1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Panerald (WIP)

Discussion in 'Literature Library' started by UnderTheMoon, Apr 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. UnderTheMoon

PokéPoints:
    ₽79.3
    Alright. So this is a story i've been working on, and it's gonna be SUUUPER long. Need an opinion on how it looks and sounds. I believe I rushed the end x_x

[SIZE=11pt]Prologue-[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Darkness had come early the morning of April 27th. The inhabitants of earth were afraid of what it meant, and by dawn two clever foxes and one solemn wolf would know the truth of this darkness. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]The white wolf that emerged from the dense forests of Pritha and entered the far Northwestern valleys of Chetan wore a leather vest covered by a thick armour around his shoulders and neck.. His eyes fell down to the dark valleys of Chetan, the bright lights of morning sweeped across them scaring away the fears that night brought. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]He sat down in the soft hillside grass, contemplating what to do. He ruffled the short defiant hairs between his ears. He remembered every detail that had led up to this event. The murder of Bharata, the burning of Chetan's valley and finally; the death of the Princess of the Whiteleaf Foxes. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]He pulled back the red cape that hung from his neck tightly and pulled out a small deerskin pouch that was connected to his neck by a small black string. He held it close in a tight fist and let go in an instant. The white wolf tucked it beneath the cape and stood up awkwardly as he saw what he had been waiting for to approach.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=11pt]He shook as he put his hand on his sword, preparing to draw and strike at the approaching herd of armoured deer with silver horns glistening in the sunlight, their metallic heavy war hammers just right behind the backs of their heads. He held is breath in fear and the clawing anticipation in his throat. He waited until they got just close enough before he dove back behind a tree, he gasped for breath. The deer were speaking", Raoul said the winters are colder in Frazabelli." another one spoke", He always says that, but how can we believe anything he says." the first deer spoke in an angered tone", he is our god, Tyler. We don't question him." Tyler spoke more angrily", We aren't the primary herd, you've never even seen him. How can you believe him?" another deer spoke even fiercer tone than the first", Tyler, Do not ever speak about Raoul like that. I will not hesitate to break your skull myself." Tyler grunted", That makes you no less of a traitor than me." The voice spoke in a sharp barking tone", I'd rather die defending Raoul's name than to stand here while you soil it." The white wolf looked across the tree trunk and watched the deer strut past, he dove back around, his large toes stepping on a twig that made a small creak. He heard the deer's ear flick quickly towards the noise. The barking voice spoke", Did you hear that?" Tyler grunted", You're hearing things again. Let's just get home." The deer were silent for a moment before their footsteps eventually trailed off. The white wolf pulled out his sword and let out swings onto the tree and screamed in pain. Tears came bursting from his eyes and he continued to slice at the tree until it leaned over to its side awkwardly, sap coming from the deep cuts like blood on a body. The wolf sank and cried into his arms, tucking his knees under his crossed arms and curling up into a ball. Darkness sank over the valley earlier that night, and beyond the Mukul river of Pritha, the activity was low and the noises spoke in hardly a whisper, for they feared what had been given to them. The dark amber eyed baby that had been born in their territory, one they refused to speak about. One they would hide from the world, but be unable to hide the world from it. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]CHAPTER 1[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The little dark amber eyed gray fox hid, her breath coming off in shallow puffs, white clouds of condensation rose from her muzzle. She heard her heartbeat in her ears, and felt the rushing sensation of blood in her fingertips. The small wooden stick on her back would occasionally tap on the bark of the fallen tree she was hiding in, and she feared every moment the tap tap tapping would perhaps bring her seeker near. Her ears perked for any signs of noise. Then suddenly she heard it, the rushing of footsteps. She knew exactly who's they were. She heard something jump on top of the log and tap their foot upon it a few times. Finally, a wooden stick like her own touched the nose of her muzzle. She snorted with laughter as she rolled from her hiding spot to view the soft brown eyes of Sydney and Harley. Sydney and Harley were her brother and sister, the offspring of Praynay and Dipti. Each of them wore beads of different colors around their necks, Sydney's and her own being bright blue beads and Harley's being a deep red color. Harley jumped from the log and spoke in a short bouncy tone fit for the voice of his age", That was a good hiding spot Mori, just try not to breathe so hard!" Mori shrugged him off, but Sydney joked", You're one to speak Harley, you're the one who snores the loudest of the entire tribe." Harley argued", I do not!" As the two argued Mori watched with amusement, the autumn