1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

MMORPG that you can suggest?

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Xarn, Apr 23, 2017.

1. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    The thing is that I have been searching for a decent MMORPG the last 2 weeks and I am getting really disappointed with the results.
    Maybe I am not the best person at the moment of searching but already tried a several amount of YouTube videos, Google and I almost sell my soul to a Pikachu in order to get more information about decent MMORPG games (ok maybe I am getting a little outside of the point with this last phrase XD).

The plan is simple (i think),

- A great Skill Tree
    - Possibility to make a group-party during the gaming experience
    - No Pay-To-Win or Pay-To-Play
    - Open World (If the game is really good i can avoid this point)
    - Platform: PC
    - Decent PvP System
    - Genre: Fantasy (can avoid this too)
    - Profession System (like Smithing, Cooking, Harvesting, Mining)

If someone has suggestions or think that I have to give more details (specifying the detail/s will be helpful) at this searching, please leave a POST.

Edit: Will be adding and also editing the requirements to help with the searching!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    The only MMO I can suggest at the moment would be Star Wars the Old Republic. It's skill tree's are decent and it is possible to create groups while playing. While there is a subscription, the entire base game (levels 1 - 50) are free to play, this includes a lot of strikes/dungeons and I believe a raid. There is an in game store called the cartel market, but it's just cosmetic items or exp boosters, nothing that will break the game PVP wise.

While it can be considered open world at some points, the MMO at it's core is story driven but the stories make up for it as each class has a unique story and all of them, imo, are interesting. As for the PVP, it can be fun especially if you have friends (although I always had to play the game solo so I can't tell you much about the friendship factor) the only downside to the PvP is that some members of the community can be a bit toxic.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Xarn likes this.
  3. Sinclare

Sinclare Flaming Hot Gym leader

Chiyo
    (Growlithe)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽193.0
    I know you said no pay to play..

But if you have 10.dollars.. you can play Black desert online with me
    I can give you a 7 day code to try it out for free..

Also Revelations online is nice.

Grand fantisa, Eden Eternal, Aura Kingdom...

I liked those.

Uhhh... I mean most of the games that I play.. are P2P but that's what makes it nice.. like FFXIV. ;_;

Xarn likes this.
  4. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Oh I already tried it! It is a decent game and has a lot of adds that I enjoyed with a friend's account.
    Would like to play it again sometime but is not what I am seaching.

Oh yeah, RPG communities sometimes become a little toxic because everyone wants to be stronger but meh... they often shut up after you clean the floor with their character (also it is so beautiful when players lose everything they have after dying > :D) or have to leave the game because their spent more than 10 hours per day just to be punished by someone that has better abilities :3.

@[member="DrGetus"] Thank you very much for your suggestion and I will be happy if you find another one to suggest :D

Sinclare, on 23 Apr 2017 - 4:46 PM, said:

I know you said no pay to play..

But if you have 10.dollars.. you can play Black desert online with me
    I can give you a 7 day code to try it out for free

@[member="Sinclare"]

Sadly Black Desert is not available at South America. It is one of the best options i found yesterday :(. I mean it is but it is a diffeent Server I guess and we wouldn't be able to play if you are from other region.

5. Sinclare

Chiyo
    (Growlithe)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽193.0
    How about Revelations?

Xarn likes this.
  6. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I...barely can read English... Japanese-Chinese seems to be a problem for me xD. I read that there is a patch but do not know the proper site to download it.
    I could give it a try (downloading .exe)

7. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    So I decided to give Revelations Online a try (Played close to an hour before going off to do work) and so far I have to say I'm enjoying it, each class seems unique and the game is supposed to be group focused. The cutscenes are pretty cool and I suggest you'd watch them all. My only concern is that i was unable to type in the chat because I was missing some token or item, not sure what it is but it raises the concern that the game may require some form of payment for full benefits. Overall, it's worth a try and the patch comes with the game if you download it from the correct site (can't remember at the present time and I'm not certain I can post it in case it breaks the advertisement rule).

Xarn likes this.
  8. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Downloading, I am still going to try every MMORPG that people post at here since I am still open to suggestions.
    About the links, that´s the reason why I only ask the names because I think that posting links is a kind of advertisement.

Thank you for your posts @[member="DrGetus"]

Sinclare likes this.
  9. Sinclare

Chiyo
    (Growlithe)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽193.0
    If you're downloading it, I can totally play with you.

Xarn likes this.
  10. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Of course you can! Wait...you play Revelations Online? :D
    It would be awesome if we play together!!

