Background Changer

Background Style & Options

Background Image Rotator

Create a list of background images to use and a random one from the list will be used each time you refresh or go to a different page!

Color Scheme Changer

Width Changer

Minimum allowed width is 960px, default width is 87%.
Welcome to our site, Guest!
If you're new, why not join us? If not, click here to sign in.

Photo

Events YOU want to see

Suggestion Pokemon Vs Pokemon Voting and suggestive fun

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Posted 09 June 2014 - 11:56 AM

Achromatic

User's Awards

What kinds of events do you want to see happen on Lake Valor? We have noticed that a lot of users simply share no interest in a lot of the events we create, apart from specific ones. So what kinds of events would you like to see us make, and which ones would you take part in?

We're trying to get a good idea of how active these events will be, so please don't post if you don't intend on taking part in any  of your suggested events.

Shiny Totodile Adoptable Jirachi Adoptable Shiny Gliscor Adoptable Shiny Sylveon Adoptable Shiny Rowlet Adoptable Shiny Litten Adoptable

Wimpod is cute.

#2 Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:13 PM

Juju
    Juju

Psychic

• 455 posts

User's Awards

The Scavanger Hunt I reccomended.

I dunno what to do for my Signature

#3 Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

AeonsShadow

I want to see an RP based contest. A pokemon Contest that is one part RP, one part Smogon battle. Each person starts out with one or two pokemon, (depending on the contest rules in specific.) and the second part using that pokemon in a pokemon battle versus newly determined opponents.

tumblr_mf3cuvR2L11qh1ngto1_500.gif

There is no more time, even for cake. For you, the cake is over. You have reached the end of cake. - Death

#4 Posted 18 July 2014 - 05:01 PM

diggersby_tho
I want a rotatation battle tournament. I dont see stuff like that much and i would love to participate in one

#5 Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:55 PM

aMageNamedBodvar

Maybe a battle tournament or perhaps a breeding tournament which a few people have to guess what pokemon it is/ ability/ moves based on a series of clues that you get after unlocking each part

#6 Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:55 PM

8542Madness

User's Awards

I like the summer arcade thing that happened a while ago. Everyone played those flash games and competed for the highest score. A decently large group of people participated in that, and I know I had a lot of fun.

#7 Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:21 AM

Northwind's Call

User's Awards

Perhaps a speedrunning contest of some kind? Racing games is always fun :P

WnvRYJ7.png

#8 Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:26 AM

Undying Soul98

I wouldn't mind a fanfiction competition. Sue me, but I'm a terrible artist and wouldn't mind some less artistic comp's.

#9 Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:05 PM

jbbill1

Maybe a 32(or more) man tour on PS? would be interesting since there arent many successful ones

wu5d8j.jpg14s5jn.jpg

#10 Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:25 PM

Crimson

I agree with the tournament, that's what I'm most interested in.

#11 Posted 21 September 2014 - 06:00 PM

「✧Loneli✧」

User's Awards

We should have a "Best PR Video" Contest for X and Y! come one it might be fun and we can show of our X and Y avatars ^u^

#12 Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:21 AM

ThatPsychoticPichu

User's Awards

A Smash Bros Tournament? Team Battles or Free for all.

#13 Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:37 AM

Duderson

Maybe a tournament on Showdown

- Duderson 

"BANG BANG" - Chief Keef 

--------------------------------------

"A legendary Pokemon that is said to live in thunderclouds. It freely controls thunder bolts." - Zapdos Diamond/Pearl/Platinum Pokedex Entry

#14 Posted 30 September 2014 - 07:06 PM

SantaPlays

Pokemon Showdown tournaments hosted my the Lake Valor! Exclusive to Members here also it would be good promotion lake Valor.

Ou ,Uu,Ru,Nu,Pu ex. 

Weekends would be a great time

#15 Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:02 PM

sohrob101

User's Awards

Ok so after seeing how POTW works, an idea got to my head. What if there was a weekly/monthly thread that had two Pokemon go head to head and get a full through comparison. Think of Versus from Screw Attack only with just Pokemon. I feel this can be done well cause people can suggest sets, items, or more strategies that would technically dominate the other Pokemon. An example I have is Tauros vs Kangaskhan. Both mono normal types, one with a mega evolution. You might quickly jump to the conclusion that Kangaskhan wins cause it has parental bond Power-Up punch. But what if in that battle Tauros had his Intimidate ability active, was holding a choice band, and used either stab double-edge or return? It could go either way of course. Tauros can be argued to have more speed and power, while Kangaskhan can be argued to have more power, and a bit more bulk to it. I can see many Pokemon that are either equally or partially matched to the point you can choose one or the other. Another version of this is we could see which Pokemon can hold out better with different threats, and different situations. Who can take on a Talonflame better, who can cause more damage and not run into many issues? It might be a debatable topic but it really would help get people to know underrated Pokemon a bit better too or help them decide some strategie or who might be their goto in specific situations. Of course  the people who would make the last decision based on debates/reasoning from others would be the staff. So what do you think? Can this idea work out well enough? (Also if you want to add a Pokepoints feature where people can win Pokepoints from this, you can have people place a bet, or a vote on who they think should or will win, then those who guessed/voted correctly get Pokepoints for it) :D

