1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

My first Nuzlocke (Alpha Sapphire)

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by JohtoChimes, Apr 24, 2017.

1. JohtoChimes

Weatherly
    (Castform (Water))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.0
    OH dear.
    So, I decided to try a Nuzlocke today in Aplha Sapphire, and though I sort of knew what to expect, it has been one of the most nerve racking experiences with Pokémon ever. I chose a Treecko as my starter, which I've never chosen before, and called him Grover.
    I am currently saved at the Rustboro City Pokémon centre after suffering through the first routes and the Pettalburg Woods and loosing my Zips the Zigzagoon to a Weedle. The rest of my team are a Lotad called Colbert (I don't know why I called him that), a Cascoon (Caught as a Weedle) called Wormy, and another Zigzagoon called Tips (Short for Zips Two).

Currently, I'm not sure if I should attempt to battle Roxanne (and likely loose) or go down Route 116. Though both options are equally scary.

I never knew Pokémon could cause me so much anxiety. O_O

[​IMG]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Getus likes this.
  2. Getus

Getus The Senate

Ky
    (Kyogre Egg)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽111.6
    Philosopher's CowlReaper Cloth ★★★Psychium Z ★★★★Great Ball ★★Cooler Gary Oak ★★★★★
    Nuzlockes are always nerve racking, the gym battles even more but you seem like your doing great! (You have more Pokémon at the first gym than I did in my most recent attempt anyway lol)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JohtoChimes

Weatherly
    (Castform (Water))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽37.0
    Yeah :) The beginning was really easy.

I decided to travel down Route 116, toward the Rusturf Tunnel. I battled a number of trainers and caught a little Skitty in the grass, which I called Kibble. After a frighteningly close battle between my now evolved Grovyle Grover and a very angry Tailow, I fled into the tunnel to heal my Pokémon. Though instead I immediately encountered a Whismur who Colbert beat using Teeter Dance and Bubble. I caught it, and named it Echo, which seemed appropriate.

Returning to Rustborro City, I bought some potions (I decided to ban healing at Pokémon Centres because it made things far to easy) and leaving Kibble and Echo in the PC for safety I traveled to the gym... and won without really trying. I know Pokémon is easy at the beginning and it does get (a little) bit harder as the game progresses, I still feel that gym battles are not really hard enough and could do with a difficulty increase. Grover, using absorb defeated Geodude in two hits, and Colbert used Teeter Dance and Bubble again to win against Nosepass in only a few turns.

So, I won my first badge with out much trouble, and with Colbert and Wormy evolving as a result. The Team Aqua Grunt who stole the Devon Parts regretted his decision and Peeko happily flew home with Mr. Briney. And from Devon Co. to Mr. Briney's house, I sailed away to Dewford Town feeling a little uneasy knowing my... luck? could change at a moments notice.

And it did. (Sort of)

[​IMG]

But more of that later.

Mandriel and Getus like this.