Background Changer

Background Style & Options

Background Image Rotator

Create a list of background images to use and a random one from the list will be used each time you refresh or go to a different page!

Color Scheme Changer

Width Changer

Minimum allowed width is 960px, default width is 87%.
Welcome to our site, Guest!
If you're new, why not join us? If not, click here to sign in.

Photo

Bug Report Thread

• Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

#441 Posted 03 June 2016 - 06:06 PM

Sugar
    Sugar

Mother Beast

• VIP
  • 6,079 posts

User's Awards

Forum Theme: Lake Valor
Web Browser: Google Chrome
Operating System: Chrome OS
Issue: I noticed a bug with the new feature that was recently installed.  If you click the "(number) of people like this" in the status updates, you will get a Fatal error.  Not sure if it's just me or what.  Here's a screenshot.

Posted Image

Avatar & Signature by LostSpirit

#442 Posted 03 June 2016 - 07:19 PM

Sanctuary

User's Awards

Forum Theme: Palette Town

Web Browser: Chrome

Operating System: Windows Vista

Issue: I have two issues:

First of all, for some mysterious reason, my old avatar still shows up in the "Staff online box"
9ffdb26442d546079719b33ba1f7a397.png

Second of all, for some mysterious reason, whenever I hover above the awards in the Awards UCP page with my mouse, the awards' names don't show up.

For your first issue, that can be solved by simply clearing your cache.

For your second issue, are you sure you're hovering over the award icon and not the box container the awards are inside in?
Like this: http://lakevalor.net...s_ucp_title.gif

But either way, I'm planning on updating that page either tonight or tomorrow with a fresh new look/functionality, so it should be easier to tell which award is which soon.

Operating System: Chrome OS
Issue: I noticed a bug with the new feature that was recently installed.  If you click the "(number) of people like this" in the status updates, you will get a Fatal error.  Not sure if it's just me or what.  Here's a screenshot.

This should be fixed now, as far as I can see.

#443 Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:59 AM

Eclipse
    Eclipse

Changing the Future

• 2,476 posts

User's Awards

Web Browser: Firefox 46
Operating System: Windows XP SP3
Issue: When you go to see what people have Liked a status update, it will show that person's username, avatar, and usertitle;
however, if that person's usertitle is one set by default (which is the case for almost everyone without a nameglow), the usertitle will not be shown.

(I know why this is; I'm just wondering if that was intentional or not.)

My name is Eclipse. When the world is at its darkest, I shall appear.
I am currently a moderator for the Intro Lobby, The Lounge, Q&A, and Video Games sections.
I'm also in charge of the Writers team here, so I can handle any inquiries about that.

Do you have any questions for me? Or about Lake Valor? Or about math? Or just want to chat?
Drop me a line on my wall or in my inbox - I'll assist you in any way I can!

gallery_4732_21_841.png

#444 Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:45 PM

Sanctuary

User's Awards

Issue: When you go to see what people have Liked a status update, it will show that person's username, avatar, and usertitle;
however, if that person's usertitle is one set by default (which is the case for almost everyone without a nameglow), the usertitle will not be shown.

(I know why this is; I'm just wondering if that was intentional or not.)

It is indeed intentional. I may swap this out in the future with something else (most likely number of posts), or I may just try to fix it so that it doesn't show us as blank for those who don't have a custom member title, so that it looks the same for each item.

#445 Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:51 AM

Megarai111

User's Awards

Issue: Is this because you temporarily disabled the other Donator Benefits or is this just a bug?

(warning, big image)

gallery_4754_7_257868.png

gallery_4754_7_254.png Congratulations! Our random number generator selected YOU! Click here to claim your one million dollars! gallery_4754_7_145.png

#446 Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:32 PM

Sanctuary

User's Awards

Issue: Is this because you temporarily disabled the other Donator Benefits or is this just a bug?

(warning, big image)

This should be fixed on your end now. :)
But if anybody else who utilizes that pages comes across this issue, please PM me or leave a comment on my profile and I'll fix it for you asap!