sunset light catching their fur better than it ever had before. Harley did though get his father's markings, the clear distinguished white and blacks and it had the most majestic orange color you'd ever seen. It appeared as a red fire in this light, making it her favorite time of day to see her best friend. Sydney had her mother's fur, a bright imperially clean white. It reminded her of the first winter snow storm she'd ever seen, Dipti had told her it came from the mountains. Mori wasn't born normal. Dipti had told her she was special, her fur symbolized what she stood for. Mori was a gray fox, she had black ears, paws, and tail and the darkest amber eyes anyone had ever seen. Something was different about her though, she had dark spots and splatters spanning from her cheeks to the highest peak of her muzzle. Her clan hadn't ever said anything about them but sometimes the lions of Leo would look at her with narrowed angry eyes from across the river. A cub had once yelled the word Mudleg, which the lioness with him cuffed his ear and scolded him immediately after the incident. She wasn't allowed near the river anymore since then. Praynay had always been careful with those sort of things. Harley leapt down from the log and spoke calmly", The sun is going to disappear soon." Sydney corrected", Set. The sun is going to set soon." Harley seemed to mock his sister, who nudged him gently in response. Mori stood up, dusting off a few autumn leaves out of her fur before she spoke", Harley is right, we should head back." Sydney appeared sad, she didn't really get days away from her training. Sydney was going to be the spiritual guidance of the clan. She would train five days before getting two off. Harley comforted her", Don't worry, five days isn't too long." The three began to walk down the path that led down to their camp. Harley began to brag", Praynay gave me a knife, see?" He pulled out a short and sharp knife, its entire structure made up of bones and the leather that held the handle together. Harley began to swing it in the air, the faint whooshing sound of it cutting clean air echoed through the woods. Sydney began to complain", I don't understand why we need to be in so early. We should be old enough to stay out until at least the beginning of night." Harley looked at his sister", Praynay said they were picking up tracks outside of our camp, they were like wolf tracks but bigger." Mori shook her head", You're making up stories, wolves don't get bigger than what they already are. Its impossible, and besides they reside in the mountains and the territories clear east of here. They don't roam as loners, never have and never will." Harley growled with excitement", Well Titrit told me that they found wolf tracks near their boats" Sydney looked away with a twinge of annoyment", She's a lion, us foxes can't trust her. Besides, why are you hanging out with her? You know how Praynay is about foxes and lions, they just don't belong." Harley smirked slightly", Well when I am leader I am going to change that." Sydney sighed", Well unless you're willing to give up our stream, then the lions will never want to speak of a compromise." Mori added", Also they're going to want Mudleg's pelt back. He was the largest idol in the war until Finnick skinned him." Harley spoke", Well why do they need our stream? The skins are fine, I've always understood that. Maybe Titris will become leader and we can compromise together!" Sydney stopped Harley", Woah, woah, woah. You want to give Leo back their skin? No way! That's our heritage. You can't just pass it back, no big deal. Finnick was Praynay's father, why would you disrespect Praynay like that?" Harley looked at Sydney with a hurt look", What? I'm not trying to disrespect anyone, i'm just saying that the Leo's deserve their skins back." Sydney retorted", And Finnick died to protect our river. He knew that by skinning Mudleg we would be able to keep our stream! Doesnt that-" There was a sharp crackling of a stick closeby. Harley turned completely still, his ear flicking towards the sky and then bending awkwardly to the direction of the noise. Sydney squeaked", W-What was that..?" Harley shrugged", Probably just a patrol." Sydney whispered",I don't think patrols come out here during sunset... Wouldn't they be back at camp still, preparing to go out..?" Harley straightened his posture",They could be early... Either way we shouldn't stick around here for too long." Harley and Sydney began to walk again, Mori following closely behind them. Sydney squeaked", But what if it's the wolf..?" Mori sighed", Wolves don't travel alone, they travel in packs. Besides, they stay east, where it's colder." Suddenly something hit her nose and she reeled back in fear. It smelled of rot and death. Mori looked around frantically as they came closer to the camp and the sun seemingly drained faster and faster out of the sky with each frantic moment. Suddenly, when it was dark enough Mori noticed the dull golden eyes of the figure that was stalking behind them in the brush. Mori shouted", RUN!" They all ran, their feet drumming on the earth. Whatever had been following them was running directly behind them. In the darkness, Syndey tripped over a rock and she heard flesh rip. Mori and Harley stopped, afraid of what this meant. They heard the brushing of fur on the ground as the beast caught up with them. Mori suddenly tried to help the winter colored fox up, but she collapsed back onto the ground, holding her leg and crying in pain. She wailed", I-I can't... Please..." Harley lifted