1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

New Locations?

Discussion in 'Other Pokémon Games' started by Achromatic, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Where do you think Generation 6 will take us along our journey?

So far we have seen somewhere that looks like France...

[​IMG]

A castle...

[​IMG]

Route 3 entering a town/city...

[​IMG]

Some sort of desert...

[​IMG]

Jungle/Gym...

[​IMG]

Riverside...

[​IMG]

Forest...

[​IMG]

Gym...

[​IMG]

Where else will we go?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Auron

Auron Ruin Maniac

Magnemite
    (Magnemite)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽73.6
    Me :Hmm
    Me : .
    Me : ..
    Me : ................................................................................................
    Me : how about the Ocean like Pacific or The Great Wall of China or someplace else.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Oh yeah, a place like the great wall of China would be super cool and would look amazing. The red sea would be cool as hell.

4. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Minus the desert area it seems to look like it will be based off of Europe, though the idea that it will take place actually in a real-world location is silly to me. Like, I really, really doubt the game will take place actually in France just because some parts resemble it.

I'd like to see some more snowy locations, perhaps for a water route mix it up and make an Arctic-like water route where travel is done on ice floes and things like that. Some swamp areas would be cool too, I feel like we have seen typical forests and deserts and sandy roads through green fields a hell of a lot before.

5. Auron

Auron Ruin Maniac

Magnemite
    (Magnemite)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽73.6
    accually now that I think of it What if this game is Based off of the Rest of the World because If you noticed When Pikachu Used Thunder Shock Or Thunder Bolt it Spreaded Across the World from France so there Might Be something to Think about that for a Sec.

6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Oh yeah, I'd like to see an Ice city and an Ice Gym to make a return!

7. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Actually I don't think that part at the beginning was anything more than a reference to how for the first time the games were being released worldwide all at the same time. It's not part of the actual game trailer as much as it's the opening message for the new news.

8. ThePumkin

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Since its based on France/Europe I hope there is a snow area, something like a Huge snowy mountain!
    Maybe and easier way to get fire Pokémon, like a volcano

9. Auron

Auron Ruin Maniac

Magnemite
    (Magnemite)
    Level 5
    PokéPoints:
    ₽73.6
    Like in Pokémon R/S/E and D/P/Pt

10. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    I think the desert area's background building thing is an evil organization base, that's just me though.

11. espeonbird

espeonbird Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Up to Gen 5, reigons were based on Japan (I think...), it's awesome to see them using other parts of the world in their design - France was something I wasn't expecting.

By the way, did anyone notice the Pokémon statue on the scene of the girl running out of the castle? It's a small feature, but it's pretty neat. From what I see it looks like a trainer, Golurk, Palpitoad and Eevee.

12. Nate

pooper scooper
    (Meltan)
    Level 2
    PokéPoints:
    ₽121.9
    Gen 5 is based off the USA.

13. espeonbird

espeonbird Poké Maniac

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I know. That's why I said up to Gen 5

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Tbh, France seems like a cooler place to have stuff instead of New York/USA in general. :)

15. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I'm hoping there will be some locations based on Moscow in Russia, some really interesting architecture there, and Sibera with its snowy wastelands and such.

16. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    From the images I've seen, and from some information that has been released bit by bit, I'm getting the feeling that this worlwide thing isn't just because they are releasing it world-wide, I think what they plan to do is take the entire world and shrink it down into one region, like each country will end up being transformedand shrunk down into a single town or route. You could travel the whole country of Europe just by running through a single city/town. The desert areas could represent all the deserts over the entire world, like the sahara mixed with the deserts of the US, and South America. You could have jungles and forests mixed up of all different types.

17. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Hopefully they will have Sandstorm, Ice, Stormy and other types of weather routes. I hope it won't just be forest and stuff. :]

18. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Yeah, I've come to expect some diversity from them at this point. If it is really based on Europe (whatever it will be based on will be loosely enough to include lots of things anyway) I would hope to be seeing some foggy areas and maybe a return of Defog being used out of battle, though not necessarily an HM.

19. jetwhiskey

jetwhiskey Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    I don't ever want to see another move like Defog again..ugh, and Flash either, they just need to remove those completely from the database, seriously, not useful moves at all, they were basically only useful because of their out of battle use, which I clearly think is a waste of creativity. The fog idea was ok at first, but they took it too far in my opinion.

20. pokemonphoenixking

PokéPoints:
    ₽5.0
    I am looking foward to this.!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.