zorua.gif         377.gif

Claimer of Zorua and Regirock ~ rgwKVM5.png

#16 Posted 30 October 2014 - 06:23 PM

Blink101

Lots of Shiny giveaways

#17 Posted 30 October 2014 - 07:44 PM

The Psycho Train

I would like to see a tournament-based thing. That would be cool.

#18 Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:36 AM

Kitsune
    Kitsune

<>Fox Demon of Illusion<>

• 280 posts

User's Awards

Giveaways, tourneys, etc
"http://imgur.com/ERNndIG

The shining light of dusk,

A shattered dream is like a far off memory,

A far off memory is like a shattered dream.

I want to line up the pieces,

Yours and Mine.

#19 Posted 07 November 2014 - 01:59 PM

DestinyIslands

personally, i like the idea of tournaments but would like to see it based on randomly generated teams. i did something similar with a group of friends and discovered it was a great way to try out new pokemon you normally wouldnt consider using, and could be a great way for people entering the contests to get better acquainted. admittedly it might take a fair bit of careful planning and monitoring if many people were to enter

in order to succeed, others must fail.-Mandy

#20 Posted 07 November 2014 - 08:47 PM

Ryan Smith

Here's something I came up with, based loosely on Who's that Pokemon?

Name of Event: Where's that Pokemon?

Type of Event: Art Showcase/Guessing Game

Description: Where's that Pokemon is an art showcase where artists can draw any Pokemon they want and any number of Pokemon they want as part of a landscape or environment that actually exists in the real world somewhere. Artists are required to draw each entry in such a way that the community has to use the clues in the environment to determine where the Pokemon is. Examples include food items, clothing, foreign languages, and architecture.

The showcase will select three winners, based on the three entries with the highest number of votes. Prizes will be given to the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners. The votes will rest on which entries people like the most. This event will not only offer something different to LV, allowing for some artistic freedom, but the idea is to make Pokemon seem just a little more real to us fans and bring some smiles. :3

There is also a prize given to the person who correctly guesses the location of each picture more times than anybody else.

Procedure:

This month-long event will start with the first two weeks where artists can prepare and submit their entries to the showcase thread. Once the first two weeks are over, all entries will be counted and the submission period will end. When the third week starts, the voting session will begin, and after the fourth week ends, all the votes will be counted, along with any attempts to guess the location of each entry.

During the last few days of the month before it ends, the results will be shown, beginning with the exact location of the Pokemon in each entry. First, the person who correctly guessed the most locations will be announced and given the Master Geographer award, along with the prize. Then the showcase winners will be announced, and prizes will be given to the top three artists.

-------------------------

Rules:

1: You can either submit a picture or a vote but you can't do both.

2: If you submit a picture, it can neither show the name of the country or the name of its location anywhere on the picture, even as part of the scenery itself. You can use creativity to blur, obscure, or otherwise make the name unreadable if necessary. (ex. drawing a person standing in front of a sign which would show the name) Don't try and cheat by writing the name itself in foreign letters as all text will be examined.

3: The picture can display landmarks and tourist attractions as long as they do not make the location obvious. (Ex. Avoid drawing the Statue of Liberty, the Eiffel Tower, or Big Ben, as they are dead giveaways for the location and make it too easy for people to guess)

4: The picture cannot display any national flags, no matter what nation they represent. Nor can it display any items with pictures of national flags on them. (ex. A coffee cup with the Union Jack painted on it, the British flag.)

5: You can only submit one picture or vote. However, you can attempt a guess at the location for as many entries as you want, just remember to put them all in one post.

6: In addition to drawing Pokemon, you can also draw human characters, even from the Pokemon universe. But you must have a Pokemon clearly shown somewhere on the picture.

7: The points for guessing locations will be determined as follows -- 1 point for correctly guessing the nation & 3 points for correctly guessing both the nation and the exact area the picture shows. (Remember, the picture has to feature an actual location. If you can find it on Google Maps, it counts as an actual location)

8: If you submit a picture, never give out the name of either the nation or the area to anyone else. If you're caught doing that, you will be disqualified. When you submit your picture, send me a PM containing both names. I will number each submission and keep track of them.

-------------------

I will help organize this event if LV agrees to host this event and assist me with putting the prizes together. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this. :)

sibernethy_minecraft_sig_by_malfunit-d9b

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users