Background Changer

Background Style & Options

Background Image Rotator

Create a list of background images to use and a random one from the list will be used each time you refresh or go to a different page!

Color Scheme Changer

Width Changer

Minimum allowed width is 960px, default width is 87%.
Welcome to our site, Guest!
If you're new, why not join us? If not, click here to sign in.

Photo

Events YOU want to see

Suggestion Pokemon Vs Pokemon Voting and suggestive fun

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 Posted 08 January 2016 - 04:06 AM

Maantijger

User's Awards

Maybe the Steam group could be revived again? It looks like it's been dead for quite a while now, but it'd be fun to have something like monthly multiplayer things on there or other events. The it's now, there's really no point in having a group at all if no one's using it. A shame too, because it definitely has the potential to be something cool, I think.

RcGt2aY.gif

#42 Posted 21 April 2016 - 05:18 PM

Vaporstar4x4

User's Awards

I would suggest an seasonal and holiday art contest that have to do with the theme of the event and can be done every month or so.

pre_1451196378__dog_smol_copy.pngKeeps the bunny army at baypre_1451196392__fursona_smol2.png

pre_1462586750__banner_2.png

Signature by me

Ask the bunny army

#43 Posted 22 April 2016 - 10:36 AM

Tonochi
    Tonochi

Omochiikaeri~!

• 389 posts

User's Awards

(This might already be a thing. Sorry if it is.)

What about a quiz about pokemon? The questions gradually get harder and there is a question each week. If you get one question wrong then you're out, but if you get it right then you keep going and the questions gradually get harder and harder.

Oshawott Adoptable Azelf Adoptable

WgYooXV.jpg
Avi and sig by @Darkness

#44 Posted 24 April 2016 - 03:33 AM

Megarai111

User's Awards

How about an event having something to do with the Eurovision Song Contest (an annual singing event where a lot of European countries compete in. Every country sends in one singer or band. The event itself is three evenings (two semifinals and the finals) filled with listening to songs, after which people from all over Europe get to vote for their favourite song and stuff)?

In more detail: the Eurovision Song Contest is a singing competition between a lot of European countries. All of the participating countries send in an artist or a band. The countries that pay the most for participating automatically participate in the finals, but the other countries first get split in two groups, each of which will have their own semifinals (one will be held on the 10th of May and one on the 12th of May). The countries that get the most votes (I believe the top 8 or the top 10 qualifies) continue to the finals, which will be held on the 14th of May. The winner of the European Song Contest in the finals is chosen by the people using the points system (check out an example here). Voting for the country you're from is not allowed: you can only vote for other countries (otherwise, the smaller countries wouldn't stand a chance).

It's kinda hard to host an event surrounding the semifinals because while the European do get to vote for their favourite song, there's not really a point system that's being used. However, there are still two possible things that could be done:

• We could listen to all the songs participating in the semifinals and predict which ones will go on to the finals. This is hard to turn into an actual event, but it could serve as a nice base for the event I have in mind for the finals.

• As an event surrounding the finals, the people participating could each "represent a country". All participants listen to all the songs participating in the finals and give out points: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 or 12. This way, we create our own kind of LV voting system to find out what song we like best. As soon as the event is closed (which will have to be done before the voting in the finals itself begins), all points will be added up and we'll have our own ranking list! Afterwards, we could all watch the voting in the official contest altogether to see if the list we made was accurate or not.

