1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Gameplay Journal Mother of Pearl - Another Nuzlocke!? [Chris's Pokemon Pearl Nuzlocke!]

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Pixel, Apr 27, 2017.

1. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Ice Stone ★★★★Lucarionite ★★★★Dawn Stone ★★★★Decidium Z ★★★★★Galladite ★★★★
    Mother of Pearl - Another Nuzlocke!?
    A Pokémon Pearl Nuzlocke
    Hey guys, and welcome to my second Nuzlocke that I'll be recording on LV - Mother of Pearl! (Credits to @DrGetus for the name). Unlike my first Nuzlocke - X-termination - this one will be much less detailed, posted in simple dot points of when I caught a Pokémon, lost a Pokémon, fought an important character or an evolution occurred.

For this run, these are the rules I'll be using!
    • If a Pokémon faints, it is considered dead and is released or stored in a "Dead" PC Box (Extra Pokémon that are sent to the PC are NOT dead and CAN be taken into the team)
      PSN status to 1 HP is also equal to death

• Nickname all caught Pokémon
    • Catch the first new Pokémon you see in a field
    • NO LEGENDARIES
    • The one Pokémon per field rule is nullified if a shiny Pokémon is found
    • Mt. Coronet counts as two zones (the caves and the outside/snowy mountaintop)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 21, 2017
  2. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Entry 1
    • Started my game with the name Chris. Rival's name is Bean, after Achromatic and as a tribute to his failed Platinum Nuzlocke (read it here!)
    • Starter Pokémon was Chimchar, chosen by RNG. Named him Gohan, after a Chimchar from my favourite Nuzlocke (read it here!) who is named after the Dragon Ball character. Gohan has a Naive nature [+Spe, -SpD].
      Ironically, Bean chooses Piplup as his starter, which matches both Achromatic's starter in his Nuzlocke and the starter of the rival in the Nuzlocke already mentioned in this sentence.
    • After a tedious amount of back-and-forth travel, I'm finally able to get my Route 201 encounter. It's a Bidoof. Named her Marine, but not after MarineAurora because that'd be just mean. Marine has a Brave nature [+Atk, -Spe].
    • Backtracked to Lake Verity to capture a second Pokémon - Starly. Named her Stella because Stella sounds like stellar which means "of the stars", and Starly as "star" in its name. Stella has a Mild nature [+SpA, -Def].
    • Encountered and captured Kricketot on Route 202. Named him Delelewoop for obvious reasons. Delelewoop has an Impish nature [+Def, -SpA].
    • While grinding on Route 204, Delelewoop is killed by a wild Starly's critical Quick Attack. RIP Delelewoop Lv3 - 7.
    • Encountered and captured Budew on Route 204. Named him Roscoe because it has the same letters as "rose". Roscoe has a Sassy nature [+SpD, -Spe].
    Current Team:
    [​IMG] Lv. 8
    [​IMG]Lv. 7
    [​IMG]Lv. 8
    [​IMG]Lv. 5

