1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Beasts From Beyond {IllusionFox and ~Nova~}

Discussion in 'Roleplay Institute' started by JadeFox, Mar 12, 2017.

1. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Hello everyone, this is Beasts From Beyond! This is gonna be a role play between me, @TheIllusionFox, and @[member="~Nova~"]!

[​IMG]

Name: Noctus
    Personality: He's a mostly quiet person, and is ashamed by the superstition of 'The Disaster Pokémon'. He feels like he's been rejected from society, and does not interact with most people. He cares about people and Pokémon, though, but is not exactly helpful in battle...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    Yay, roleplay!

[​IMG]

Name: Rai
    Short Description: Rai is very energetic, and can be found annoying quite easily. She has a hard time taking things seriously, except when it comes to those close to her being in danger. She likes pancakes but dislikes being compared to Raichu's Alolan form. She can sometimes be headstrong, and gets herself into trouble easily, and sometimes acts oblivious, which causes most to underestimate her.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Noctus sat at a little dining table in one of the few restaurants in Canalave City, poking at his food with a fork. The waiter who had been serving him had stuck him in a little corner, probably hoping that she wouldn't have to talk to him.

He groaned as he felt a headache rolling in. "Ugh... Another one...?" He thought to himself, massaging his forehead slowly. He had headaches every once and a while, but this one seemed to be stronger than most.

His eyes stopped working, and his vision was immediately plunged into darkness. No sound either. "Hello?" He called out, hoping that he would grab someone's attention. Instead, he heard a high pitched scream, and he covered his ears from the sound. The darkness faded, revealing a ring of unstable energy. It pulsated at odd incriments, giving Noctus a sense of uneasiness. He heard the scream again, and noticed that a bulbous shape was coming out of the ring. It floated out slowly, and it screamed once more. There was the sense that it was beautiful, but dangerous. The ring started to go out of control, its size increasing and decreasing rapidly. The creature moved forward at an almost instantaneous speed and-

His eyes snapped open, and he stood up out of fear. He heard a large crash, and realized that all of the contents on the table had fallen off. He felt eyes from almost every angle watching him, and he quickly left the restaurant before anyone said anything.

4. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    Rai was staring out at the piers, admiring the nice yet windy day. She felt a passing couple cast her glares as they passed by, but she ignored them. She was used to it, and it wasn't like she cared, actually.

She was about to continue on her way when she noticed a guy who looked around her age coming her way. What caught her off-guard, though, was the dark blue horn protruding out of the side of his head. Her right ear twitched as he passed.

"...Mysterious..." Rai muttered to herself, and began following him.

5. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Noctus tugged on the door to the Canalave Library a couple of times, the hinges not wanting to move. After a few tries, the door creaked open, and he stepped in.

The librarian at the front desk gave him a look of disgust, but he paid her no heed. He didn't have the time to put up with that. He instead headed upstairs, towards the shelves of books that served for research purposes.

He pulled one out, skimming its pages for what he was looking for. "That creature... it has to be here somewhere..." Nothing. He put the book back on the shelf, and pulled out a couple more. "Might as well stay here for the day," He muttered, continuing his search.

6. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    Rai followed the guy into the nearby library. She waved at the librarian, who rolled her eyes at the thought of two hybrids at once. Rai stopped her friendly attitude, gave her a glare, and followed the guy upstairs.

Rai hadn't been in Canalave long, and had never been to the library. She watched as the guy flicked through a book, and put it back before walking off. Rai went ot the shelf and tried to see what book he had been looking at, but she hadn't paid attention and didn't know which one it was.

She wondered why she was following a stranger before continuing after him.

7. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Noctus brought the small stack of books back to the table he had been sitting at, and continued searching. "Nope... Nope... Definitely not... This is getting repetitive now..." He sighed heavily, and closed the book he had with a quiet slam.

He got back up, and wandered over to the book's shelf when he noticed that a girl had been watching him. "Heh, it's no surprise," He thought to himself as he walked back to his seat. He could tell that she was watching him, even though she had tried not to be so obvious. She even looked to see what books he had gotten!

