1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Landorus vs. Landorus-T

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by The Unknown, Jun 3, 2013.

?

Which Pokemon is the greater threat in competitive battling?

1. Landorus

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Landorus-T

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Unknown

The Unknown Collector

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Hey guys. Today's competitive discussion will be about which Legendary form of the same Pokémon is better: Landorus or Landorus-T. Both belong to the OU tier according to Smogon, Showdown, and Pokémon Online, so they compete at the same level. Landorus and Landorus-T have different stats and different abilities, which result in different sets and roles that these Pokémon have.

I think Landorus is a greater threat than Landorus-T in competitive battling because Landorus is faster and has access to two great abilities that it can utilize: Sand Force and Sheer Force. Sand Force boosts the power of rock, ground, and steel type attacks by 30% when there is a sandstorm; getting a sandstorm on the field is easy in this metagame as both Tyranitar and Hippowdon can supply this. With this ability (that Landorus-T does not get), Landorus's attacks are at the same level (if not greater) as Landorus T's attacks. Sheer Force allows Landorus to use its great 115 base sp. atk and use moves like Earth Power, Focus Blast, and Psychic, all of which are boosted by sheer force. Landorus's offensive versatility is greater than Landorus-T, who is usually setup sweeper, scout, or team supporter.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Ryan

Ryan lasagna bad

pointy face
    (Nidoran♀)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,281.4
    Charizardite X ★★★★
    It was really close with me. Like you brought up about Landorus, it's faster and more versatile, as well as having two great abilities, but I chose Therian because of the set I've been running on it (Rock Polish, Earthquake, Stone Edge, Swords Dance). It's devastating if you manage to set up, which isn't too hard if you have a Pokémon to spread status across the opposing team.

3. ID Zeta

ID Zeta Resident Physicist

Solaire
    (Larvesta)
    Level 18
    PokéPoints:
    ₽3,384.3
    I agree with the original statement to some degree. Landorus does boast greater speed, but a lot of it's known power is lost when out of a sandstorm. Take it out of a sandstorm, and it's fairly easy pickings. Landorus-T boasts more raw power and can easily speed up with Rock Polish. It's also arguably the best Gravity user out there, with only Landorus, ironically enough, to challenge it.
    So, in short, take Landorus out of a sandstorm and a good portion of its power is lost. Landorus-T isn't so dependent on weather.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.