Deaths:
    [​IMG]Lv. 3 - 7

#2 Apr 27, 2017
    Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Achromatic and JadeFox like this.
  3. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,684.4
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Krickertots usually end up that way in nuzlockes. Not a lot of attack power early on.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Entry 2
    • Encountered a Zubat on Ravaged Path, but killed it with a critical Scratch from Gohan.
    • Defeated Bean on Route 203. No deaths occurred.
    • While grinding on Route 2013, Marine is killed by a wild Starly's critical Tackle. RIP Marine Lv. 3 - 8.
    • Encountered an Abra on Route 203, but it fled via Teleport after I threw the Poké Ball. Abra sucks.
    • Encountered another Zubat in Oreburgh Gate, also captured it. Named it Marshall after Marshall Lee the Vampire King, the official genderbend of Marceline the Vampire Queen. Marshall has a Hardy nature [neutral].
    • Encountered and captured a Geodude on Route 207. Named him Weeeeeeeee because I was in the car and my younger sister wouldn't stop saying "wheeee" as we went over bridges. Weeeeeeeee has a Relaxed nature [+Def, -Spe].
    • Marshall and Weeeeeeeee were placed into the PC Box as back-up Pokémon.
    • Encountered and captured a Onix in Oreburgh Fate. Named him SolidSnake for obvious reasons. SolidSnake as a Brave nature [+Atk, -Spe].
    • Whlie grinding on Route 207, Gohan evolved into Monferno and Stella evolved into Staravia.
    • Defeated Gym Leader Roark. No deaths occurred.
    • Encountered and captured a Buizel at the Valley Windworks. Named her Sophie for no particular reason. Sophie has a Sassy nature [+SpD, -Spe].
    • Defeated Galactic Commander Mars at the Valley Windworks. No deaths occurred.
    Current Team:
    [​IMG]Lv. 15
    [​IMG]Lv. 14
    [​IMG]Lv. 17
    [​IMG]Lv. 14
    [​IMG]Lv. 12

Boxed Pokémon:
    [​IMG]Lv. 6
    [​IMG]Lv. 7

Deaths:
    [​IMG]Lv. 3 - 7
    [​IMG]Lv. 3 - 8

#4 Apr 28, 2017
  5. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    I really like how you put the colours and Pokémon Sprites! Your Updates are really good also! XD

Pixel likes this.
  6. Syaoron the Fox

Skittles
    (Zapdos Egg)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽339.0
    Poké Ball ★Dawn Stone ★★★★Reaper Cloth ★★★
    Neat Nuzlocke so far! RIP early bug-types and their inability to scale quickly with the enemies. I'm curious as to why you chose pearl. Is that just the cartridge you had at the time?

7. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Entry 3
    • Encountered and captured a Pachirisu on Route 205. Named her Kira for no particular reason. Kira has an Adamant nature [+Atk, -SpA].
    • Kira was deposited into the PC.
    • Encountered a Budew and Wurmple in Eterna Forest. Captured Wurmple as Budew is already one of my Pokémon. Named her Ruby because she's red. Ruby has a Sassy nature [+SpD, -Spe].
    • While grinding in Eterna Forest, SolidSnake is killed by a combination of Beautifly's Absorb and poison damage. RIP SolidSnake Lv. 8 - 16.
    • While grinding in Eterna Forest, Ruby evolves into Silcoon, and then again into Beautifly.
    • Encountered and captured a Magikarp in Eterna City. Named him ZA WARUDO because I know people on here will get a kick out of it. ZA WARUDO has a Modest nature [+SpA, -Atk].
    • ZA WARUDO is deposited into the PC.
    • Encountered and captured a Meditite on Route 211. Named her Jasmine after Princess Jasmine from Aladdin. Jasmine has a Sassy nature [+SpD, -Spe].
    • Defeated Gym Leader Gardenia. No deaths occurred.
    • Defeated Galactic Commander Jupiter at the Veilstone Galactic HQ. Kira, withdrawn as an HM Cut slave, and Stella are killed by Jupiter's Skuntank's critical Night Slash. RIP Kira Lv. 9 - 9, RIP Stella Lv. 3 - 20.
    Current Team:
    [​IMG]Lv. 20
    [​IMG]Lv. 20
    [​IMG]Lv. 20
    [​IMG]Lv. 21
    [​IMG]Lv. 19

Boxed Pokémon:
    [​IMG]Lv. 6
    [​IMG]Lv. 7
    [​IMG]Lv. 6

Deaths:
    [​IMG]Lv. 3 -7
    [​IMG]Lv. 3 - 8
    [​IMG]Lv. 8 - 16
    [​IMG]Lv. 3 - 20
    [​IMG]Lv. 9 - 9

