1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

So... what do you prefer more...

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by DeathxVictory, Mar 16, 2017.

?

Z-moves or Mega Evolution?

1. Mega Evolution

73.7%
  2. Z-Moves

26.3%
  1. DeathxVictory

DeathxVictory 空̛̜̝͎̪̥̣ͪ͢虚̩̩͕̫̜̠̲ͫͤ

PokéPoints:
    ₽76.8
    GS Ball ★★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Premier Ball ★
    I dunno if this has been done however i was curious, for all members who wish to participate.​
    What do you like more​
    ( or hate the least)​
    Can you explain why you feel that way?​
    For me: I loath mega evolution, it was so secluded to specific Pokémon, it over powered those Pokémon and made the online battle not as fun and sometimes too predictable. You expect a team to have all 6 Pokémon being able to mega evolve and most of the time they are garchomp, lucario, salamence, primal kyogre, primal groudon. rayquaza, blazakin, mewtwo, pinsr ( can go on and on )​
    So little in the amounts for megas and most break battle more so then z-moves. At least with z-moves all Pokémon have a chance to use them once. they may still be op but its a... little more fair then mega evolution. I can abuse a dunsparce with a z-move and have a fighting chance. with the limited megas .... its just you know Pokémon you may like are not viable vs the mega's selected to be a mega. with z-moves they are kinda a little more viable the floor is a little more even. Not much but it is better then mega's IMO​
    now remember this thread will be very opinion based but it is fun to see what people think!​

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. MetaKnightmareUltra

PokéPoints:
    ₽147.6
    i really don't like z- moves, they feel lik a cheap tactic, and you end up failing miserably because a stupid cpu used one, and there's no way to block it. i hate z moves so much.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Skittle

Skittle daijoubu

Swablu
    (Swablu)
    Level 24
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,602.3
    Comet Shard ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★Whipped Dream ★★★★
    I can't really say which one I prefer. While all my favorite Pokémon (but one, RIP Milotic) can Mega Evolve, I would've loved to see more Mega Evolutions. Now, I don't do competitive, but I would say some of them are a little over the top powerful. And in S/M, you need to get the Mega Stones with Battle Points, something that people like me would never be able to do in a day.

On the other hand, Z-Moves can be used by any Pokémon and have saved my skin in tight spots in the past, but they can be a bit overpowered at times as well. Z-Moves do have some limited Z-Crystals, which really doesn't help the underloved Pokémon get into the spotlight. And they really can't be blocked and Protect fails against them... overpowered a bit again.

So it's an equal fight here... but if I had to choose a favorite, I'm going with Mega Evolution. To me, it's simpler to understand and use, and the designs are pretty sweet.

4. Drew Blackstone

PokéPoints:
    ₽58.7
    I prefer mega evolution because ~cool aesthetic changes~ and my favorite Pokémon has one. I don't really do competitive though.

Z-moves are cool I guess, but I didn't really use them much.

5. DeathxVictory

PokéPoints:
    ₽76.8
    asthetic eh interesting.

6. An Evil Wizard

An Evil Wizard The Ironic Mage

Chef Boyardee
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.7
    Fightinium Z ★★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Beedrillite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I'd prefer mega evolutions over Z-moves. Only because most of the mega forms look pretty cool.

7. DeathxVictory

PokéPoints:
    ₽76.8
    The forms are kinda cool but apparently painful to the Pokémon from the dex entries sun and moon.... Like lucario the wavy lines are burns on his body from the raw energy from Mega evolution as he goes through a fast transformation. Funny how it reverses but it's kinda scary too.

8. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,746.6
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    My brother and I actually came up with a theory that unites the two lores that otherwise seem to conflict. Having a high friendship with your Pokémon mitigates the negative effects of Mega Evolution. For example If I caught a lucario, and took another and raised it with love and care, building friendship, they would be able to access the same power and forms, but the wild one would receive the negative impacts, such as burns and aggression, while the other would not. Probably because of sharing the stress through the bond, or some other nonsense.

Anyway for me I think that Mega Evolution is slightly better, but only because the animation is shorter, and isn't repeated.

Drew Blackstone and FireSpartan5 like this.
  9. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I honestly prefer Z-moves in some circumstances, but mega evolution in others. I do admit that some megas are a bit OP, but I like both functions and want to see more of each kind. Also, does anyone else notice that not-very-effective z-moves are almost as weak as the original move?

10. DeathxVictory

PokéPoints:
    ₽76.8
    I really like the idea you have there. Wish the games where more specific about it

11. UnstoppableGamer

UnstoppableGamer Attention Seeker~

(Azelf)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,435.0
    Great Ball ★★Poké Ball ★Dome Fossil ★★★Gardevoirite ★★★★
    Unlike Gamefreak apparently, I prefer Mega Evolution. This is because it can make some worthless Pokémon competitively viable. Look at Beedrill and Mawile for example. Two incredibly low tier Pokémon brought up to higher tiers, UU and Ubers respectively. So, for that reason alone is why I love Mega Evolution.

Also because they usually look cool...

DeathxVictory likes this.
  12. Morgaine

Morgaine Goddess of Shinies

Bolero
    (Litleo ♀)
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽5.7
    Crown of ValorSoothe Bell ★Heart Scale ★★Ice Stone ★★★★
    Mega Evolution. I hate the long Z-move animations and the Mega's animation is done in a short enough time. Not to mention that I used Mega Metagross and Mega Pidgeot a lot in AS. While I don't use Z-moves at all, just to much hassle.

13. Arc1Dragon

Arc1Dragon Just Monika

Kyurem Egg
    (Kyurem Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽878.9
    Crown of ValorPhilosopher's CowlStaff of VerityTapunium Z ★★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★
    Mega Evolution is better in my opinion. Z moves are great but all they are is attacks that do more damage and look fancy. Megas completely change the Pokémon and open up new possibilities for battle.

14. Weedle Enthusiast

Weedle Enthusiast Resident Weedle Enthusiast

Best Boi
    (Charjabug)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽57.8
    Crown of ValorDome Fossil ★★★
    Z-moves are neat, but not my style. I am not about one-use things in general. I like how the Megas boost some Pokémon, and create almost new Pokémon in some other cases.

15. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    I never made much use of Z-Moves. :( They're just so forgettable to me. Then again, I used to think megas were weird too and hardly used them, but during post game I got attached and started liking it a lot more. Hasn't happened yet with Z-Moves, but maybe it will? At least Mega evolutions have a new design so there's something interesting and new to look at, but Z-Moves are just... moves.