1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

DANGER LAND (Interactive Adventure)

Discussion in 'Game Corner' started by Seprix, Mar 10, 2017.

1. Seprix

Seprix Patron Sint

PokéPoints:
    ₽115.8
    John woke up. His head was groggy. It was a strange and dark place. He looked around. He didn't see anything. Of course, it didn't help that he was blind. A voice called out to him.

"Joooooohhhnnnnn..."

John turned his head. What was that?

"Hello? Who is that? Mom?"

"Jooooooooohhhhnnnn, come to meeeeee..."

John was incredibly confused. He decided to obey the voice. He felt around for his precious walking stick. Now, where was it?

"...oh, right. I forgot you're blind. You should be able to see now."

Suddenly, the world appeared in dazzling light! ...or it would have, if it wasn't dark. John objected.

"I see no difference in my location."

"It's uh, dark in here. Trust me, you can see now."

"People don't just become unblind!"

"Magic is pretty useful, John."

"Wait, how do you know my name?" John panicked. "Where am I? How did I get here? Who are you?"

"We don't have much time to talk because fuck you that's why. I am going to give you three things, John. You have to make it out of this incredibly dangerous land alive. Is that good enough for you?"

"Not really!"

"I'll explain stuff later, dude. Pick your items."

Suddenly, beams of light from above illuminated 5 pedestals beside John! After John finished weeping with joy for 3 minutes because he could see again, he started to examine around the room first. It was a small room, with dark green walls and a door. John looked up. There was a speaker and some lights.

"Remember John, you can only pick three items. Choose wisely."

John ran to the door, and tried it. it didn't open.

"Hey, idiot. I said pick three items."

"Let me out of here!", John screamed, banging on the door. "Let me out!"

"I'll open the door when you pick your three items. Are you going to pick items, or what?"

John sighed and approached the pedestals. He began examining them. The first item was a packet of gum.

"What on earth am I going to use this for?", John protested. "It's a packet of gum!"

"It's no ordinary packet of gum. When you consume a piece, you are able to legally change your name for 15 minutes."

"That's stupid! I'm not picking that one!"

"Suit yourself."

John looked to the other items. They were all kind of crappy. There was a broken yo-yo, an incredibly heavy brick, a pink twig, and an empty glass jar.

"They all do kind of interesting stuff. The twig is my favorite. When you lick it, you glow in the dark. Lick it again to stop glowing."

John screamed. "What kind of sick game is this!?"

"Okay, whatever dude. The yo-yo lets you run really fast, but you end up tripping a lot. The incredibly heavy brick doesn't really do anything. It's just really heavy. Might be easy to kill things with it, if you can lift it. Lastly, the glass jar can be used for storing something. Like water. Or lava. It can store anything really."

"Okay, so like, how do I carry all of these things?"

"It's in your inventory! Duh!"

"Oh, like a video game."

"Kind of! Now, pick your items."

DECISION TIME

What items should John take? Choose three, and give reasons why. (they may become part of the story!)

1. Gum
    2. Twig
    3. Yo-yo
    4. Brick
    5. Jar

What will happen next? Will John escape from the land he hasn't even seen yet? Find out in the next post, released whenever I feel like it!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Arc1Dragon likes this.
  2. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    Sweet! Shenanigans that I only have to feed into, and I am not at all responsible for the results!
    I'm in.

I choose:

The brick - Sometimes the simplest thing is the most effective one. It is, as stated, a perfectly ordinary brick, and because of that it can be used just like one - a small pedestal, an improvised weapon, or even the last piece of a magically enchanted wall. No obvious drawbacks to it either besides its weight.
    The jar - It can carry anything? Even lava, apparently? I'd be an idiot to pass something like that up.
    The twig - The third one was the hardest to pick because the other items are basically useless. A glowing capability will help when in a dark location, as it can double as a light source (somewhat). It may be mundane and counterproductive, but being able to see in the dark will have at least some uses.

3. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I'm gonna go with

1.) The Gum, because an identity crisis is the last thing he needs in a seemingly 'dangerous' (play on the title) situation, and that would be nice.

2.) The Twig. Lick it, voila, God makes light. Lick it again, boom, into darkness. Makes for a good flashlight.

3.) The Jar. Because desperate times call for desperate jars.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Alright. I choose...
    the brick, because an early weapon is always helpful
    The Jar, If legend of Zelda has taught me anything, glass jars are valuable.
    and the yo-yo, since speed, even if you trip, might be helpful. if you keep it short, maybe you can do it without tripping

5. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    1. The stick. It's always good to have a light source

2. The Gum. You never know when you'll need to change your name

3. Glass Jar. Empty bottles are useful in Zelda so they should be useful here

6. Seprix

Seprix Patron Sint

PokéPoints:
    ₽115.8
    Shocking that people are even voting for the gum.

JadeFox and Arc1Dragon like this.
  7. Eclipse

SkittleBox
    (Staryu)
    Level 82
    PokéPoints:
    ₽7.0
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★Luxury Ball ★★★Comet Shard ★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    If you give any option, no matter how stupid, somebody will take it, even if only once.

Arc1Dragon and Seprix like this.