1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Challenge the Leviathan

Discussion in 'Question & Answer' started by Reckless, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Now with extra dankness. Waheeeyyyy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. 8542Madness

PokéPoints:
    ₽153.9
    I feel like it is time again for the great Madness list of questions!

1. Which is better: Stripes, plaid, or polka dot?
    2. What do you normally smell like?
    3. What is your least favorite Pokémon?
    4. Which is better: Spicy or sour?
    5. Favorite flavor of toothpaste?
    6. You drop a very heavy object. Would you rather it crush your toes or your fingers?
    7. What is something you want to learn more about?
    8. Are you a night owl or morning bird?
    9. How would you react if you suddenly burst into flames?
    10. You DID ask for fries with that order, but the idiot at the cash register insists that you, in fact, did not. You've already paid for the fries you are not receiving. The cashier did not print you a receipt, so you cannot prove anything. How do you react?
    11. Do you regularly swear when you speak? Why or why not?
    12. Do you consider yourself to have strong morals?
    13. Which would you rather eat: Potato salad, or that filthy green normal salad?
    14. The Deep Question: Is there anything you consider great enough to die for, and why or why not? It can be anything. A moral, an idea, a friend, a family member, you name it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Halcyon Storm

Halcyon Storm Joking motive

Sewaddle
    (Sewaddle)
    Level 11
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,463.8
    In what way has Lake Valor affected your life?

4. Reckless

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    1. Gotta go with stripes! I absolutely love a pinstripe hat I bought a couple of years back.

2. Uhm....whatever kind of shower gel I use?

3. Unpopular opinion here but...Pikachu. Ugh, I really can't stand 'the face' of Pokémon.

4. Spicyyy all the way.

5. Anything with mint in it.

6. Toes! I'm always stubbing my toes against stuff and well, fingers > toes in my opinion.

7. The English language. I know, shocker, but I love looking at grammar and language syntax in my spare time. I used to always haul around a pocket thesaurus with me when in school.

8. Night owl, definitely.

9. "Awesome. I'm like Johnny Storm." Only I'd probably then burn to a crisp.

10. ...I'd sic my mom on them. She's, uh, very firm when it comes to dealing with hiccups like that. Like recently she wasn't happy with an order we got from a McDonalds so she filled a complaint and eventually got €20 worth of gift vouchers as an apology. Another time we were in a cinema and after enduring a bad experience there she complained again and got free tickets out of it, which she promptly lost though.

11. Yessir. Like. A. Trooper. Must be the family rubbing off on me, that or listening to the people around here. Never has the sweary Irish stereotype been so strong than around here.

12. Hmm. Tough one. I can say though that if I believe something to be the wrong course of action, I won't follow along with it.

13. Here's a shocker; I've never actually eaten potato salad. But, having grown up eating them with nearly every meal at dinner time, I'd settle for a normal green salad.

14. What a deep question indeed. Let's see. I suppose I would lay down my life if it meant I could save my grandfather from peril. I didn't have much of a father figure whilst growing up, and even nowadays I see my step father maybe once every month or so, and at that our exchanges aren't really...familial. But my grandfather, that glorious, fantastic man has always been there for me. If there was a way for me to rescue him from any danger faced, I would...Because I'm dreading the day when nature takes its course and we'll be permanently separated.

In a good way I suppose. To be endowed with limited responsibility feels nice, and I'm forever grateful to the admins for making me a member of staff. :)

5. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    What's your favorite thing to do here on LV?

Have you ever eaten minstrels? How did they taste?

If I leave this 1 here, what will you do with it?

6. Reckless

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Lurking around in the forum games section o' course!

Yes. They were okay, but I prefer Galaxy's other chocolate types, the caramel and cookie crisp in particular.

I'll have to confiscate that one. Mwahah.

7. Butternut

Butternut The Coolest Spider

Joltik
    (Joltik)
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽1,905.8
    Mewnium Z  ★★★★★Black Glasses ★★★★Red Orb ★★★★★Ultra BallCrown of Valor
    Why did it take me three months to realise that you are a girl? :sweat:

8. Reckless

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Wouldn't blame you. I'm like the least girlish girl going. Tomboyish even.

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Do you enjoy modding LV?

10. Pari

Pari poyo

Andromeda
    (Palkia Egg)
    Level 9
    PokéPoints:
    ₽350.3
    Do you like oatmeal?

Poison darts or throwing knives?

Big dogs or little dogs? Or no dogs at all?

Least favorite noise?

Do you like cows?

Do cows like you?

11. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    What gives you the most joy?

12. Reckless

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Immensely.

I haven't actually tasted it. I like wholegrain bread if that's anything similar.

A hard decision. Poison darts have practically been my go-to weapon in the AC games for assassinating targets. But throwing knives seem so much cooler. Throwing knives it is!

Biiig dogs, like Labs, greyhounds, huskies, german shepherds, hell, even Irish Wolfhounds! Can't get enough of big dogs. I dislike terriers and jack russells. They're like the most common breeds of dog kept around here...and they bark constantly.

Nails dragged on a chalkboard. Just, noo0oooo0ooo....

Cows are coool. Especially calves. Never realised they were such fluffy things but I guess the whole mammal thing should've told me that. One decided to lick my friend once and when she pulled away her hand it was covered in dribble. Quite funny at the time.

