Background Changer

Background Style & Options

Background Image Rotator

Create a list of background images to use and a random one from the list will be used each time you refresh or go to a different page!

Color Scheme Changer

Width Changer

Minimum allowed width is 960px, default width is 87%.
Welcome to our site, Guest!
If you're new, why not join us? If not, click here to sign in.

Photo

Bug Report Thread

• Please log in to reply
516 replies to this topic

#461 Posted 27 July 2016 - 12:13 AM

Megarai111
    Megarai111

A Tongue of Silver, A Heart of Gold

• Contributor
  • 1,717 posts

User's Awards

Forum Theme: Palette Town
Web Browser: Firefox for Android
Operating System: Android 5.1.1
Issue: When changing my signature via the mobile app, everything shows in HTML code, even though I have that turned off. Also, after changing my signature, it's now a heap of code...

jeff_4_edited_3_by_megarai111-daxqqcj.pn
Congratulations! Our random number generator selected YOU! Click here to claim your one million dollars!

#462 Posted 27 July 2016 - 02:50 PM

Sanctuary

User's Awards

Web Browser: Firefox for Android
Operating System: Android 5.1.1
Issue: When changing my signature via the mobile app, everything shows in HTML code, even though I have that turned off. Also, after changing my signature, it's now a heap of code...

This is a known issue with mobile devices. Trying to edit your main profile bits will usually end it in breakage (About Me, member title, and signatures specifically).
I've fixed your signature for you now, and it seems like your About Me and member title are fine. Try to avoid editing those things from your phone unless you're typing out the BBCode yourself. :P

#463 Posted 09 August 2016 - 08:44 AM

Cadbberry
    Cadbberry

~The Forgotten One~

• Super Moderator

• 1,695 posts

User's Awards

Web Browser: Chrome
Operating System: Windows 10
Issue: I misclicked the PM notfication toggle so now I do not receive notifications for a PM but when I went to toggle it back on it just reloads the page with no change to the setting.

Azelf Adoptable Darkrai Adoptable Sylveon Adoptable Shiny Sylveon Adoptable Shiny Sawsbuck Adoptable Shiny Azelf Adoptable

sylvcadbberrywip.png

Sig by DeathxVictoy

#464 Posted 09 August 2016 - 10:55 AM

Sanctuary

User's Awards

Issue: I misclicked the PM notfication toggle so now I do not receive notifications for a PM but when I went to toggle it back on it just reloads the page with no change to the setting.

The button does seem to be broken for me as well, but I found another way of re-enabling PM notifications. Go to your inbox, find the PM you want to change, and click on the checkbox to the right side of the screen. After that, scroll to the bottom of the page until you see something like this:

374147076870129ec.png

Select the "Turn On Notifications" option and click Go. It should fix itself after that. :)

#465 Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:22 PM

Megarai111
    Megarai111

A Tongue of Silver, A Heart of Gold

• Contributor
  • 1,717 posts

User's Awards

Web Browser: Chrome (expired)
Operating System: Windows Vista
Issue: I was trying to post a topic in the Event forum, but since I wanted to include images, I clicked "Preview Post", but that made the links disappear... Also, upon posting the topic (to try and see if it would load without the links disappearing again, but it didn't post the topic at all... instead, it took me back to the homepage.

jeff_4_edited_3_by_megarai111-daxqqcj.pn
Congratulations! Our random number generator selected YOU! Click here to claim your one million dollars!

#466 Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:03 PM

Sanctuary

User's Awards

Web Browser: Chrome (expired)
Operating System: Windows Vista
Issue: I was trying to post a topic in the Event forum, but since I wanted to include images, I clicked "Preview Post", but that made the links disappear... Also, upon posting the topic (to try and see if it would load without the links disappearing again, but it didn't post the topic at all... instead, it took me back to the homepage.

(Sorry for the late reply) I tested it out just now and wasn't able to reproduce the issue you're having, but also considering you've posted a couple other topics from the date this post was made until now, I believe the issue has fixed itself. :P

#467 Posted 18 August 2016 - 10:37 PM

122 Generation

Issue: I'm having an issue with logging out of Lake Valor these days.