her up, she screamed in pain. Harley tried to drag her along but it was taking too long. The beast stopped in front of them, it bared its bright shiny teeth. It was on all fours, it was wild. How long had it been stalking them? It appeared grisled and furious. Mori pulled the small staff stick from her back and swung it at its face. Surprised, it flinched and snarled angrily at her. Mori hit the brown and white wolf three more times in different places before it became obvious to Mori, who had been standing completely away from Sydney's bloodied leg that she was what it was after. Mori began to run, picking up pace when she knew for sure the wolf was following her and not going back for Sydney. She felt the hot breath on her heels, she heard the snapping of powerful jaws. She looked desperately for some way to escape the dangers of its body, then she spotted it. The tall oak tree. If she could only reach the first branch this wolf would have no way to get her. Praynay would come, Harley and Sydney would be okay. She thought quickly, how to get up. She felt the stick in her hand drag against the ground for a split second. She had a few seconds to make this work, or she would die. With all the force she had, she slammed the skinniest part of the stick onto the ground and jumped as high as she could, scrambling up the stick to get to the first branch. She gripped the first branch, hauling her body up the tree. She looked down, the wolf waiting patiently beneath her. There was a snap, the first branch was beginning to break, it then creaked, and halfway broke off, causing her to slip and fall. She gripped onto her wooden stick with her right hand, and the first branch with her left. The wolf began to leap and nip at the hairs on her tail, trying to pull her down. She hit it with her stick- hard. The stick broke in half, and she then tried to jab the wolf with it. She heard the branch give its final creaking snap before she rolled onto the earth, her wooden stick impaled the earth and stuck upwards a few feet ahead of her. The wolf looked straight at her, nose bloody and a large scar beginning to bleed across his muzzle, it growled as its hackles raised and its body tensed up to prepare for the kill blow. She watched in fear as the wolf charged at her, its jaw unhinged. She crawled towards her stick that had caught in the earth and frantically tried to pull it out, but soon the wolf was upon her and she closed her eyes and she held her breath, prepared to face death. Warm liquid splashed against her face and across her legs. She felt its hot breath in her face, and smelt the death and rot in its jaws. She opened her eyes slowly. The wolf wiggled, snarling and roaring in frustration. Blood and guts were spilled across her lap, she remained in place with fear, the golden eyes dimmed and darkened. It panted and released a small growl from its muzzle every few moments before it let out a few whines and whimpers before the earth stood quiet. All night she looked into the eyes of the beast. The lone wolf that shouldn't have come. Mori didn't sleep, and she didn't speak. She didn't dare move. Praynay called for her, she never answered. One of the patrols that had been out all night searching found her, and immediately called for Praynay, not daring to move her. She remained silent as they pulled the heavy carcass of the dead wolf from her, blood and other fluids stained her clothes as they removed the organs and meat that weighed her legs down. Praynay pulled the lion skin robe from around himself and placed it around her. Mori stripped her clothes as Praynay ordered, covering her body with the robe for privacy. Praynay then tucked the robe closer around her, picking her up and carrying her back to camp. Harley looked up at her with soggy eyes. He cried as he ran to her, Praynay eventually spoke softly", Harley, not now. She needs rest." Harley whimpered", Is she hurt?" Praynay spoke softly", Not physically..." That day was the worst day. Praynay had always been careful about these things, being sure she was never hurt. That single incident. She remembered how Dipti had blamed Praynay for Sydney's limp for as long as Sydney trained to become the healer and even after she had. It was never the same afterwards. Mori hadn't been allowed to leave camp, even though she was the one who had killed the wolf and saved Harley and Sydney. After the incident Harley and Sydney couldn't leave anymore either, unless they were getting training. They would just play inside camp, it was no big deal. But now, Mori had felt the moon. She longed to stride the empty plains of Chetan, to feel wind in her fur. To hear the familiar noises of night. To watch the stars that were like millions of tiny little suns dance across the night sky. She had been told this was her home, but she didn't feel it was her destiny. Mori suddenly snapped back into focus. Dipti murmured", So... How was your day Mori?" Harley was silent beside Praynay, learning how to sharpen a sword. Sydney was looking down at the basket she was weaving to gather herbs since the previous one had been lost in the river. Mori had been daydreaming again. Longing to see the moon. It's all she could do these days. She had begged Praynay to make her a warrior or a hunter so she could leave camp and see the plains. He had told her no, and that it was dangerous. This was a few days ago, and she was still very upset about it. She shuffled around for a moment before sighing", Nothing special. Stayed in the tent.. Just.. Stayed there. You know?" Dipti frowned", Well did you