1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Latios vs. Latias

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by The Unknown, May 27, 2013.

?

Which Pokemon is better in competitive battling?

1. Latios

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Latias

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Unknown

The Unknown Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Which Pokémon do you think is better for competitive battling and why?

I think Latios is better because it has a higher Sp. Atk base stat than Latias, which makes it an immediate threat (doesn't need to setup), especially when it is paired with a life orb or choice specs. The best set for Latias is a calm mind set, as Latias can utilize her better defenses; however, set up sweeping can be countered in this metagame by the many phazers and sp. def/def walls that have grown in number since Gen 4. Because (in my opinion) Latios is more practical as an offensive sweeper, it is a better threat, and therefore the better Pokémon for competitive battling.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Doomhound

Doomhound
    (Houndour)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽77.7
    Unfortunately latios... although I like latias a ton more. He's so much more awesomely and cool, especially shiny.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Fleck

Fleck Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I say Latios. He seems to be more offensive of the two, while Latias seems to have a better defensive build to her.

I think I like Latios' design more, but I like Latias' Pokédex entries better.

4. NiteLitezFTW

NiteLitezFTW Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Latios. Slap a Scarf on it and you're done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.