In the past all I had to do was hit "sign out" and I would be logged out after. However, once I did that, I was rerouted to the home page where it clearly shows I am still logged in. I could spam the sign out button as many times as I want and I would STILL be logged in.

Sure, one way to remedy this would be to clear my browser's cache memory, but that would require wiping out ALL of the cache, and not specifically Lake Valor's alone.

Any way to sign out of Lake Valor without having to clear my cache all the time?!

Note: this does not apply to mobiles.

#468 Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:04 AM

Sanctuary

User's Awards

Web Browser: ?
Operating System: ?
Issue: I'm having an issue with logging out of Lake Valor these days.

In the past all I had to do was hit "sign out" and I would be logged out after. However, once I did that, I was rerouted to the home page where it clearly shows I am still logged in. I could spam the sign out button as many times as I want and I would STILL be logged in.

Sure, one way to remedy this would be to clear my browser's cache memory, but that would require wiping out ALL of the cache, and not specifically Lake Valor's alone.

Any way to sign out of Lake Valor without having to clear my cache all the time?!

Note: this does not apply to mobiles.

This is usually an issue with your browser's cookies. If you want to do a quick test on this, open up your browser, create a new Private/Incognito window, and sign into LV. After you're signed in, try to sign out. If you're able to sign out normally, it's a cookie issue, in which I would suggest clearing your cookies Lake Valor. With cookies, you actually can clear them for individual sites. Here's a how-to for Firefox and Chrome I posted in this thread a month ago.

And for the record, it is possible to clear your cache for a single site, but only for Chrome (as far as I know).
To do this, go to the site you want to clear your cache for, press F12 (this will open up the developer tools), and then right-click the refresh button to the left of the address bar. After that, click "Empty Cache and Hard Reload" and you're done. :P

P.S. - I merged your thread into the Bug Report Thread. Please use this thread for any future bug reports.

#469 Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:06 AM

Chronicle-King

IssueSo I'm trying to edit a post in one of my threads. For very small edits like adding or removing a word or two, it works perfectly fine no issue at all. But since I'm trying to update a literature thread with additional chapters, it's not letting the edits actually go through at all despite the fact the actual text appears in the edit window just fine, and only disappears once I'm taken back to the topic page where the changes made by editting just outright didn't apply to the post.

Edit: I found the issue; the literature library, despite the rules in place, can't let you make posts that are above a certain character count, meaning despite the rules saying the chapters should only be placed in the first post, I had to post the new chapters as a separate post for the moment being until this issue is resolved.

33c7mkj.jpg

#470 Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:10 AM

Sanctuary

User's Awards

IssueSo I'm trying to edit a post in one of my threads. For very small edits like adding or removing a word or two, it works perfectly fine no issue at all. But since I'm trying to update a literature thread with additional chapters, it's not letting the edits actually go through at all despite the fact the actual text appears in the edit window just fine, and only disappears once I'm taken back to the topic page where the changes made by editting just outright didn't apply to the post.

Edit: I found the issue; the literature library, despite the rules in place, can't let you make posts that are above a certain character count, meaning despite the rules saying the chapters should only be placed in the first post, I had to post the new chapters as a separate post for the moment being until this issue is resolved.

As mentioned on Discord, the issue with the post you were trying to make was not with the character limit, but instead either a BBCode issue or something similar. Your first post contained 43,000+ and your second post contained 50,000+ characters, combining them would result in almost 100,000 characters, which isn't enough to break the character limit.

For future references, the character limit is at 16.7 million.

#471 Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:50 AM

Dash
    Dash

Just Smile!

• VIP
  • 97 posts

User's Awards

Forum Theme: Great Lake
Web Browser: Safari
Operating System: iOS 
Issue: So, I just noticed this out of the blue and I don't know if it's a bug or intended, but I figured it would be best to post about it. On mobile (I was doing this on my iPad), you are completely unable to use Drafts. After I chose the draft I wanted to use and clicked restore, it said that my post has been restored, but nothing ever showed up. I tried this 3 times to no avail. I got on my computer later on and I got the drafted post to restore with no problems, so I know it's not an issue of me not saving the post.

