January 8th, 2017
- Some of these updates are a few days old, so forgive us for the lateness! We've been busy preparing tons of new things for the site, so bear with us for the time being.
- I bring much good news! Some sad news... but mostly good! Let's get started.
- Sadly, our beloved member ❀Bloom❀ has resigned from her Admin position. Bloom has been an awesome staff member through the years and a great friend to us all, and we're sad to see her go, but wish her the absolute best with her future endeavors!
- Tonochi is no longer part of the staff team or Social Crew.
- We're hosting a huge Sun/Moon giveaway! Click here to read more info about it. Thanks to Achromatic for hosting this giveaway!
- If you haven't already noticed, we've revamped our forum sections! Allow me to give you all a quick recap.
- "Information Desk" is now "Info Hub"
- Support Hub has merged into Info Hub
- "Members' Lobby" is now "Intro Lobby"
- Articles is now a subforum under Info Hub.
- All non-Sun/Moon forums have been merged into Pokemon General
- Global Trade Center/Battle Frontier are now "Festival Plaza"
- "Hangout Café" is now "The Lounge"
- Question and Answers is now under the General category
- Game Journals has been removed in favor of a prefix
- Music, TV & Movies, and Anime & Manga are now 1 forum labeled as "Multimedia"
- Literature Library is now a subforum under Creative Corner
- Character Profiles is no longer a forum, but a prefix instead
Pardon me if I missed 1 or 2 updates regarding forums, but that's the basic summary of it all. A ton of prefixes have been added (and some removed), so be sure to utilize them!
- The sidebars got a revamp too!
- Important Topics got moved up, Recent Topics got moved down
- Latest Files has been removed
- Recent Blog Entries now shows the most recent 3 instead of 5
- The MOTM sidebar has gotten a new design in the spirit of condensing things
- But guys, why make all these sudden changes?
While it was unannounced that we would make these changes, we've been giving this some good thought for a while now (on and off, of course). We've had a lot of members give feedback about LV stating that either have too many forums or that it's confusing to navigate around the site. We really wanted to get rid of that that confusion, so hopefully these changes will help with that.
- The navigation bar at the top of the site has slightly been adjusted once more. Shop is now its own tab and Donations was moved under Community.
- On our Discord server, we now have a bot that will post all new topics into the #general channel! Be sure to post in them when you see them.
- The "Like" button on status updates has gotten a revamp too! Except you probably won't notice it, because it was mainly just code updates. But here they are anyway:
Changed A ton of code. Seriously. I rewrote it from the ground up.
Fixed Not being able to like statuses on the Community Status Updates page.
Fixed A bug where you could like a status... more than once.
New When viewing who liked a status, members who don't have a custom member title will have the default post title they have around the forums (which is determined by how many posts they currently have).
- We've got a long (and I mean long) list of things planned for LV, and a ton of them will be for the benefit of you guys! I'm sure a few of you will enjoy these next few updates a good amount.