craft something?" Mori looked at Dipti with bored eyes", Not really. Just sort of watched the rain." Dipti smiled, seemingly trying to appear optimistic", That sounds exciting!" Mori sighed with frustration", Yep." She didn't understand why Dipti had to lie. She knew that Dipti and Praynay knew what they were doing. At least Dipti seemed to have sympathy for the captive fox. She stood up, frustrated, and exited the tent and walked to the edge of camp. Nobody had said a word. The closest tent was Reagan's and he was a young warrior who was always on patrols. He wouldn't fuss about her being in danger like Lilly or Miranda. There was an abandoned fort that Sydney and Harley and herself would use. Mori climbed through the small opening in the tree to sit within the hollowed out tree carcass. Mori slumped down against the pale white ragged wall. She listened to rain patter against the outside and she frowned. She knew Dipti and Praynay wouldn't bother. She's done this before. She did hear the footsteps of someone else. From the rythmic steps she knew it was Harley. How he had gotten out of his preparation Mori would never know. Harley looked into the small hole", Again?" Mori smiled slightly", Yeah..." Harley stepped into the small crowded space. Harley sat down across from her", You can't keep doing this." Mori groaned", Do what? Escape? I don't want to be here anymore." Harley had a puzzled look on his face", By here you mean with Praynay and Dipti? Surely they'd let you set up your own tent." Mori sighed, a long pause followed. She pondered how to say this the way she wanted to. She began slowly", well... I..." Harley's puzzled look remained on his face. She finished", I want to see the world. I don't want to live here my whole life. I just.. Feel there is something else out there for me." Harley seemed offended", What? We're here. Your family. Isn't that enough?" Mori looked up at Harley, hurt burned in his eyes. She frowned" I know you're here but.. Don't you ever want to leave too? To see the world? To figure out where you belonged. Where you came from?" Harley shouted this time", You came from here! You grew up here! You belong here Mori! Don't you know we care about you?" Mori shrugged, her eyes dropping to the ground", I knew you wouldn't understand..." Harley looked at her with hurt and anger in his eyes before opening his mouth to say something, but only closed his eyes and looked away, determined to leave. Mori looked at her fur, listening to him breathe like he was going to cry until eventually Harley left. She waited for his footsteps to disappear before she stood up, grabbed her wooden staff and left the safety of the trunk and the farthest border of camp. She continued up the paths, retracing the trail that was burned into her memory until she came upon the small clearing where she had killed the wolf. It had been sloppily buried, she found it easily. All that remained was a few bones and a skull. She pulled the yellow ugly skull from the ground and looked into it's empty eyes. Took it with her, hiding it beside the tree. When it was night and Praynay and Dipti would've been asleep she snuck into their room, pulling the freshly sharpened sword from the small holding basket it was in. She pulled the small rabbit skin satchel that Praynay had gotten her for her eighth birthday and made sure the small kit that she had gotten for her ninth was still stuffed carefully into the pockets. Mori pushed the sword carefully into the pouch and walked stealthily through camp to get to the tree trunk, where she had left the empty skull. She pulled the sword out, swapping it with the skull. She held the sword tightly in her hand as she walked confidently away from camp. She walked towards the ocean shore north of camp, no patrols would run the clouded waters. Mori felt the cold watery stones beneath her feet as she found the small boat that belonged to Leo Lions. She took a step forward and heard a soft voice mutter", Do you really want to do that?" Mori leapt back, pointing the sword at the docile wolf behind her. The sword in his belt glistened in the moon's glow. He had bright white fur and dull slate blue eyes. He frowned", It's alright, you can lower your sword. I won't hurt you." Mori growled", You're a liar." She thought for a moment as the wolf looked at her seemingly interested in her appearance. She barked", Why are you on our territory?" The wolf stuck out his hand", I'm Amrit. I know Praynay, and I know you. You don't remember me then. You were young, and I was told to stop coming around." Mori halted, trying to remember before looking at him sharply", Why did he tell you to stop coming?" Amrit held his hand out further and placed it on the edge of Mori's sword, lowering it for her. He replied calmly this time", He didn't want me to put you in any danger." Mori sighed angrily", Who even are you?" Amrit spoke again", I told you. Amrit." Mori huffed", I know that. I meant who are you to me?" Amrit looked around, seemingly coming up with a lie. Mori growled", Don't even bother." Amrit laughed, puzzled", What..?" Mori retorted", You were making a lie." The white wolf frowned, looking around", I do not lie, hybrid. I knew you'd be better off with me instead of living in this place." Mori suddenly paused", Hybrid?" Amrit looked a bit taken aback", He never-" Harley came through the bushes and drew the sword from his holster and growled", Get back! Mori get behind me." Mori puffed", What? No!" Harley growled", Have you learned nothing Mori?" Mori looked at Harley with cold eyes before