1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Commercials that drive you nuts

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Otter Mii-kun, Mar 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    Any commercials on TV or radio that you are beyond sick of, to the point where you change the channel or shut off the TV/radio?

I have entire categories of commercials that I really hate. My number one type that I hate is the plethora of ads during daytime television by attorneys telling you to call them if you've been injured by some "defective drug" or implant, whether it be Xarelto, Pradaxa, bladder mesh, IVC filters, or even baby powder. With the frequency of these commercials these days, it's as if they think we don't know already that the drugs/implants they're suing are dangerous, even though they've been talking about them for months and months (or even years) on end. Besides, not only will your case be referred if you call these fly-by-night ambulance chasers, but you most likely will not get much if anything in compensation when your case settles.

2. Jhopthegamer

PokéPoints:
    ₽117.5
    the Cracker Barrel one of that guy singing. It just gets so catchy and it's just so annoying when it's ok my head all day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ~Nova~

~Nova~ Birby Friend

PokéPoints:
    ₽284.5
    I once saw a MyPillow commercial where a lady took her pillow out of the dryer, put it in an empty laundry basket, picked up the basket, and walked away.
    Why.

Also, there's this one YouTube ad that haunts me about "AirOptix Color Lenses"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Azazel

Azazel Better count your blessings

Diancie Egg
    (Diancie Egg)
    Level 8
    PokéPoints:
    ₽4,559.5
    HEAD ON APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD
    I can't think of anything else but gosh was that annoying

5. An Evil Wizard

An Evil Wizard The Ironic Mage

Chef Boyardee
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 25
    PokéPoints:
    ₽34.7
    Fightinium Z ★★★★Darkinum Z ★★★★Waterium Z ★★★★Beedrillite ★★★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTpXh33Mbeg

I don't really hate the advert, but there is one line that really does it for me. "Hi Billy Mays here!"

In his other advertisements that line gets louder. I swear one time when I was younger and had a thing for sleeping in the living room because I thought that was pretty cool this would play really late at night. Every time he yelled this line I would instantly wake up.

6. MetaKnightmareUltra

PokéPoints:
    ₽147.6
    i hate seeing the exact same commercial on youtube when viewing a specific channel. like this one about a tomato farm i could care less about.

most of the time i don't care about the ads and youtube should not be ad friendly anymore.

7. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Has anyone seen those 'Mr. Clean' commercials where Mr. Clean sings this weird song and goes through all this weird stuff? It drives me INSANE. I might appreciate it if everybody at my school didn't sing it TWENTY-FOUR FREAKING SEVEN. EVERYBODY. I know I'm exaggerating, but it seriously gets on my nerves. And it doesn't halp that it's really catchy. Seriously. I won't post the link here to spare the rest of you from the torture.
    #MissingNo
    #ScrewMrClean
    I'm sorry for that last one...

8. AeroHail

AeroHail No dogs on the moon

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽13,295.8
    Love Ball ★★★★★Grassium Z ★★★★King's Rock ★★★
    The UK have these adverts for a website called "go compare" but my gosh the singer is so aggressive about yelling "GO COMPARE! GO COMPARE!!" at you!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZndHQtTHlI
    That's an older one but you get the idea. We have new ones that are just as annoying with the same singer.

9. FireSpartan5

FireSpartan5 Pokémon Professor

Zane
    (Genesect Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.4
    Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★Tapunium Z ★★★★★Choice Specs ★★★★★Flame Orb ★★★★★
    I don't remember (or care) what it's called, but some pepperoni commercial with a one-man-band screaming "PEPPERONA!!!" Then he let out a drunken scream and bubbles flew around in the background. I saw it literally every day for the second half of last year and it drove me and my family crazy.

10. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    Tripledent Gum commercial.
    Help me.
    #MissingNo

11. Otter Mii-kun

PokéPoints:
    ₽0.0
    The cheesy opera singing in the commercial you posted reminds me of one for structured settlement buyout firm J. G. Wentworth, where people are singing "Call J. G. Wentworth. 877-CASH-NOW" repeatedly in opera style on a city bus.

Speaking of cheesy singing in commercials, there's cable provider Charter Communications (Charter Spectrum), which have actors singing about their bundle deals that they offer new customers. I've read complaints about these commercials on various places on the Web, including on a broadcasting message board that I frequent.
    Here's an example from last July:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC-LgSF89Xc
    To add insult to injury, Charter's commercials are run on almost every commercial break on all hours of the day on the major commercial stations that I get in my area (e.g. WNEM-TV 5, WJRT-TV 12, WEYI-TV 25, and WSMH 66). They tend to play at least as often, if not more so than attorney (including for Social Security Disability denials, bankruptcy, and defective drug lawsuits), political (during election season), and prescription drug (another category I really hate) ads combined.