I hope they do. And bulls, too. My stepfather's family used to be dairy farmers, and before they got rid of the heard he used to tell me stories about bulls in their fields. Now though they've given over some of their land to the government for forestry.

Having the freedom to do what I want, instead of being told what to do and when to do it. I guess that's why I love being in third-level education (college/uni = same thing here), you've got great freedom and lecturers don't force you to do stuff.

Nauris likes this.
  13. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    Do you like living in Ireland? If you could move to a different country, would you?

14. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    What are your opinions on the Marvel Cinematic Universe?

15. Reckless

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    The country itself I'm proud of. I love our lore, culture and history (and all of our failures and 'troubled' times). The city I'm situated in though? Not so much. There's a lot of...How would you describe it...?...Undesirable types of people around here. The sort that make you keep your valuables a little closer to your side at night-time. Plus, nationally, my city has always had a bad reputation, being dubbed 'stab city' amongst other slurs, when in fact the capital's crime rates as of late have been dwarfing all criminal activity here. That's why I'm always mystified when people tell me they want to come here. I always respond with "visit the countryside! But stay away from this place!" Haha.

I've always been saying that I'd love to move to a different country. Somewhere outside of Europe. However, as the years roll by and with me lacking a job and finances that reality is getting less and less likely, at least for the present time.

Oh noes, possible rant incoming!

Where to begin. I suppose I should be thankful for the Marvel U, because their very first film, Iron Man, is not only one of my favourite Marvel movies to date (I watched it on DVD sooo many times), it also encouraged me to check out the comics themselves. And my! What stories I've uncovered. Possibly an unpopular opinion here, but I lovedddd the '90ies "The Crossing" Iron Man event. If that gets adapted to screen I'll be elated.

Anyway, back to the point. Yeah, so whilst I'll always have the cinematic verse to thank for cluing me in to the original lore, as the years went by and Marvel rolled out more and more movies I began to grow embittered. Marvel's comics went from having sweet art and epic (yet convoluted) stories in the '90ies to early 2000's to shifting towards catering for an influx of new 'fans' straight off of the movie bus. When the instant hit Avengers movie landed, I noticed that things elsewhere in Marvel's products began to change. The epic cartoon that was Avengers: Earth's Mightest Heroes was cancelled and replaced by an inferior cartoon series of the Avengers movie. Heck, even characters in the movies themselves started to emulate their movie counterparts. Lores and history were instantly retconned or rebooted, once popular characters retired in favour of 'new blood' (case in point; Nick Fury 'senior' vs S.L. Jackson-Fury. And oh yesss, I've read Original Sin and boy was I not impressed with how thaaat worked out. ). It soon became clear to me that Marvel was following the scent of money, possibly influence in part by their Mickey Mouse over-lord, going so far as to thrusting once movie-and-tv-only characters into their already messy mainstream lore and giving them a swanky new run (Cue exhibit b; SHIELD #1, vol. 3. Oh loook, guess who's on the front cover! No, it's not Maria Hill or Dum Dum Dugannn) whilst ruthlessly shafting their other, less popular runs (Daken, X-23, X-Force, heck I even here FF is ending soon for good, I WONDER WHYYY).

Gaaah. Marvel and their cinematic universe manages to burn me up so much. All this focus on the films and then trying to change the canon of their comics to subsequently match it. The 'house of ideas' has become so predictable that it's actually pathetic. Signs on, I have not loved a single series since Remender's Uncanny X-Force ended. That's why I prefer reading older stories, older, bettter, less movie-focused lore. Sigh. I will, of course mention though that I did love Cap 2, X-Men:DOFP and the Guardians Of The Galaxy movies this year. I can appreciate them as movies, but when I think about Marvel moving to milk the all-giving cashcow that is their films for every last bit, I can't help but feel truly disappointed.

16. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    (I'm pretty sure this is a stupid question, but it's more for setting up the question after it) Marvel or DC?

Of the franchise you like less, what makes it inferior to the one you prefer?

17. Reckless

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    GGggggg why do this to me. :c

*Ahem*

I'm probably gonna come across as hypocritical here but, despite all the things Marvel have been doing recently...I'm still gonna side with them, for the simple fact that I love their older stories. (I own the Weapon X TPB and its prose novel adaption. Such a freaking epic story that combines suspense and horror).

DC has its own strong points. For one I love their characters Terry McGinnis and Virgil Hawkens, and to me their animated movies will always trump Marvel's, but what makes then inferior in my opinion...is their relentless focus on Batman and Superman. Why not spotlight other characters? Heaven knows there's been demand for a Wonder Woman movie for the longest while. I think that DC suffers from a case of Marvel in that regard: they stick to dishing out what's guaranteed to bring in the money, simply because they're afraid to have the carpet dragged out from under them unlike Marvel and their immortal Avengers safety net, who can afford to take a gamble on an obscure property like GotG and get even more profit.

Also I'm a lil' mad that shortly after I picked up Static Shock's New 52 début issue the series got axed, so there's that too. T_T

18. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    What's your favorite DC Animated Movie?

Sorry, I like comics. :sweat:

19. Reckless

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

:3

20. LostSpirit

Odd-ish
    (Oddish (J))
    Level 21
    PokéPoints:
    ₽995.7
    What is your favorite thing to do when you have free time?