following his orders. Harley growled", You, Wolf. You're coming with me. We're going to Praynay. Now." Amrit didn't smart off or act impolite as any wolf she'd ever seen. He came willingly, his hands behind his neck. Harley pulled the sword forcefully out of his belt and Amrit growled", Careful. Have some manners fox." Harley was obviously embarrassed by the wolf, but seemed surprised. He spoke in a less harsh tone", Where did you get this sword..? The wolf spoke in a neutral tone", My father gave it to me, he was a very noble warrior." Harley escorted the white wolf and Mori through the territory, Mori thought desperately on what she would say to Praynay. He wouldn't at all like the idea of her trying to run away. She could try to persuade Harley into not telling Praynay, but she knew that'd just end up in the story too. She went quietly, and it was dawn by the time they got back. Still, though, Harley had to wake Praynay up. A few foxes watched over her and the white wolf. She looked up at the taller figure, she had no clue wolves were this large. The wolf she had encountered years ago hadn't been as large as this one was. The wolf spoke when Harley left to go speak to his father briefly of the situation. "I know you have it." Mori looked up at him surprised", Have what?" Amrit looked down", Something of his." Mori was suspicious at first", That's a very broad statement." Amrit looked ahead and sighed", Probhaod's. The wolf's. He was brown, wasn't he?" Mori looked out onto the span of treelines ahead of them", I don't really remember." Amrit looked down at her", So what is it?" Mori pulled the skull out carefully, holding the jaw bone in her paws. Amrit held out his hands", May I?" Mori carefully placed it in his hands, being sure he wouldn't drop it. Mori spoke softly and comfortably to the stranger now", How did you know?" Amrit murmured", You needed answers. Some part of you knew this was it.." Amrit and Mori was silent, the foxes around them seemingly minding their own businesses. Mori suddenly felt the wolf shiver. She looked over, the wolf had tears in his eyes. She looked at him with sympathy. He spoke in a shallow voice", I never imagined me holding him like this..." Mori looked at the skull, the muzzle was narrow and came off in a shorter manner than any wolf she'd ever seen. Mori spoke softly", I'm sorry." She didn't know why, she just felt she should have been. He stubbornly and awkwardly handed the skull back, but mostly hesitantly. Praynay peered out", Amrit." Amrit stood up, stiffly walking towards the fox that was almost his size. Mori hadn't realized before how much larger Mori was than him. She mustn't have noticed how large he was because she had recently been about his height. She assumed she had always been an early bloomer, getting her height before her age could catch up. Amrit waited for Praynay to invite him in and Amrit gave him a meek bow before walking in. Harley had given him a sideways glance as he left the tent, still gripping the wolves sword. Harley came and sat beside Mori. "He's not angry." Mori didn't reply. Harley didn't acknowledge it, only inspected the sword. It was quiet in camp for what felt like forever until Praynay came outside. He beckoned Harley over and whispered to him. Harley looked at Mori again before deciding to walk over to her slowly. Praynay disappeared back into the tent. Harley walked cautiously over to her and spoke softly", He wants me to take you out." Mori replied, puzzled", Where?" Harley looked out over to the treeline and pointed towards the trail where it had all happened", There." Mori stood up slowly. Harley spoke again", Leave the skull. We're getting the rest." Harley and Mori walked back to the spot where it had all happened. They dug up all the could find, the rest had been either crushed or broken in ways. Mori had tried to scrape it up but Harley spoke in a somber tone", Don't bring those to him." On the way back Mori spoke softly", Was he a warrior?" Harley spoke softly back", Yes. He was a warrior that was also a son..." Mori didn't speak for a few moments", His son?" Harley didn't reply, but Mori had known the answer was yes. When they returned they had placed them in a satchel that Praynay had hidden beneath a cabinet. Amrit smiled friendly", You kept it." Praynay smirked caringly", I knew you'd be back for it." Praynay acted almost as a long lost friend to the wolf and Mori had become almost sure they were war friends, but when Dipti and Sydney never showed up after dark Mori had been unsure of who he was. Praynay had begun making tea. When it was done, Harley stood up and left the tent. Mori stood up to leave awhile after him but Praynay spoke in a strong tone", Mori. Stay here. We need to talk." Mori walked back from the exit and slumped down in the chair Amrit had pulled out beside him. Mori purposely walked to sit as far away from the wolf as possible. He seemed to not notice. Praynay poured three small wooden cups full and gave Amrit his first. Amrit took it kindly, although when he had began to drink Mori could tell it wasn't his taste. Praynay had mentioned it had a certain taste to it that foxes mostly were appealed to, but Amrit seemed used to it. Mori looked at him puzzled", How did you manage that?" Amrit looked up from the steaming wooden cup", hmn?" Mori frowned", You drank it, and you tolerated it." Amrit set the cup down carefully", I've been around foxes for longer than you have." Amrit leaned back, watching her carefully. Mori looked down at the cup Praynay put carefully in front of her. He carefully