#7 Apr 30, 2017
    Pokémist likes this.
  8. HiddenLore

Time Master
    (Dialga Egg)
    Level 36
    PokéPoints:
    ₽11,684.4
    Crown of ValorPoké Ball ★Root Fossil ★★★Beedrillite ★★★★GS Ball ★★★★★
    Ah man, poor Kira, I love pachirisu. So sad to see it go early

9. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Entry 4
    • While grinding on Route 206, Marshall is killed by a trained Staravia's Quick Attack. RIP Marshall Lv. 6 - 6.
    • While grinding on Route 207, Ruby is killed by a trained Pachirisu's Spark and Jasmine is killed by a trained Ponyta's critical Flame Wheel. RIP Ruby Lv. 10 - 21, RIP Jasmine Lv. 12 - 19.
    • Encountered and captured a Machop in Mt. Coronet (lower). Named him Taiyang because RWBY Chibi S2 hype. Taiyang has a Bashful nature [neutral].
    • Encountered and captured a Psyduck on Route 208. Named her Misty after everyone's favourite redheaded Gym Leader. Misty has a Brave nature [+Atk, -Spe].
    • Taiyang, Misty, and Weeeeeeeee (who had been taken out for training, but didn't suit my current team) are deposited into the PC.
    • Defeated Bean in Hearthome City. No deaths occured.
    • Encountered and captured a Bonsly on Route 209. Named her Potplant because that's what she looks like (apart form a bonsai). Potplant has an Adamant nature [+Atk,-SpA].
    • Encountered and captured a Gastly in Lost Tower. Named her Espella after Espella Cantabella, a character from Professor Layton VS Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney. Espella has a Hardy nature [neutral].
    • While grinding in Lost Tower, Espella is killed by a Cleffa's Magical Leaf. RIP Espella Lv. 18 - 18.
    • While grinding in Lost Tower (and after realising I had made a mistake, trading over to a different game to correct the mistake and trading back), Potplant evolved into a Sudowoodo.
    Current Team:
    [​IMG]Lv. 22
    [​IMG]Lv. 23
    [​IMG]Lv. 22
    [​IMG]Lv. 21

Boxed Pokémon:
    [​IMG]Lv. 11
    [​IMG]Lv. 6
    [​IMG]Lv. 16
    [​IMG]Lv. 17

Deaths:
    [​IMG]Lv. 3 -7
    [​IMG]Lv. 3 - 8
    [​IMG]Lv. 8 - 16
    [​IMG]Lv. 3 - 20
    [​IMG]Lv. 9 - 9
    [​IMG]Lv. 6 - 6
    [​IMG]Lv. 10 - 21
    [​IMG]Lv. 12 - 19
    [​IMG]Lv. 18 - 18

#9 May 21, 2017
  10. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Entry 5
    • Started out by attempting some special manipulation that involved catching Bibarel, checking the stats, then running in a certain pattern to encounter a Chansey with a guaranteed Lucky Egg, but ended up using Thief to steal one from the fourth random encounter Chansey I found. All captured Bibarel were released, and no Pokémon fainted (although Sophie got really close a few more times than I wanted)
    • Encountered and captured a Ponyta on Route 210. Named her Fire Horse because I'm not creative. Fire Horse has a Bashful nature [neutral].
    • While grinding on Route 210, Fire Horse was killed by a trained Girafarig's Stomp. RIP Fire Horse Lv. 18 - 18.
    • While grinding on Route 210, Roscoe evolved into Roselia, and Sophie evolves into Floatzel.
    • Encountered and captured an Abra on Route 215. Named her Whiskers because of Alakazam's fab 'stache. Whiskers has a Modest nature [+SpA, -Atk], and I cry because not only did I manage to capture an Abra in one Great Ball, but it has an amazing nature. Let's hope she doesn't die any time soon.
    • While grinding on Route 215, Whiskers evolved into a Kadabra.
    • Defeated Gym Leader Maylene. No deaths occurred.
    Sorry for short post, but the grinding was much longer than it looks in writing.

