg)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,073.8
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Star Piece ★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★
    Whenever I start a game, I already decide my full team beforehand. I do catch Pokémon in the early routes but I only use them as fillers while I haven't caught the rest of my team yet. I guess they still get trained to higher levels when I'm using the Exp Share, but I don't really focus on them much.

9. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    I used a stoutland too in a playthrough of White. Though I only really used it because I was playing a Nuzlocke... All the same, I was surprised at how useful it was.

10. Hraesvelgr

Hraesvelgr Snek in Your Boot

Zapdos Egg
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,794.7
    Trainer Card - Cave ThemeDragon Fang ★★★★Philosopher's CowlWater Stone ★★★Great Ball ★★
    I sure have, many times especially pidgeot because I love that one, I've also taken a Rattata to the league way back in Red version. Generally is not uncommon for me to use the early route mons especially if I do a nuzlocke because I don't really have the luxury of a choice there.

11. Kuroshi Heki

PokéPoints:
    ₽193.3
    I always keep them and use them for when I get better Pokémon but as far as I can remember there are never ones that I fully train since I always work for a certain team in each game and post game I always work for a certain team which I have only achieved in Pokémon Moon so far.

12. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Pidgeot, Furret, Swellow, Luxray and Staraptor, Liepard, Talonflame. I think I used an Early route Pokémon for most of my playthroughs at one point in time.

13. Griefing_g0lem

Griefing_g0lem Three Minded

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    By Route 2 in Pokémon Sun, I already had a Magnemite, Slowpoke, and Drifloon on my team. They helped me to beat the League. I would call them early.

Mandriel likes this.
  14. DecemberWildfire

PokéPoints:
    ₽84.0
    I think it just depended on who they were and how much I liked them lol. I think I always kept Pikachu, Plusle, Minun, and maybe Skitty. And of course there was always that one Pokémon who became the HM decoy with the weaker moves like Cut, Flash, etc.

Mandriel likes this.
  15. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I had Starly and Shinx when I had Platinum and Fletchling in Y. And lemme tell y'all something. STARAPTOR WAS A BOSS.

Mandriel likes this.
  16. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I highly doubt this counts. But I kept Gawaine the Vikavolt for most of Sun, although I replaced her with Nebby the Solgaleo for the League. In ORAS, I had a Zigzagoon called Bandit that ended up at Level 84 last time I checked. I was going to use him as my HM slave, but he became useful for weakening 'Mons so I kept him around.
    #MissingNo

Mandriel likes this.
  17. Mandriel

Mandriel Valor Knight

Agravaine
    (Giratina Egg)
    Level 15
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.9
    I had a grubbin for a while, but it was slower than the rest of my party so I replaced it.

A level 84 linoone sounds awesome.

18. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    For some reason, in Sun every 'Mon I caught myself had god-awful Speed. I tried everything and eventually they became faster, but it was a long, hard slog.
    It is awesome! I tried taking on the Battle Resort with him and got pretty far in Triple Battles.
    #MissingNo

Mandriel likes this.
  19. Kimochiru

PokéPoints:
    ₽82.7
    For the most part, I do keep one or two "Early Routers" on my team. The birds in prior gens, especially, due to Fly.

Unfortunately I never had the experience of using Staraptor on my main team, so when a gen IV remake happens, you'll know who is on my team!

20. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I have to agree about using the regional bird for the HM, but now that's not needed I really doubt I'll use them alll the way through. In SuMo I've used the regional a little bit but only because I like grinding up everything a bit at the start, once I can catch it's evolved form in the wild and have the livedex spot filled I won't be using it.

Mandriel likes this.