reached into the small pouch of sugar he kept on the inside of his pocket, but Mori looked at him puzzled", You don't drink tea with sugar." Praynay shrugged", I don't." Mori pulled the cup closer to her. She hadn't had the chance to have any. Tea was expensive for them, using up rare resources they had. Praynay sat across from her", Mori, I need to tell you something I should've told you a long time ago." Mori took the cup in her hand and took a sip from the dark waters, it tasted of sour meat. She nearly spit it back out, her face revealing how distraught she was of the taste. Amrit smiled, amused. Mori had trouble swallowing, her throat disallowing of such an action. Praynay spoke concerned", You can spit it back out." Mori shook her head, swallowing it very painfully. Praynay waited a few moments before speaking again", You're a hybrid." Mori looked at him, no words could be spoken to express how she felt about this. Praynay took a sip before speaking again", You're a hybrid between two respected predators." Praynay seemed to be waiting for some kind of response, but Mori still remained seated, her hands now placed on her lap in small clutched fists. Praynay spoke gently", would you like to guess?" Amrit spoke sharply", it's not a game Praynay." Praynay seemed agitated", I've raised her from a young kit, do not tell me how I should treat her." Amrit appeared slightly embarrassed, yet still frustrated with his approach to the subject. Mori looked down at the tea, she thought delicately", um.." Praynay looked expectantly at her", no answer is truly wrong." Mori spoke softly", Wolf and Fox..?" Mori felt afraid of herself, it was odd knowing there was a monster inside her all along. Amrit shuffled in his seat a bit. Praynay nodded to the white wolf. Amrit leaned forward", you're half fox and half moon wolf." Mori looked up at him, a giant knot tying fast in her throat. She spoke in a groggy hash tone", moon wolf?" Amrit tried to explain", Moon Wolves are less ancient in the senses of the classes. They came from the skies. They came from space. Ancient Wolves came from suppressed versions of these mighty predators. Some of us are higher standard than others." Mori looked at him confused and slightly afraid. She looked over to Praynay. The orange fox didn't look back at her, only looked down at the cup of tea in his hand. Amrit stood up and continued to look at her", You should come with me, back to Panjaka." Praynay looked up at Amrit in surprise", No, Amrit. We agreed on this. It's too dangerous." Amrit looked at Praynay", You shouldn't be allowed to make that choice, it should be her own. The ocean waters would have taken her farther away from the shore if I wouldn't have found her before she could board the boat." Praynay growled", What boat?" Mori stood up, Praynay and Amrit were silent as they listened to her. Mori turned to Amrit", What happened to them?" Amrit opened his mouth and Praynay snapped", don't you dare." Amrit looked over to her", She deserves to know!" Praynay looked at him with a stone cold stare, but then hunched over in his chair and weakly waved his hand. Amrit looked at Mori", Your mother died when you were born.. your father never knew you existed." Mori looked at the white wolf", What? Why not?!" Amrit looked at her directly", Your mother had her reasons. You have to trust her judgement." Praynay spoke harshly", Pack up your things Mori." Mori looked over at Praynay", You're not sending me off with him, are you?" Praynay stood up", He's right, I can't protect you from everything. You need to go with him now." Mori growled", Now hold on-" Amrit cut her off", she should have a say in this, whether she should come or not." Praynay slammed his fist down on the table", Enough!" Mori jumped, she heard Amrit grab his empty holster. Praynay growled", I'm not keeping her in this camp, she's leaving now. No further discussion." Praynay quickly readjusted the robe on his shoulders and left the tent. Amrit didn't speak for a few moments, but when he did it surprised Mori", I'm sorry." Mori looked at him", for what?" Amrit looked down", for coming here." Mori looked over at the entrance", Don't be." Amrit looked over at her", Why were you trying to leave so badly?" Mori looked down at the ground now", Because I felt like an outcast." Amrit looked at the small satchel full of bones he had placed on the ground", I don't expect you to live with me. We're just a small pack of wolves and moon wolves.. I can take you to a place called Parrati. Hybrids live there naturally." Mori nodded", b-but I don't want to leave..." Amrit picked up the bag", Well.. it appears you don't have a choice.." Amrit left very silently, and Mori stood in the center of the tent for some time. She looked around for her things, shuffling through the small shells from the coast, the scratched up wooden play swords, the collection of books, and small cloth dolls. She picked up her favorite doll, the doll that had been stitched together from carefully dyed cloths to appear as a small sand stuffed dragon. Every detail had been thought out with delicate care. She placed it deep within the sack she had attempted to run away with. She stuffed a few books that Harley had managed to speak into her small wooden chest that were about survival, herbs, and some of the other lands beyond the foxes territory. Mori picked up her most favorite and beautiful shells- one of which was a bright pearly pink marked white shell, it was hollow on the inside and had sharp tips. When she placed the large hand sized shell against