1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Sonic Mania: Discussion

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by MetaKnightmareUltra, Mar 19, 2017.

1. MetaKnightmareUltra

PokéPoints:
    ₽147.6
    Sonic's returning to his roots with Sonic Mania this summer! it's just been announced Flying Battery Zone is coming back for this game, here's a short trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyXg9kAp4Vc

so what do you think of this new game?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Phazon

PokéPoints:
    ₽77.3
    Finally! An actual good Sonic game without go-karts/edgehogs/guns/swords/time travel/deadly sux/werewolfs/ect...

I'm actually looking forward to this!

3. DeathxVictory

DeathxVictory 空̛̜̝͎̪̥̣ͪ͢虚̩̩͕̫̜̠̲ͫͤ

PokéPoints:
    ₽76.8
    GS Ball ★★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Premier Ball ★
    The roots are nice and they do need something to help push the games a little especially after sonic boom.... sorry guys but you really killed the characters and the game itself was... not good.​
    The idea that the sonic games are trying to not repeat their problems from before is nice I am just hoping the hype for the game will not kill it.​
    This is why we will never have a half life 3

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Seprix

Seprix Patron Sint

PokéPoints:
    ₽115.8
    I mean, Sonic is kind of a dead meme now, right? I replayed the early Sonic games, and they were not as good as I remember them. Sonic 2 was the best of the bunch.

Here's the problem with Sonic. The goal is to go fast. But everything gets in your way to prevent that! You can't see that far ahead of you! You have no time to react. So it's an overall somewhat miserable experience. It just doesn't work.

Really, the best way to fix Sonic, there is going to have to be a major overhaul. The past Sonic doesn't really work, and the modern Sonic is top cringe and way past uncool. I actually am of the probably unpopular opinion that 3D is the best platform for Sonic because that way you can go fast and see what's coming up.