1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

if there was another 150 pokemon will they be mostly fairy types?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by LilSamuraiOshawott, Jun 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilSamuraiOshawott

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    well im guessing that there will be another 150 Pokémon yet to come but what if most of them where fairy or even the past releast types Dark and Steel? well we must learn more about x and y !!!! soon........

2. Fleck

Fleck Sailor

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I'm expecting a lot more than 150 Pokémon. Seeing as the Pokédex is going to be split up into three sections, it'd be dumb to only have 50 Pokémon per section. The HGSS Pokédex held 256 Pokémon, even though when GSC came out it only introduced 100 new Pokémon. RSE's regional dex had 202 Pokémon, Plat had a dex that had 210, BW had 155, and BW2 had the number at 300.

With the potential to have 202 Pokémon in a regional dex back in..I think '03? I'm pretty sure '03, and the potential to have 300 with the newest game and all the features put into BW2, I don't see a lack of anything coming with X/Y. It'd be neat to see a good amount of Fairy Types, but not a majority. I'm not too sure on Dark/Steel types, though I can see a nice addition to the number of Dragon Types, just to really show off Fairy Typed Pokemons' potential.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Pyramid King

Pyramid King Just checking on things

Egg
    (Odd Egg (S))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽66.6
    I agree with Fleck with the more than 150 more Pokémon but I think that only some will be fairy. I believe that Sylveon is a fairy type. I hope they will add more Pokémon to other types like dark or ghost types because I have seen some but not many.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Slugkid

Slugkid Slacker Extraordinaire

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    Well, to be honest, I'm pretty sure this generation will have Pokémon from other regions thrown in, kinda like Gen IV and BW2, so a big regional pokédex is possible even if they add 100~150 new Pokémon. And I doubt they'll add LOTS of fairy types, they'll re-type a few old Pokémon, for sure, and then there'll be two or three families of fairy types, plus the odd one here or there.

I like that the new fairy type allows just-ok Dragon types, instead of all of them (Minus a few) being super awesome and powerful. Kinda lets the type be more of an almost "everyday" type.

Nate likes this.
  5. MissLight

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I don't think so, because think back to Gold & Silver when they added the Dark and Steel types. They added about 5 new dark types, and about 5 new steel types. And both these types were served to level out the Psychic type.

So I don't think they'll add too much Fairy types, as they are just to level out the dragon type. But who knows C:

6. Fooze

Fooze Rival

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    I don't think most of the new Pokémon will be Fairy types. If most of the 6th Gen Pokémon were Fairy types it would spoil the whole diversity of the X and Y (and Z?) Pokédex. I personally don't think they need to add too many Fairy types - like Slugkid said - they will retype previous Pokémon. Another reason is that there aren't a huge number of Dragon type Pokémon i.e. not a huge need for Fairy types. If they are going to add many Fairy type Pokémon they will need to create more Steel and Poison type Pokémon (weakness of Fairy) to evenly weight it.

7. MissLight

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I'm also curious why they make Jigglypuff instead of Clefairy a fairy type.... I mean Clefairy has it in the name.

8. EmeraldGlee

EmeraldGlee DESPAIR FOR ME!

PokéPoints:
    ₽50.0
    I would love it if this game had a lot of mons before the regional dex but I don't think there would be a lot of Fairy types. I have to agree with all of those mentioned above, retyping old mons and making only a few new ones...yeah, that's highly possible. Besides, who would want to play a game with mostly Fairy types? Pokémon is awesome for its diversity.

Maybe they did but they wanted to show off the others that wouldn't be so obvious? I mean, I think a lot of cynical fans would say "Of course Clefairy is obviously a Fairy type! Why don't you guys show us something else!!" or something. :)

9. MissLight

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Hm :/ Maybe. Only time will tell!

10. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    I'm sure Clefairy will be Normal/Fairy type. I think they just showed a few old Pokémon that will be retyped. They'll probably make Snubbull Fairy/Normal as well.

11. MissLight

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I hope there's more, but in GSC when they added the dark/steel types, they only added 5, and I think that included the re-types, I may be wrong. I'm sure they're going to have more than 5 Fairy types, especially since there's over 600 Pokémon now, but if so I don't think too much more re-typing will happen. And I find it kind of strange why they would make both little pink Pokémon a fairy type... the Pokémon themselves are already very similar. Like, why note one or the other?

12. Shadow Blaze

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.0
    - There will probably be more.
    - The only re-typing when Dark and Steel Types were brought into play was with Magnemite.
    - There have already been four - five Fairy Type Pokémon introduced/re-typed. I'm sure that we'll get a lot more, but I doubt most of the Pokémon of this generation will be Fairy.

13. LilSamuraiOshawott

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    im sure they will change more of the old Pokémon to fairy but if some Pokémon that is said to be fairy and is not... well at least it will know oone or more fairy type move bc fairy types cant just keep there moves to there self

14. GarchompIsBlaziken

PokéPoints:
    ₽44.8
    I'm guessing that about 1/10 of the new ones will be fairy types, but i feel like that 1/10 will be like 30 to 40, because game freak seems to have a trend going where they have a better regional dex almost every generation, plus the fact that its so big that they have to split it up into three parts, it seems like it will not let down in the amount of Pokémon.

15. Media Fan

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    I never noticed that. It seems that the sequels like Platinum, Black 2, and White 2 have more Pokémon in the regional Pokédex than the original titles.

16. midnightclubx

midnightclubx Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽33.9
    Nah, people would complain that most of the Pokémon are fairy-types. XD I'm sure a good chunk are gonna be retconned, just like Jigglypuff/Gardevoir are. It would, however, be cool if we saw a Fairy/Ghost type. : P

17. hunduel

hunduel Pokérator

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I guess there will be 300 Pokémon in this game: 150 old and 150 new. Don't forget that they need to make 3D models and it can be a lot of work to export them, so I'm sure that not all Pokémon will be included in this game. For the fairies, I think 10-20 Pokémon will be Fairy, some of them are totally new Pokémon never seen before, and some of them are old ones who now are Fairy-Type.

18. Blizzarf

Blizzarf PKMN Breeder

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    I think they'll only be between 15-20.

19. Flurh

Flurh Youngster

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I look forward to seeing more Fairy Types. Clefairy HAS to be Fairy Type, it wouldn't make sense if it wasn't. Snubull too, it's called the Fairy Pokémon >.<

20. Pacman9

Pacman9 School Kid

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    I actually expect an addition to minority types like ghost but I belive that all the types will get cool additions. Fairies will also get a fair share, but not more than others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.