her ear she could hear the pounding waves of the ocean. Mori looked around her bed more, sliding beneath it's stick frame and pulling out the small flat cloth that was wrapped delicately around the contents inside. Amrit came back inside", we have to go before dark.." Mori looked down at it with anticipation. She folded back the first layer, revealing a sparkling silver shoulder plate. Amrit looked down at her", You don't have to open it now." She covered it up in shame, her ears feeling hot. For an odd reason, she felt comfortable handing the semi-heavy fabric to Amrit. He placed it in the bone satchel. Amrit placed a hand on Mori's shoulder", it's alright.." Mori nodded, still taken back from the shock of leaving her clan. Amrit lead Mori outside, where Sydney and Harley looked expectantly at her. Mori looked at them both, tears welling up in her eyes. She hugged Harley first, less passionate as she hugged Sydney. Sydney gasped through tears", Please come back." Mori let go of the fox", I promise I will find a way." Sydney nodded, wiping the fresh tears from her cheeks and eyes. Dipti looked at her, her expression sad yet hopeful", Your mother would have wanted you to go with Amrit. He's a good one. I know he'll take good care of you." Mori nodded and looked to Praynay, who looked at her remorsefully. He sighed, pulling her close for a hug. Mori hugged him back, his fur never feeling so welcome before. He spoke softly", Please be safe." Mori nodded, unable to speak with him. He slowly pulled out a giant sword, it's handle dark black, it's blade a fresh silver. The handle had small silver vines on it, each one smithed on with perfection. Mori looked up at him, taking it slowly and carefully. "It was your mothers.." Mori hugged him more excitedly", thank you Praynay.." Praynay rubbed between her ears. He eventually had to pull away from her, the sun preparing to set. Mori looked back at the small family one last time before getting pulled away by Amrit. Amrit spoke softly", Alright, let's go." Mori followed him carefully down the path where it had all happened, past the fallen scarred tree that marked the definite border to Chetan and Punit, and Amrit helped her through the tough up and down hills of northern Chetan. By absolute dusk they set up camp on the foothills of Chetan and the mountains. Mori watched Amrit struggle to set up a small cloth tent. With one hand he held out a small stick, in his mouth he tried to pull the cape he had taken off his back over the small poorly put together frame. Mori looked at him puzzled", That seems more trouble than it's worth." Amrit muffled through cloth", it's worth it, just hold on." Mori watched him continue to struggle", Do you want help?" Amrit looked up at her, seemingly contemplating taking the offer, but declined it quickly and unsurely. Mori continued to watch him attempt to multitask until the stick gave way beneath him and the small structure collapsed on him. He spit his cape out, frustrated. Mori watched him lay on the ground for a few moments before looking over to her", looks like you'll be sleeping with the stars as your roof.." Mori couldn't help but wag her tail in excitement", r- really?" Amrit looked down", yeah.. sorry that it's not a tent.." Mori smiled", that's not a problem. I've never really stayed out under the stars before." Amrit looked up at her astonished, rolling over from his back to his belly", You haven't?" Mori smiled, looking calmly at Amrit", Well.. No. I've seen them occasionally, but Praynay didn't really appreciate me being outside in the night." Amrit frowned", I was supposed to take you when you were born... Keaton didn't plan to die." Mori down at him, the smile fading from her face. Amrit spoke in a rough darkened tone", She knew you'd be happier without her.. She didn't want you to ever see the beauty in her. She never wanted anyone to ever see the beauty in her." Mori spoke softly", Was she beautiful?" Amrit shuddered, letting out a small laugh of disbelief", Yes. She was the most beautiful being i'd ever met." Mori looked down at the white wolf and asked more comfortably", What was your favorite part of her?" Amrit looked back up at her", Everything.. She'd never admit it. She loved being tough and strong. Just like you." Mori looked up at the stars", Yeah right... The only bad thing i've ever done is try to run away.. You know how well that turned out." Amrit looked down at his paws", Well... You did take down a Thoughtless." Mori was quiet, trying to interpret what he meant. Amrit sighed", It was a mistake.." Mori looked over to him", What do you mean?" Amrit huffed", Thoughtlesses. My father believed he could control them. He knew he could. Our existence was a compromise between the gods and my father. When we were born, we'd be born to spread the power of control when we spread our bloodline. Rohit and I had a sister. She didn't last long against the strength of the mammoths of early Chetan.. Rohit and I swore never to spread our blood in the name of our father. So we didn't for the longest time." Mori spoke softly", but then you had a son.. is that why Rohit isn't here?" Amrit shuffled in the grass", No. It's because I'm here." Mori slid off the log to sit on the ground next to Amrit's head. She stretched one leg out, the other tucked against her chest. She replied", Because you're with me?" Amrit looked around", He had always been the fighting type. He loved the taste of blood. It drove him to do many things me and Keaton didn't agree with.. When you were born, he severed his relationship with me