I hope this is clear enough. If not, feel free to ask and I'll try to explain what I have in mind again.

gallery_4754_7_257868.png

gallery_4754_7_254.png Congratulations! Our random number generator selected YOU! Click here to claim your one million dollars! gallery_4754_7_145.png

#45 Posted 25 April 2016 - 06:26 PM

「✧Loneli✧」

User's Awards

Pokemon Dungeon Theme Event. Like for example Members Participating get pared into groups like the Red Team OR the Blue team. It's like a Scavenger hunt Teams huddle to find certain items around the Pokepoints sticker(Pokepoints Give to the person who found the sticker worth 10 Pokepoint, 50 Pokepoints or 100 Pokepoints Depending on the sticker), Free adoptable Stickers (Given to the person who found the sticker and only could use the sticker once) and a Battle Sticker(The individual has to fight a person showdown for so they aren't find immunity and not get Paralyzed (Not able to participate in a small amount of time) Once the sticker is used by one player they change desination. But the teams have to Find one sticker the Azelf Sticker. The winning team too find that Azelf will be given a rare Azelf adoptable and the Medal for the event and a Poke Point Prize. We can host this once a Month or random when we feel like it. 

#46 Posted 01 May 2016 - 05:56 AM

James95
I have an idea. How about an AMV competition?

#47 Posted 13 May 2016 - 07:05 AM

InkaySquidd

Maybe a set Pokémon Showdown tournament?
I'm not sure if this is even possible, but maybe something could be arranged?

There is the user search function.

I have a list of rules here, too.

1. OP (Over-Powered) Pokémon = Banned.

2. These items are banned: Soul Dew.

3. You cannot use Pokémon that know any of the following moves.

Steam Eruption
Hyperspace Hole
Hyperspace Fury

4. You may have no more than 2 Legendaries on your team.

5. You cannot use the following Pokémon:
Mewtwo, Mew, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Meloetta, and Genesect.

(I'm willing to change the rules if you think this is a good idea. O_O
It's probably not.  :furious:  lol)

#48 Posted 28 August 2016 - 03:42 PM

Zoryuken

I got 2 ideas, actually.

1. Have graphic design contests based on diffrent themes, and we have to find a way to get Pokemon involved with them. (For example, 80s style, medieval style, etc...)

2. Have tourneys on diffrent games. (The Steam group could be really useful for this, since we could have tourneys for games like CSGO, Rocket League, and other stuff.) We could also have tourneys on games on Nintendo Consoles, like Mario Kart 8, Super Smash Bros, and Pokemon. And the rewards could be Pokepoints, for example, 1st place gets 500 Pokepoints, 2nd gets 300, 3rd gets 100, and the others get 50. If it were bigger events with more people participating, the amount of Pokepoints would be higher. That would be really cool, in my opinion.

Livin'  the  80's  dream.

71aef30c2a874cd39d346b6d85c80285.png

#49 Posted 24 September 2016 - 05:20 AM

~Seeker Of Shadows~

User's Awards

How about a pokemon halloween contest, ay can enter in anyway ya want

or a pkm christmas/new year event

Pachirisu Adoptable Floatzel Adoptable Shiny Cyndaquil Adoptable Mudkip Adoptable

imageedit_1_2351236477_zpsvkq08hdd.png

Thnx to @Seprix and @Vigilance

uWZNO39.png

#50 Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:12 PM

Arc1Dragon

User's Awards

How about a Pokémon Battle Royal tournament? Winners could receive shinies, high IV Pokémon or something similar.With the join tournaments with QR codes added into sun and moon this could be easy
Shiny Rowlet Adoptable Taillow Adoptable Froslass Adoptable Turtwig Adoptable Shiny Snivy Adoptable
serperior chesnaught swampert swampert-mega decidueye My starter Pokémon

First Shiny shiny-dialga First Random Shiny shiny-dugtrio

#shippersunite
#amourshipping

#51 Posted 16 January 2017 - 11:20 AM

FireSpartan5

Why not have a poll competition? Have a poll day one about which of two Pokemon, characters, items, or moves everyone thinks are better, and the side with the most votes moves on, allowing everyone who voted for the winning side to vote in the next round, and when there are eventually a very small amount of people left, the rest could be sorted out in 1v1 battles. Current idea is a work in progress, but they mentioned everything else I could think of already