#447 Posted 01 July 2016 - 12:19 AM

thunder2910

User's Awards

Operating System: Mac OSX 
Issue: not getting access from this browser, it keeps coming up with 'There appears to be an error with the database' I thought that the whole site was down or something until I accessed it through Safari 

Here the pic gallery_1378_9_49318.png

Shiny Ninetales Adoptable

#448 Posted 01 July 2016 - 09:03 AM

122 Generation
Forum Theme: Lake Valor and Roleplay Institute
Operating System: Mac iOS 9.3.2
Issue: So I try to access the forum but I always run into the same problem: the so-called unable to access the database.
It was worse earlier when the issue escalated to problems with the SQL server (which may account for a separate issue). For now, the issue can be remedied with refreshing the page, but it is a constant irritant.

I second @thunder2910, because I have run into the exact same issue on a mobile. (However, I have yet to try the forum on a computer for now). thunder2910 has already provided an image of the issue.

#449 Posted 02 July 2016 - 01:22 PM

Sanctuary

User's Awards

Operating System: Mac OSX 
Issue: not getting access from this browser, it keeps coming up with 'There appears to be an error with the database' I thought that the whole site was down or something until I accessed it through Safari 

Here the pic gallery_1378_9_49318.png

Forum Theme: Lake Valor and Roleplay Institute
Operating System: Mac iOS 9.3.2
Issue: So I try to access the forum but I always run into the same problem: the so-called unable to access the database.
It was worse earlier when the issue escalated to problems with the SQL server (which may account for a separate issue). For now, the issue can be remedied with refreshing the page, but it is a constant irritant.

I second @thunder2910, because I have run into the exact same issue on a mobile. (However, I have yet to try the forum on a computer for now). thunder2910 has already provided an image of the issue.

My apologies about the late replies, but I believe this should be gone now. We were having technical difficulties with our server and it required some maintenance, so an error popped up while maintenance was taking place.

#450 Posted 14 July 2016 - 09:16 AM

Eclipse
    Eclipse

Changing the Future

• 2,476 posts

User's Awards

Issue: The Show/Hide tags for spoilers are only working intermittently, and more not often than otherwise. I noticed this trend at first yesterday, when Aura linked his X Nuzlocke thread and was having the same issue. Today I tried other threads (the desktop background thread, then my own Q&A thread) and none of the spoiler tags work there either. Refreshing the page appears to have no effect.

What happens is that I can click the "Show" button on the spoiler tag, but it is unresponsive.

I am currently a moderator for the Intro Lobby, The Lounge, Q&A, and Video Games sections.
I'm also in charge of the Writers team here, so I can handle any inquiries about that.

Do you have any questions for me? Or about Lake Valor? Or about math? Or just want to chat?

gallery_4732_21_841.png

#451 Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:08 AM

Sanctuary

User's Awards

Issue: The Show/Hide tags for spoilers are only working intermittently, and more not often than otherwise. I noticed this trend at first yesterday, when Aura linked his X Nuzlocke thread and was having the same issue. Today I tried other threads (the desktop background thread, then my own Q&A thread) and none of the spoiler tags work there either. Refreshing the page appears to have no effect.

What happens is that I can click the "Show" button on the spoiler tag, but it is unresponsive.

No idea where the code for that went, but it should be fixed now.

Here's a spoiler just to confirm that

#452 Posted 17 July 2016 - 07:31 AM

Bionic Puppy

User's Awards

Operating System: Windows 7

Issue: it may be a word limit problem but I wanted to be sure, I would sort out the code for the LVDL Replay thread (mainly just linking different replays) and when I click 'done editing' it would come up with this, a box with nothing in. Refresh and you will be left with the unedited version,

What I tried to implement

Shiny Solrock Adoptable Shiny Pumpkaboo Adoptable Groudon Adoptable

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

| My Q&A | My Blog | My Nuzlocke | My Portfolio |

"The one who never does nothing never makes no mistakes" ~ Francis Henshall

A big thank you to LostSpirit and Dash For my Userbar and Signature!

#453 Posted 18 July 2016 - 05:09 PM

Sanctuary

User's Awards

Issue: it may be a word limit problem but I wanted to be sure, I would sort out the code for the LVDL Replay thread (mainly just linking different replays) and when I click 'done editing' it would come up with this, a box with nothing in. Refresh and you will be left with the unedited version,

What I tried to implement

I went to your post and clicked the Full Editor button and received this error:
31468890105c4a0.png

So that's most likely the main reason why it does that, if not the only one. The maximum number of images allowed is 50, so you may want to check your post and remove some.