and decided never to speak to me again." Mori looked at Amrit closer", is he..?" Amrit was silent for a moment, then he spoke softly", yes. He's your father." Mori looked out into the hills", Why didn't he want me?" Amrit slid onto his elbows", he would have killed to have you if it came to it. I'm sure that's what he's doing now. Blaming the gods for never having you as a daughter." Mori was silent, not wanting to know anything more. She thought for a moment. Questions were sharp on her tongue like knives. Did he even know about her? Why didn't Keaton say something? Where is Rohit? Does she have siblings? Amrit slumped back down", Well.. we'll talk more in the morning." Mori felt like speaking to him again, asking him all the questions she never got to ask. She felt closer to him, knowing they were true kin. He'd told the most truth since they first arrived. Mori scratched the back of her neck, something stinging. It didn't feel hot, so it wasn't a bite. Probably just fleas that she'd put redberry ointment on in the morning. She slid down the smooth surface of the log, she pressed her face against the comfort of her satchel and closed her eyes, dreaming of tomorrow. When Mori woke up, she half expected to wake on a rocking boat, waves lapping at the sides, but instead woke to see Amrit, making something in the fire. It smelled really good, better than anything she'd ever smelled before. She leaned upwards, looking closely at it. It had a yellow color. Mori leaned over", Oh wow! What is that?" Amrit looked over, the fur on his head ruffled", um.. eggs." Mori looked at him puzzled", Eggs? I thought those were microscopic and that males-" Amrit suddenly became tense, he responded abruptly", Not those kind." Amrit's fur smoothed down, he looked over at Mori nervously", These come from a distant land, actually quite close to where you live." Mori looked at him excitedly as Amrit suddenly pulled out a handful of something from a small pouch in his belt. He let go of a black dirty substance into the eggs. Mori groaned", Dirt? Ew. Is that a thing?" Amrit looked stunned", Its called Pepper. You've never seen pepper before..?" Mori paused for a moment, recalling all the things they've had before shaking her head no. Amrit looked at her funny. She'd gone with the oldest member in their camp when she, Sydney, and Harley were cubs. The old fox had taken them to the fields, they grew carrots, corn, cabbage, wheat, Green Beans, Beets, Peas, Grapes, and trading vegetables they'd give to Leo Lions in exchange for dyes and more. Amrit scraped the jiggly yellow food onto two plates, handing her one with the most. Mori looked at it, he handed her a fork, this one was silvery and shiny. The ones back at home were wooden or stone. One of the few essentials they traded the Leo Lions for. She looked at Amrit, with very little on his plate", I don't need this much.." Amrit shook his head, clearing his mouth", No, you have a good kind heart, but warriors really cannot eat so much. Breakfast is an important meal, but if you overeat.. well.. you'll be slower in battle and training. A trick I learned from my father, whom had learned from the foxes." Mori looked over at him", How did my mother and father meet?" Amrit looked at her", Well.. A Moon Wolf named Bharata met her first. She introduced me and your father to her. Your father near cut her down where she stood, although it took more talking to calm me down." Mori took a fork full of the yellow bits and ate them, they tasted better than the fish back home. Mori looked up again", So did he always love her?" Mori continued to eat as Amrit talked hesitantly", well.. not exactly.. Rohit wasn't as easy to trust her like Bharata and I were. It took a long took a long time for him to actually love her. That's how I always knew he kind of meant it." Mori seemed confused", So why did my mom choose to give me to Praynay? Isn't it obvious he would have loved me?" Amrit finished his plate, setting it down", One question a day. I promise you'll have all your answers." Mori felt betrayed", What? Don't I deserve answers?" Amrit shook his head", Not always, sometimes you must find answers yourself. That's called experience, and you act like the kind of person used to getting answers handed to you all the time." Mori growled defiantly", That's a dumb thing to say!" Amrit answered calmly", And why is that?" Mori thought for a moment before stamping her foot", Because... I don't know.." Mori's ears lay on her head", because it feels like everyone abandoned me.. I'm just figuring out my mother hid me from my father, who doesn't know I exist and you stayed away because you thought it would be in my best interest. That just seems a bit wrong to me." Amrit smiled", see, the answers are inside you. In order for you to understand, you must uncover some on your own." Mori continued to look out at the snowy mountains of Akash. She shook her head", but I want to know so bad." Amrit looked at her, Mori looked back at him", You will come to learn I do not have all the answers, nor will I always be here to give you all my unspoken wisdom and never ending knowledge." Mori nodded, finally understanding. Amrit walked carefully over to the fire, grabbing a handful of dirt that he threw onto the fire. It screeched with pain and popped before going out like water on land, disappearing into the earthly remains thrown upon it. Amrit turned slowly, he looked softly at Mori", Alright.. Let's go." [/SIZE]

An Evil Wizard likes this.
  2. UnderTheMoon

PokéPoints:
    ₽79.3
    *Its really blocky, I know.