QvsA0v1.gif

Avatar and signature by Neo Emolga of PXR.

"I always say exactly what I'm feeling, and if they don't like me, that's fine! It doesn't change the fact that I was close to their hearts."

#472 Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:54 PM

Eclipse
    Eclipse

Transcending Humanity

• 2,322 posts

User's Awards

Web Browser: Firefox 46
Operating System: Windows XP SP3
Issue: So this has happened on and off to me for a few months now, but I didn't notice it before because it was sporadic and I wasn't sure if I was seeing things or not, but now I know.

I'm unable to save my Notes (in the User CP, 'Manage Notes'). When I hit the Save Changes button, I see the little 'loading/saving' bar up top, but I receive no confirmation. When I refresh the page my changes are there, but when I open my Notes again, none of the changes are present.

Is there a character limit to how large the Notes can be? If so that may be an issue, but either way this is something I should bring to attention.

My name is Eclipse. When the world is at its darkest, I shall appear.
I am currently a moderator for all sections in the Site and General categories.

Do you have any questions for me? Or about Lake Valor? Or about math? Or just want to chat?
Drop me a line on my wall or in my inbox - I'll assist you in any way I can!

gallery_4732_21_2339.png

#473 Posted 23 September 2016 - 02:23 PM

Sanctuary

User's Awards

Issue: So this has happened on and off to me for a few months now, but I didn't notice it before because it was sporadic and I wasn't sure if I was seeing things or not, but now I know.

I'm unable to save my Notes (in the User CP, 'Manage Notes'). When I hit the Save Changes button, I see the little 'loading/saving' bar up top, but I receive no confirmation. When I refresh the page my changes are there, but when I open my Notes again, none of the changes are present.

Is there a character limit to how large the Notes can be? If so that may be an issue, but either way this is something I should bring to attention.

Said this via Discord already but I'll post it here just for possible future references - it wasn't a character limit issue (since your notes were 12k characters long and the limit is 65.5k), but it was instead the page itself being broken.

Taking a deeper look into it, I noticed that one of the necessary files used reverted its contents to a version from a few months ago, for some strange and annoying reason. I say annoying because it's not the first time this has happened to a file, but oh well.

Anyway, I believe it should be fixed now.

Web Browser: Safari
Operating System: iOS 
Issue: So, I just noticed this out of the blue and I don't know if it's a bug or intended, but I figured it would be best to post about it. On mobile (I was doing this on my iPad), you are completely unable to use Drafts. After I chose the draft I wanted to use and clicked restore, it said that my post has been restored, but nothing ever showed up. I tried this 3 times to no avail. I got on my computer later on and I got the drafted post to restore with no problems, so I know it's not an issue of me not saving the post.

I'm aware of this bug already but haven't found the time to get around to it. It is a fairly useful and important feature, so I'll be sure to set aside some time this weekend to look further into it.

#474 Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:49 PM

Eclipse
    Eclipse

Transcending Humanity

• 2,322 posts

User's Awards

Issue: Regarding notifications, the amount that I currently have doesn't show up in the page title on the tab.

For example, if I have 1 notification/message, the tab will say (1) Lake Valor - or whatever page I'm on, but currently the (1) isn't there. (This is the case regardless of the number at present.)

Do you have any questions for me? Or about Lake Valor? Or about math? Or just want to chat?

gallery_4732_21_2339.png

#475 Posted 01 October 2016 - 05:39 PM

Sanctuary

User's Awards

Issue: Regarding notifications, the amount that I currently have doesn't show up in the page title on the tab.

For example, if I have 1 notification/message, the tab will say (1) Lake Valor - or whatever page I'm on, but currently the (1) isn't there. (This is the case regardless of the number at present.)

That would be due to this update: http://lakevalor.net...anges/?p=335465

The hook's auto-refreshing functionality bit was disabled at first, but as yesterday, all of it was disabled completely. It'll be re-enabled sometime next week.

#476 Posted 07 October 2016 - 09:24 PM

Eclipse
    Eclipse

Transcending Humanity

• 2,322 posts

User's Awards

Issue: On the Moderating Team Page...

