1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Pokemon: I Choose You! PKMN 20th Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by JadeFox, Apr 12, 2017.

1. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    So after watching the Marshadow reveal trailer, I figured that there would be a movie tie-in. I also happened to see the 20th Pokémon movie trailer, and there's Marshadow! Here's the video, so you can watch it (I don't think there is an English version for this, so good luck watching it in Japanese)!

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5NHzI6_D4Tg[/video]

There are LOTS of questions running in my mind. "What's up with Ash's hat? Who are his new companions? What about that kid with the Incineroar and the guy with the red hat and giant moustache? And my favorite one, What? I thought this was gonna be a retelling of Ash's beginnings in Kanto, but ITS NOT!"

So what are some of your opinions? Thoughts? Ideas about characters? I'm not even sure what to say, since I'm still a bit speechless about it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. GiratinaMissingNo

GiratinaMissingNo ~Renegade Glitch~

Percy
    (Moltres Egg)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽467.5
    I thought it was going to be a retelling too! I was like 'Okay...grumpy Pikachu...Ho-Oh...Ash...nice-OH MY GOD WHAT THE HECK?!' I'm really exited to see Marshadow in the movie, and I'm really stoked for the 20th movie! I mean, perfect. It better be good! I'm guessing Lillie and Gladion (yay!) will have a part to play (in Gira speak: they BETTER be in the movie or angry letters will start), because it's about Alola, and maybe they'll tie into the whole Aether storyline? That would be pretty cool. Never going to happen, but maybe Marshadow will give us info on Mohn's past.
    Yes, even in an innocent movie trailer review, I'm bringing it back to my insane conspiracy theories...
    #MissingNo

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cadbberry

Cadbberry Dad: 76.... Or Cad: 76

Cosmo
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽654.3
    Marshadium Z ★★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★
    This is not what I expected and does disappoint me. I liked the idea and when I saw piplup I thought Dawn would be returning but afraid not. I just don't understand what is going on really with it, like the companions are weird and who is that old guy?! At first, I thought it was old ash but it can't be, can it? This is looking weird and almost sloppy like with the story telling especially with Pikachu disobeying Ash again.

4. Aiko

Aiko Anti-Shadow Weapon

SS Egg #2
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽866.2
    Lure Ball ★★★★Friend Ball ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★Ultra Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I'm super excited for this! I agree with cad though, I wanted a return for Dawn!! Or even brock... I think the old dude is actually a older ash..How that will work? I have no clue!I also think its cool that there will be Pokémon from other generations in it!! I'm hyped to say the least haha.

5. JadeFox

JadeFox Valor Veteran

Manchot
    (Piplup)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽91.6
    Premier Ball ★Beast Ball ★★★★Park Ball ★★★Mewnium Z  ★★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    I've heard the idea that the old man is actually Red, but I highly doubt it. The games and the anime are two separate things, and just mixing the two together is just... weird, in my opinion.

When I saw Piplup I thought, "Oh wow, Dawn's gonna be in this one-" Nope. Piplup's owned by a very eccentric looking Trainer in blue. And as for the other companion of Ash, the trailer didn't seem to show his Pokémon (although I've heard it's a Lucario).

This is going to be interesting. The 'release date' is July 15th, 2017. So we won't have to wait too long to see what happens...

6. Shayminlover123

Aria
    (Sneasel)
    Level 27
    PokéPoints:
    ₽724.4
    I actually do like this retelling. I like that they are bringing new things to the table for their 20th anniversary. I was so excited when they decided to bring Pokémon from other regions into this movie. Honestly I can't wait to see this movie...they changed so many things around it makes me wonder how this movie is going to go.

7. ChaoticLupa

Shadow
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽90.7
    Wait, so this is not the beginning of Ash's journey? Dang, I was really hoping that we would see Misty. but I guess I had my hopes up and I shouldn't have...

8. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    I honestly thought the old guy was a Herdier with a hat....

Anyway moving on, I like the idea with this movie, as movies are never canon with the series I've always wanted them to experiment more with the movies and it looks like they're going to do it by combining all the different gens. Plus Ho-oh coming to Ash's aid, is this a trick by making it appear when Incineroar attacked or will it actually come to his aid during that battle? Perhap's we'll see Ash work with a legendary in battle like he did with Lugia?

My biggest question though is how this'll impact the rest of the movies later down the line, will this be a one-off special with all these different characters or will the movies become a longer separate story from the anime like the games. Kinda' excited for the movie now which I wasn't before.