Current Team:
    [​IMG]Lv. 25
    [​IMG]Lv. 25
    [​IMG]Lv. 27
    [​IMG]Lv. 26
    [​IMG]Lv. 32

Boxed Pokémon:
    [​IMG]Lv. 11
    [​IMG]Lv. 6
    [​IMG]Lv. 16
    [​IMG]Lv. 17

Deaths:
    [​IMG]Lv. 3 -7
    [​IMG]Lv. 3 - 8
    [​IMG]Lv. 8 - 16
    [​IMG]Lv. 3 - 20
    [​IMG]Lv. 9 - 9
    [​IMG]Lv. 6 - 6
    [​IMG]Lv. 10 - 21
    [​IMG]Lv. 12 - 19
    [​IMG]Lv. 18 - 18
    [​IMG]Lv. 18 - 18

#10 May 22, 2017
  11. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Entry 6
    • Encountered and captured a Hippopotas in Ruin Maniac Cave. Named him Potato because he is one. Potato has a Lax nature [+Def, -SpD], and was transferred to the PC.
    • Encountered and captured a Girafarig in Valor Lakefront. Named him Paul for no specific reason. Paul has a Naughty nature [+Atk, -SpD], and was transferred to the PC.
    • Encountered and captured a Shellos on Route 213. Named him Kellyn for no specific reason. Kellyn has a Careful nature [+SpD, -SpA], and was transferred to the PC.
    • Visited the Pokémon Center in Pastoria City to evolve Whiskers into an Alakazam.
    • Encountered and captured a Wooper in Great Marsh. Named her Wippor because karatekid770. Wippor has an Impish nature [+Def, -SpA], and was transferred to the PC.
    • Revived an Armour Fossil for Sheildon in Oreburgh City. Named him Webster for no specific reason. Webster has a Quirky nature [neutral], and was transferred to the PC.
    • Defeated Gym Leader Wake. No deaths occurred.
    • Defeated Bean in Pastoria City. No deaths occurred.
    • While grinding on Route 210, Gohan evolved into Infernape.
    • Defeated Gym Leader Fantina. Sophie is killed by her Gengar's critical Shadow Claw. RIP Sohpie Lv. 7 - 37.
    • Encountered and captured a Finneon on Route 219. Named him Rei after the character from the anime Free!. Rei has a Bold nature [+Def, -Atk], and was transferred to the PC.
    • Encountered a Wingull on Route 221, but killed it with Whiskers' Focus Blast.
    • Encountered a Shinx in the Fuego Ironworks (why aren't there Fire-types here? Trick question, there's only 2 in the game and one's a starter lol). but killed it with Whiskers' critical Shock Wave.
    • Rei is swapped out for Sophie, who was being used as a Surf Slave to find more Water-types. (The ones I already caught all had really bad natures and I couldn't bare to replace Sophie with something crappy)
    Current Team:
    [​IMG]Lv. 36
    [​IMG]Lv. 36
    [​IMG]Lv. 34
    [​IMG]Lv. 36
    [​IMG]Lv. 15
    [​IMG]Lv. 20 (Temporary - Fly/Defog Slave)

Boxed Pokémon:
    [​IMG]Lv. 11
    [​IMG]Lv. 6
    [​IMG]Lv. 16
    [​IMG]Lv. 17
    [​IMG]Lv. 22
    [​IMG]Lv. 21
    http://serebii.net/diamondpearl/pokemon/422-e.pngLv. 20
    [​IMG]Lv. 22
    [​IMG]Lv. 20

Deaths:
    [​IMG]Lv. 3 -7
    [​IMG]Lv. 3 - 8
    [​IMG]Lv. 8 - 16
    [​IMG]Lv. 3 - 20
    [​IMG]Lv. 9 - 9
    [​IMG]Lv. 6 - 6
    [​IMG]Lv. 10 - 21
    [​IMG]Lv. 12 - 19
    [​IMG]Lv. 18 - 18
    [​IMG]Lv. 18 - 18
    [​IMG]Lv. 7 - 37

