1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Konchuu Sentai: Mushiranger!!! (A Bug Monotype RMT)

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Magistrum, Jul 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Magistrum

Magistrum Swimmer

PokéPoints:
    ₽20.0
    Making RMT's is kinda nice so I wanna try making one :P

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The Power Ranger group pose (cue colored smoke explosions in the background)​
    So, obviously this is a bug monotype team, and so far it's been pretty fun to use. Bug is a solid monotype, and after Talonflame was banned, it finally sees more use again.
    [​IMG]
    Red Ranger (Volcarona) (M) @ Leftovers​
    Ability: Flame Body​
    EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe​
    Bold Nature​
    - Quiver Dance​
    - Fiery Dance​
    - Giga Drain​
    - Hidden Power [Ground]​

My Special sweeper, and the most important member of the team since he is my go-to Pokémon against difficult match-ups like Steel, Flying and Fire. Volcarona's bulk helps him take a hit and pull off a Quiver Dance, and from then proceed to spam Fiery Dance. I lead with him when against Fire teams because he is neutral to fire attacks and could retaliate with a supereffective HP Ground. Giga Drain is there for SE against water-types/ground-types (Kabutops is a massive pain in the ass) as well as a bit of recovery. The 16 speed ev's allow me to outspeed other bulky Volcarona in mirror matches.

[​IMG]
    Blue Ranger (Pinsir) (M) @ Pinsirite​
    Ability: Hyper Cutter​
    Shiny: Yes​
    Happiness: 0​
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe​
    Adamant Nature​
    - Frustration​
    - Quick Attack​
    - Earthquake​
    - Swords Dance​

Blue Ranger is my Physical Sweeper, and is usually sent out lategame to wreck teams after a Swords Dance. Frustration is used over Return as a deterrent to Ditto. Quick Attack is there for priority, and Earthquake for coverage. It is important that those who could wall his set or check him (electric/flying types, Mandibuzz, Skarmory, Landorus-I/T, among others) would have been taken care of or crippled before he is sent out.

[​IMG]
    Green Ranger (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb​
    Ability: Technician​
    EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe​
    Adamant Nature​
    - Bullet Punch​
    - Knock Off​
    - Swords Dance​
    - Defog​

My important Fairy Killer and one of my hazard removers. Green Ranger usually defogs if Pink Ranger is already down, otherwise he sets up and whacks foes with priority Bullet Punch. He also shines against Normal mono where item reliant foes such as Ditto, Porygon2 and Chansey could be taken care of with Knock Off. In mono Water it is important that he matches up with Kabutops, who could otherwise sweep the team with Stone Edge.

[​IMG]
    Yellow Ranger (Galvantula) (F) @ Focus Sash​
    Ability: Compound Eyes​
    EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe​
    Timid Nature​
    IVs: 0 Atk​
    - Sticky Web​
    - Thunder Wave​
    - Thunder​
    - Bug Buzz​

Yellow Ranger is usually my lead against teams that aren't Flying/Fire/Steel mono or teams without Bisharp. Her job is mainly to use Sticky Web so that Purple Ranger can outspeed almost all mons in the game. After that she twaves or does damage before going down. It is really important that Sticky Web is laid out especially on swift swim rain teams where Purple Ranger can potentially outspeed swift swimmers at -1 speed.

[​IMG]
    Pink Ranger (Forretress) (F) @ Leftovers​
    Ability: Sturdy​
    EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD​
    Calm Nature​
    IVs: 0 Atk​
    - Counter​
    - Volt Switch​
    - Stealth Rock​
    - Rapid Spin​

Pink Ranger is the utility mon of the team, whose job is to setup rocks, spin, and possibly sack an opponent via Counter. Sometimes it is more important to use her for downing that Scarftini, Darmanitan, Kabutops or some other mon that could potentially sweep the team than setting up rocks.

[​IMG]
    Purple Ranger (Heracross) (M) @ Choice Scarf​
    Ability: Moxie​
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe​
    Jolly Nature​
    - Megahorn​
    - Close Combat​
    - Stone Edge​
    - Earthquake​

Purple Ranger is my Revenge Killer/Wallbreaker, especially when sticky web is up and it is locked into a move that could hit most of the remaining mons of the opponent. His job is to soften up/kill as many shit as possible for Blue Ranger to dominate lategame.

~~~Matchups/Threats~~~​

Fire - The big problem. Everything except my Volcy is wrecked by fire attacks, which is why it is important that he eliminate as much mons as possible with QD+HP Ground. Here is an example: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oumonotype-143916821

Water - Very hard to deal with especially if it's the Drizzle+SS variant. I usually lead with Volcarona(which they usually dont expect) and setup a QD to survive a hydro pump/scald, or if lucky, they setup Rain Dance on the first turn and i come out unscathed. From there I either do another QD or proceed to Giga Drain. Afterwards I bring in Galvantula and setup sticky web and proceed to at least kill one with Thunder before going down. After that it's usually Hera/Pinsir who I rely on and hope for the best.

Flying - Mandibuzz, Staraptor, Charizard Y and Skarm is a bitch. I usually send my Volc early here and potentially setup a QD before they get to switch in and stop me. After that it's Hera going suicidal with Stone Miss Edge.

Steel - Heatran is the elephant in the room. I usually lead with Volc cuz most steel types are slow anyway and proceed to QD while they setup rocks. From there I proceed to kill as much as possible, but if Volc dies without killing at least 2 mons, gg >_<

~~~Possible Changes~~~​
    I might replace Galvantula with Scolipede if needed, as it could potentially help more with its speed boost+baton pass shenanigans, but Sticky Web is a pretty potent hazard and could possibly have a lasting effect. I'm also considering ToxicStall Shuckle, But what do you think?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.