Maybe the Steam group could be revived again? It looks like it's been dead for quite a while now, but it'd be fun to have something like monthly multiplayer things on there or other events. The it's now, there's really no point in having a group at all if no one's using it. A shame too, because it definitely has the potential to be something cool, I think.
Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:18 PM
I would suggest an seasonal and holiday art contest that have to do with the theme of the event and can be done every month or so.
Keeps the bunny army at bay
Signature by me
Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:36 AM
(This might already be a thing. Sorry if it is.)
What about a quiz about pokemon? The questions gradually get harder and there is a question each week. If you get one question wrong then you're out, but if you get it right then you keep going and the questions gradually get harder and harder.
Claimer of Takane enemoto, Natsuki Subaru, Andy Dwyer, Rena Ryuugu, Piplup, and Popplio
Avi and sig by me
Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:33 AM
How about an event having something to do with the Eurovision Song Contest (an annual singing event where a lot of European countries compete in. Every country sends in one singer or band. The event itself is three evenings (two semifinals and the finals) filled with listening to songs, after which people from all over Europe get to vote for their favourite song and stuff)?
In more detail: the Eurovision Song Contest is a singing competition between a lot of European countries. All of the participating countries send in an artist or a band. The countries that pay the most for participating automatically participate in the finals, but the other countries first get split in two groups, each of which will have their own semifinals (one will be held on the 10th of May and one on the 12th of May). The countries that get the most votes (I believe the top 8 or the top 10 qualifies) continue to the finals, which will be held on the 14th of May. The winner of the European Song Contest in the finals is chosen by the people using the points system (check out an example here). Voting for the country you're from is not allowed: you can only vote for other countries (otherwise, the smaller countries wouldn't stand a chance).
It's kinda hard to host an event surrounding the semifinals because while the European do get to vote for their favourite song, there's not really a point system that's being used. However, there are still two possible things that could be done:
- We could listen to all the songs participating in the semifinals and predict which ones will go on to the finals. This is hard to turn into an actual event, but it could serve as a nice base for the event I have in mind for the finals.
- As an event surrounding the finals, the people participating could each "represent a country". All participants listen to all the songs participating in the finals and give out points: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 or 12. This way, we create our own kind of LV voting system to find out what song we like best. As soon as the event is closed (which will have to be done before the voting in the finals itself begins), all points will be added up and we'll have our own ranking list! Afterwards, we could all watch the voting in the official contest altogether to see if the list we made was accurate or not.
I hope this is clear enough. If not, feel free to ask and I'll try to explain what I have in mind again.
Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:26 PM
Pokemon Dungeon Theme Event. Like for example Members Participating get pared into groups like the Red Team OR the Blue team. It's like a Scavenger hunt Teams huddle to find certain items around the Pokepoints sticker(Pokepoints Give to the person who found the sticker worth 10 Pokepoint, 50 Pokepoints or 100 Pokepoints Depending on the sticker), Free adoptable Stickers (Given to the person who found the sticker and only could use the sticker once) and a Battle Sticker(The individual has to fight a person showdown for so they aren't find immunity and not get Paralyzed (Not able to participate in a small amount of time) Once the sticker is used by one player they change desination. But the teams have to Find one sticker the Azelf Sticker. The winning team too find that Azelf will be given a rare Azelf adoptable and the Medal for the event and a Poke Point Prize. We can host this once a Month or random when we feel like it.
- LostSpirit likes this
Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:56 AM
- Satix likes this
Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:05 AM
Maybe a set Pokémon Showdown tournament?
I'm not sure if this is even possible, but maybe something could be arranged?
There is the user search function.
I have a list of rules here, too.
1. OP (Over-Powered) Pokémon = Banned.
2. These items are banned: Soul Dew.
3. You cannot use Pokémon that know any of the following moves.
Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:42 PM
I got 2 ideas, actually.
1. Have graphic design contests based on diffrent themes, and we have to find a way to get Pokemon involved with them. (For example, 80s style, medieval style, etc...)
2. Have tourneys on diffrent games. (The Steam group could be really useful for this, since we could have tourneys for games like CSGO, Rocket League, and other stuff.) We could also have tourneys on games on Nintendo Consoles, like Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, and Pokemon. And the rewards could be Pokepoints, for example, 1st place gets 500 Pokepoints, 2nd gets 300, 3rd gets 100, and the others get 50. If it were bigger events with more people participating, the amount of Pokepoints would be higher. That would be really cool, in my opinion.
Ｌｉｖｉｎ＇ ｔｈｅ ８０＇ｓ ｄｒｅａｍ．
Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:20 AM
How about a pokemon halloween contest, ay can enter in anyway ya want
or a pkm christmas/new year event
- Dusty likes this
Thnx to @LostSpirit and @BlazingInfernape@Erza
Posted Yesterday, 11:20 AM
Why not have a poll competition? Have a poll day one about which of two Pokemon, characters, items, or moves everyone thinks are better, and the side with the most votes moves on, allowing everyone who voted for the winning side to vote in the next round, and when there are eventually a very small amount of people left, the rest could be sorted out in 1v1 battles. Current idea is a work in progress, but they mentioned everything else I could think of already
Posted Today, 01:34 AM
How about signature/graphic contests being brought back? Maybe not a "Signature of the Week" since it might be a hassle for the staff to handle but a "Signature of the Month" instead? But now instead of just deciding a theme for the contest, you could give it a bit of an extra challenge by adding restrictions (Ex: Make this with only 10 layers, make a signature by using only clipart for the focal, no undo allowed, etc.) It could also be a part of a seasonal event like the Oktoberfest or Christmas (but with a little extra participation reward for those like event points?)
idk just a thought
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users