#11 May 23, 2017
    Butternut likes this.
  12. Pixel

Pixel Aether Child

Thamill
    (Larvitar)
    Level 16
    PokéPoints:
    ₽274.5
    Entry 7
    • Encountered and captured a Tentacool on Route (218). Named him Tentai for no particular reason. Tentai has a Serious nature [neutral], and was transferred to the PC.
    • Defeated Bean in Canalave City. No deaths occurred.
    • While grinding on Iron Island, Rei evolved into Lumineon.
    • Defeated Gym Leader Byron. No deaths occurred.
    • Encountered a Bronzor in Wayward Cave, but went against capturing it (in other words, I was salty about it not being a Gible).
    • Defeated Galactic Commander Saturn at Lake Valor.
    • Defeated Galactic Commander Mars at Lake Verity.
    • Encountered and captured a Sneasel on Route 216. Named him Niles for no particular reason. Niles has an Adamant nature [+Atk, -SpA], and was added to the team.
    • While attempting to capture Niles, Rei is killed by an attack I didn't see because I was distracted, most likely a critical hit. RIP Rei Lv. 12 - 36.
    • While grinding on Route 216, Roscoe learned Petal Dance, so I allowed it to evolve. Roscoe evolved into Roserade
    • Encountered and captured a Snover on Route 217. Named her Yuki after the legend of the Yuki-Onna. Yuki has an Impish nature [+Def, -SpA], as was transferred to the PC.
    • Encountered a Machoke in Acuity Lakefront, but went against capturing it.
    • Defeated Gym Leader Candice. No deaths occurred.
    • Spent a long-ass time (like, 3 - 4 hours) grinding my 5-man team to Lv. 50, because god knows I won't be bothered doing it at Victory Road + it was easier (but still more time-consuming) to do it in Acuity Lakefront for some reason (well, except Hail. Oh my god I hate the weather). Also traded myself the item needed to evolve Sneasel into Weavile, and as such, Niles evolved into Weavile.
    • Defeated Galactic Leader Cyrus in Veilstone Galactic HQ.
    • Defeated Galactic Commander Saturn in Veilstone Galactic HQ.
    • Encountered an Abomasnow on Mt. Coronet (outer), but failed to capture it in order to save Gohan's life.
    Current Team:
    [​IMG]Lv. 56
    [​IMG]Lv. 55
    [​IMG]Lv. 55
    [​IMG]Lv. 56
    [​IMG]Lv. 55
    [​IMG]Lv. 20 (Temporary - Fly/Defog Slave)

Boxed Pokémon:
    [​IMG]Lv. 11
    [​IMG]Lv. 6
    [​IMG]Lv. 16
    [​IMG]Lv. 17
    [​IMG]Lv. 22
    [​IMG]Lv. 21
    [​IMG]Lv. 20
    [​IMG]Lv. 22
    [​IMG]Lv. 20
    [​IMG]Lv. 25
    [​IMG]Lv. 34

Deaths:
    [​IMG]Lv. 3 -7
    [​IMG]Lv. 3 - 8
    [​IMG]Lv. 8 - 16
    [​IMG]Lv. 3 - 20
    [​IMG]Lv. 9 - 9
    [​IMG]Lv. 6 - 6
    [​IMG]Lv. 10 - 21
    [​IMG]Lv. 12 - 19
    [​IMG]Lv. 18 - 18
    [​IMG]Lv. 18 - 18
    [​IMG]Lv. 7 - 37
    [​IMG]Lv. 12 - 36

13. ClefairyKid

ClefairyKid (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

PokéPoints:
    ₽854.6
    Psychium Z ★★★★Poké Doll ★★Waterium Z ★★★★Ice Stone ★★★★Love Ball ★★★★★
    I'm not one for nicknaming Pokémon (or really nuzlockes for that matter) but I really appreciate your witty approach to naming and succinctly commentating the events in dot point form. It's very nicely laid out. Also Bean rival; best.