This probably looks a little different from person to person, but it has to do with the Add/Remove Friend button below each person's profile.
For me, the profile of every staff member has the button as Remove Friend, (even though I know exactly half the staff is on my friends list), with 2 exceptions:

:: Cadbberry's entry has it as Add Friend (which is correct for me)
:: Sanctuary's entry doesn't have the button at all, nor the "PM this Member" button.

The page tells me I apparently have the option to remove myself as a friend. I found that amusing.

Edit: Cadbberry's entry now has it as Remove Friend, so all the staff have it as Remove Friend from my view regardless.
Also, for whatever odd reason, Almandine-G's avatar is broken on that page (despite showing up normally elsewhere). I don't know why that is, as his avatar didn't change at all during that time, and Bloom's did but the page shows her (correctly) new avatar.

Edit2: The page was dealing with a cache issue, which (as I was talking it over with Sanc) appears to be resolved. A fix is being developed (the page now has caching disabled), so everything on that page (including the staff blurbs) work as intended.

gallery_4732_21_2339.png

#477 Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:47 PM

Sanctuary

User's Awards

Issue: On the Moderating Team Page...

This probably looks a little different from person to person, but it has to do with the Add/Remove Friend button below each person's profile.
For me, the profile of every staff member has the button as Remove Friend, (even though I know exactly half the staff is on my friends list), with 2 exceptions:

:: Cadbberry's entry has it as Add Friend (which is correct for me)
:: Sanctuary's entry doesn't have the button at all, nor the "PM this Member" button.

The page tells me I apparently have the option to remove myself as a friend. I found that amusing.

Edit: Cadbberry's entry now has it as Remove Friend, so all the staff have it as Remove Friend from my view regardless.
Also, for whatever odd reason, Almandine-G's avatar is broken on that page (despite showing up normally elsewhere). I don't know why that is, as his avatar didn't change at all during that time, and Bloom's did but the page shows her (correctly) new avatar.

Edit2: The page was dealing with a cache issue, which (as I was talking it over with Sanc) appears to be resolved. A fix is being developed (the page now has caching disabled), so everything on that page (including the staff blurbs) work as intended.

As mentioned, it was a cache issue with that specific page. For some reason, it doesn't cache on its own, which is why some things don't get updated until I manually refresh the cache myself.

However, this should no longer be a problem, as I've implemented a new solution. Disabling the cache overall seemed more difficult than I first imagined (hundreds of lines of code, no thank you), so I did some research on this thing called "tasks" that our forum software has. As you can probably guess, tasks are... tasks. They do what they're programmed to do and run at a certain time.

With that being said, the page will still cache itself and won't update automatically - but a task will run once every 24 hours to run a recache on the page, so hopefully this issue doesn't persist.

#478 Posted 19 October 2016 - 04:12 PM

Cadbberry
    Cadbberry

~The Forgotten One~

• Super Moderator

• 1,695 posts

User's Awards

Issue: After using a wonder trade adoptable it sent me to this page 

I dont really know much about this kinda stuff but I dont think it was supposed to do that.

Azelf Adoptable Darkrai Adoptable Sylveon Adoptable Shiny Sylveon Adoptable Shiny Sawsbuck Adoptable Shiny Azelf Adoptable

sylvcadbberrywip.png

Sig by DeathxVictoy

#479 Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:43 PM

Sanctuary

User's Awards

Issue: After using a wonder trade adoptable it sent me to this page 

I dont really know much about this kinda stuff but I dont think it was supposed to do that.

I tested it out myself and it seems to give me the same error. However, it does still give you the random Pokemon you get from a Wonder Trade item, so there shouldn't be an issue as far as that goes.

I'll take a deeper look into this at another time.

#480 Posted 24 October 2016 - 08:56 PM

Eclipse
    Eclipse

Transcending Humanity

• 2,322 posts

User's Awards

Web Browser: Firefox 49
Issue: For the Users Currently Online section (at the bottom of the Forum Index), mousing over a person's name does not give a snapshot of his/her profile, like it's supposed to.
For Staff Online, and for All Users Online Today, however, it still works correctly.

gallery_4732_21_2339.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users