He made a quick glance at her again, noticing that she was very different than most people. She had somewhat large and curly ears, and a long tail with an electric bolt design at its end. He turned back towards his book before anything happened and continued searching.

8. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    Rai took a step back as she realized the guy had noticed her.

"Abort mission!" she whispered, then hid behind some shelves. "Wait, no... Mission Continue!"

Deciding to blend in more, Rai grabbed a book about Myths and Legends and sat down at a table somewhat close to the guy and flippe through the pages, half-reading, half-watching him.

9. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Noctus watched the girl sit down at a nearby table in the corner of his eye. She had a book in her hands, but he could tell that she was fake reading.

Instead of doing something about it, he flipped through the pages of his book. No success once again. He groaned, and stood up to go put the book away.

That was when he had the idea.

He grinned, and took the stack of books towards the bookshelf it belonged to. He put them in their place, and instead of heading back to his table, he walked towards the next set of stairs. He went upstairs, making sure not to look back.

10. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    When Rai realized the guy had left, she sighed. Deciding to take the book with her, because it was actually interesting. After he put away a stack of books and went up the stairs, she began to follow them, then paused, mid-step.

"...Why am I stalking him?" she wondered. She shook her head and continued, deciding that, the next time the guy noticed her, she would be less creepy and approach him.

...That actually still sounds creepy.

11. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Noctus continued up the stairs, not looking back. No one else was there, or at least he hoped, and he halfway went to turn around. He stopped himself when he remembered his plan.

He took each step, one at a time, listening to his surroundings. When he noticed another set of footsteps coming from behind him, he turned around a bit violently.

It was that girl, a book clenched in her hands. The same one she had had before he left his table. "What do you want with me?" He muttered quietly, hoping that she wouldn't answer.

12. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    "Uh... hi," Rai said slowly. "'Sup?"

ABORT MISSION flashed in her mind.

"I just wanted to know what you're doing here. You seemed to be in a hurry. I got curious."

13. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Noctus relaxed slightly. It was just some girl who got curious. There wasn't a need to worry. But he still had an odd feeling of dread, even though he couldn't pinpoint what it was.

He sighed, and then continued to head up the stairs. "There's nothing you need to worry about. Just go back to your book."

14. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    "But nooo!" Rai cried, dashing after him. "Tell me what you're doing! I'm bored and need something to do!"

15. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "Ugh," He muttered to himself. "Was this girl always like this?" He really didn't want to know. "Why don't you read that book of yours? Isn't that the reason you got it?" The only reason he was being louder than usual was because of the fact that he wanted for this girl to get off of his back. "I have things I have to do. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to do some research."

16. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    Rai didn't move. "Actually, no, I got it because it was near the section you were looking in. I just wanted to see what you were doing! ...Okay, I swear I'm not a creepy stalker. And no! I'll leave you alone if you just tell me what you're doing."

17. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Noctus raised an eyebrow at her. He was officially concerned for her. But should he really tell her...? About... it?

He decided to keep it vague. "I'm looking for a certain... Pokémon... it must be rare, since I can't find it anywhere in any of the books I've found. I really need to keep looking for it... something may happen if I don't..."

18. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    "Did you happen to try the book all about rare Pokémon and stuff?" Rai asked, holding up the she was holding book for him to see. "Legendaries and things like that."

19. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    "No...," He answered, taking the book from the girl's hand. He felt a bit rude for doing it, but he had to check to make sure. He flipped through the book's pages furiously. The Lake Guardians... the Weather Trio... the Swords of Justice... but nothing about-

His heart almost stopped when he reached one of the last pages of the book. His face turned pale, and he looked at the image there again. He wasn't hallucinating; the creature was right there.

His balance seemed to totter a bit, and he had to lean against the side of the stairs in order for him to keep him upright. His breath seemed a bit more ragged than usual. But it was worth it. He found it.

20. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    "You okay?" Rai asked when the guy started acting weird. "What is it? Oh, also, I was right. As always." She leaned over, trying to see which page he had stopped on.