#454 Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:03 PM

Cadbberry
    Cadbberry

Cadmin the Admin

• Administrator

• 2,361 posts

User's Awards

Operating System: Windows 10
Issue: I keep getting logged out when I am online and using the forums. Such as I logged in, clicked on my thread to go update and post and I was logged out again. I tried to clear my cache as suggested but that only caused the problem to slow momentarily before it started to happen again with in a few hours. I seem to be the only one experiencing it, at least when I had asked those in the Discord, none were having the problem, so it may just be my browser, OS, or my laptop.

Shiny Mew Adoptable Shiny Roserade Adoptable Shiny Sylveon Adoptable Sylveon Adoptable Froslass Adoptable Volcarona Adoptable

sylvcadbberrywip.png

Sig by DeathxVictoy

#455 Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:47 PM

Sanctuary

User's Awards

Operating System: Windows 10
Issue: I keep getting logged out when I am online and using the forums. Such as I logged in, clicked on my thread to go update and post and I was logged out again. I tried to clear my cache as suggested but that only caused the problem to slow momentarily before it started to happen again with in a few hours. I seem to be the only one experiencing it, at least when I had asked those in the Discord, none were having the problem, so it may just be my browser, OS, or my laptop.

I've had the same issue before on both my phone and laptop, and I've noticed that the solution to it was to clear my cookies (not cache). If you don't wanna clear your cookies for all sites, you can clear them for individual sites.

For Firefox

For Chrome

Hope this helps. :)

#456 Posted 21 July 2016 - 12:14 AM

Megarai111

User's Awards

Forum Theme: Palette TownWeb Browser: Firefox (Mobile version) Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Issue:
I posted this in the Staffchat as well, but only in the MOTM box, Aura's nameglow has disappeared:

gallery_4754_7_257868.png

gallery_4754_7_254.png Congratulations! Our random number generator selected YOU! Click here to claim your one million dollars! gallery_4754_7_145.png

#457 Posted 22 July 2016 - 02:21 PM

Karzarill
    Karzarill

Dark Sea Wyvern

• Contributor+
  • 3,056 posts

User's Awards

Issue: Multiple lines all starting with "warning" shows up at the top of all topic pages. Pages won't fully load and posts gets cut off a post or two after the first post on the page.

I have provided some screenshots since i suck at explaining.

Skarmory Adoptable Raikou Adoptable Nidoqueen Adoptable Shiny Nidoqueen Adoptable Shiny Raikou Adoptable Shiny Skarmory Adoptable

roflbot_8.jpg

#458 Posted 22 July 2016 - 11:10 PM

Sanctuary

User's Awards

Forum Theme: Palette TownWeb Browser: Firefox (Mobile version) Operating System: Android 5.1.1 Issue:
I posted this in the Staffchat as well, but only in the MOTM box, Aura's nameglow has disappeared:

I'll be leaving this alone at that moment since it's not a very important thing. After we fix the more annoying issues (which will hopefully happen this weekend), I'll begin fixing small things like this.

Issue: Multiple lines all starting with "warning" shows up at the top of all topic pages. Pages won't fully load and posts gets cut off a post or two after the first post on the page.

I have provided some screenshots since i suck at explaining.

This should be fixed now, sorry about that.

#459 Posted 26 July 2016 - 12:20 PM

Eclipse
    Eclipse

Changing the Future

• 2,476 posts

User's Awards

Issue: The "Recruitment Crew" at the bottom of the index is immune to the "Toggle Name Glows" effect on the Palette Town theme. (The glow effect on it appears to be always 'on'.)

gallery_4732_21_841.png

#460 Posted 26 July 2016 - 02:00 PM

Sanctuary

User's Awards

Issue: The "Recruitment Crew" at the bottom of the index is immune to the "Toggle Name Glows" effect on the Palette Town theme. (The glow effect on it appears to be always 'on'.)

So it was. Should be fixed now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users