11. Sinclare

Chiyo
    (Growlithe)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽193.0
    SURE~ I just started it too, so we aren't so far apart.

Xarn likes this.
  12. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    It's a little dated, but Perfect World isn't terrible for a time sink. It's got a decent enough pvp as far as MMOs go just being a skill rotation or build base rock paper scissors and groups are pretty much required for certain missions unless you vastly out level them. Very few free to play games are entirely free to play, it's definitely pay for advantage and at a certain point it becomes quite a slog if you don't pay, but it lasts a decent while. DC Universe is free to play these days you could try that too.

13. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Oh yeah DC universe, Marvel and Star Trek RPGs got me really dissapointed after playing Star Wars the Old Republic. I don't know Perfect World, so you recommend it or thing that is a little outdated to start playing it right now?

14. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    I recommend it on the stipulation that your computer/net can handle the population, you haven't played through it already (IMO it has very low replayability), and you don't mind forming groups as they're pretty much required later game.

15. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Well,. I like fighting bosses with groups and I am pretty social (or maybe don't know when to stop talking) so I am going to download it :D. What do you mean no replayability? Is it "play it once and never do it again"?

16. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    As in there are different classes, but it doesn't feel fresh enough when starting a new class to bother so you play it once until about level 50 or so then you run out of quests to do and leveling slows down and then it becomes a grindfest which is pretty standard for MMOs, but some MMOs you can continue playing by starting a new character, but starting a new character in Perfect World is more of the same really atleast IMO that I wouldn't bother running 2 characters I'd simply find a new game.

I didn't mention it before for reasons, but Scarlet Blade is supposed to actually be a decent game gameplay wise if you don't mind the mature content, have no personal experience with it however I had a friend that played it for a spell who said it was better than Fiesta and Perfect World.

17. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I could try something with adult content if the playing is good. but some RPG have that "clothes thing" that always act like a magnet on people lol.
    As I know it counts with a decent graphic but the I should watch a gameplay to be more sure about downloading since I really enjoy games that require specific abilities from the players (I always repeat it but is an important point for me :P)

If you fin other tittles, feel free to recommend them that i will be doing more investigation about the subject.

Thanks again for your replies @[member="Dwlr"] !

18. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    MMOs in general attract a certain kind of people IMO and Scarlet Blade at least attempts to have people that are 18+. If it helps however my friend said that the majority of people didn't go with out clothing. I think it's set to the armor-less appearance and ergo in the field to go without I believe you'd have to go without armor for it to show up and thus affect your stats and as I recall there was a lawsuit awhile back that prevented the smaller frame character from going fully without clothing so there's some solace there as the races are based on classes so anybody wanting to be that class loses the option to go without clothing. I would imagine it's sold as a premium "outfit" so I'd imagine that it isn't commonplace and they use that simply as an advertising gimmick to gain the type of people you're hesitant about, but really if you think about it a lot of gamers tend to be vastly immature these days anyway so if you ask me it's a lateral shift from having said people go on and on about it and having people stop talking about it since they can get it. It's like having a kid screaming in the mall for ice cream they stop if you give them the ice cream whilst it certainly doesn't make them anymore mature and sets a bad precedent at least you don't have to listen to them anymore about it.

19. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I wasn't talking about the persons that play the game. I mentioned abilities as the mechanics that someone has to dominate to surpass others at PvP systems. because I don't like clicking a button and see the character doing the entire work, you know? xD. I don't have any problem with mature or immature players, If I think about that i shouldn't be playing any game, right?

Recently I have been playing Aura Kingdom which is pretty innocent and the character makes basically everything, As always in this kind of RPG you depend more on your mobility and a bit of positioning what is not real challenging (hit, run, heal, repeat). Still I would recommend it.

20. Dwlr

Dwlr Banned

Odd Egg (S)
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 3
    PokéPoints:
    ₽14.3
    Blue Orb ★★★★★
    If you don't really want the character to do the majority of the work after being triggered you really kind of need a different genre. Most of the games are like that with a few exceptions and those exceptions are about spacing. Take Diablo for instance stun and slow down are used to create space to use your damaging abilities safely outside that you have to minimally aim but the animation are pretty much fixed. If you include the games with active evasions they're usually simplistic scripted animations trigger the same way, like blocking and dodging in something like Champions of Norrath. Legion the Legend of Excalibur had points in the animation where a person would have to input another command to maximize the damage dealt in a combination, but that's an old game and I think it was just on the PS2.