#52 Posted 17 January 2017 - 01:34 AM

Fizzysoda
Member Away

User's Awards

How about signature/graphic contests being brought back? Maybe not a "Signature of the Week" since it might be a hassle for the staff to handle but a "Signature of the Month" instead? But now instead of just deciding a theme for the contest, you could give it a bit of an extra challenge by adding restrictions (Ex: Make this with only 10 layers, make a signature by using only clipart for the focal, no undo allowed, etc.) It could also be a part of a seasonal event like the Oktoberfest or Christmas (but with a little extra participation reward for those like event points?)

idk just a thought

Shiny Origin Giratina Adoptable Shiny Ninetales Adoptable Shiny Oshawott Adoptable Piplup Adoptable Shiny Noibat Adoptable Shiny Rayquaza Adoptable

kWXN6SV.png

xYgIpgj.gif

Ask Me Anything | Portfolio

Credits to Darkness for the signature :]

#53 Posted 17 January 2017 - 03:41 PM

Griefing_g0lem

What about a team building competition? You could make up a theme, and everyone has to make a team that fit in with that theme. You could go beyond and maybe add a tournament at the end.

5gwvvBh.png

Darkrai Adoptable

#54 Posted 21 January 2017 - 08:51 PM

Achromatic

User's Awards

Good suggestions, everyone! Keep 'em coming.

Shiny Totodile Adoptable Jirachi Adoptable Shiny Gliscor Adoptable Shiny Sylveon Adoptable Shiny Rowlet Adoptable Shiny Litten Adoptable

Wimpod is cute.

#55 Posted 22 January 2017 - 04:11 PM

MCOury1998

User's Awards

I know each ship has a date dedicated to each (like Negaishipping Day is September 23rd), so if Lake Valor could do an event for those, I'd pay attention to those. Or even events celebrating anniversaries of different Generations/series in Pokemon.

hqdefault.jpg

axew pikachu Also, I wanted to say...Happy Late Negaishipping Day 2016/Early Negaishipping 2017!  B)  ;) #NegaishippingForever #NegaishippingforAlola #SMNegai

Cypress Oury - 100% Negaishipper!

pikachu ash-and-iris-negaishipping-3-33404144-50 axew

ASH :love: IRIS  #NegaishippingForever  ASH  :love: IRIS

Popplio Adoptable Froslass Adoptable

#56 Posted 09 February 2017 - 03:54 AM

POKE
    POKE

Collector

• 284 posts

User's Awards

How about a new type of wonder ball (maybe call it a mystery ball, it has a chance for an adoptable or pp points, pp range is 5-10, people like VIP and the staff can get 2 of the mystery balls where a normal member gets 1 try) so for the event it's a give away.

Christmas event: give away 1 wonder ball per member that has at least 100 posts, the wonder ball can give pp but has a slight increase chance for adoptables.

Next year's Valentines day or christmas day: Members can get the mystery ball which has to be asked for and cannot be used for themselves, it has to be given to any member because of the want to give to others.

It gives 5pp for the person given, there is a sign that shows everyone how many you have gotten for that event, note that there has to be a cooldown transfer so no spamming and 1 member can only be sent 1 mystery ball, so as to stop cheating of help for farming pp, then at the end of the event maybe a give out medal to the person with the most mystery balls sent to a person.

If it's the Christmas event version 2 of the 1 above then it's similar with the no spamming and only 1 sending but no medal give out

lucario-mega POKE LEE!! Pokemon "Forever more" lucario ubpk3ZW.png

FF writer | Artist | Pokemon fan | Ask me anything

#57 Posted 19 February 2017 - 09:09 AM

BlackKyurem27

User's Awards

It would be cool to have battle tournaments every month or so (via Smogon). This may have already been said before, but I think a lot of people would enjoy that. If we could do it at a specific tier, and if we could do it at the little battle bracket things, it would be better organized. There could be a certain theme to the battle, and prizes could be event points. That's just my opinion anyway...
Absol Adoptable Snover Adoptable Origin Giratina Adoptable
IMG_0502.png
Thanks Seprix, for my avatar and signature!
| Ask me stuff | My portfolio | My art shop | My Fanfics |

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users