1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Game Development Section Rules

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Reckless, Nov 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reckless

Reckless Won't take the easy road

PokéPoints:
    ₽666.6
    In no particular order....

Don't double/triple/continually post
    If possible, please avoid posting more than once. If you wish to add something to the thread, but you've already posted and no-one has posted since we would advise you to make use of the edit button. If you made a double or triple post then please alert me, Reckless, and I'll gladly remove it.

Please note however that topic creators shall be exempt from this rule, given the nature of game development and they shall be allowed to make the occasional double or triple post to report on how their project(s) are coming along on the condition that they don't overdo it. (i.e., to clarify, only make a double or triple post once a week, and each new post must contain something significant. I do not wish to happen across a thread containing ten consecutive posts which contain less than one sentence, as this will be considered spamming.)

Restrict posting spam to the Spambox subsection
    Want to profess your love for apples? Feel the need to repeat the same word over and over again? Well, please confine said instances of 'unwanted' posts to the spam section, which is a kind of melting pot for that behaviour.

To clarify, any post that contains less than 10 words or simply consists of "I like pie" will be considered spam and thus removed. If you come across spam, or off-topic posts, please help us out by reporting the spam post.

This section is strictly for the discussion of original, user-created games
    If you wish to talk about your own ROM hacks, then please do so here.

Linking to commercially available and/or not-made-by-topic-creator material is prohibited
    Posting download links to 'cracked' games that are ripped copies of the genuine article will lead to the handing out of infractions on the spot, without question. We are aware that we're threading choppy legal waters as it is given the tricky nature of Game Development, but we ask that you do not encourage piracy by linking to torrents and other means with which to download cracked games.

It also stands to reason that you must only games project thread in this section if you can verify that you are the original creator of the game mentioned therein in your topic. Anyone claiming credit for another person's work will likewise be dealt with harshly. If you think that someone is being disingenuous, naturally we'll urge you to report it, and we'll look into their claim.

Adhere to Lake Valor's general rules, be respectful of fellow posters and most of all don't flame
    LV's general rules can be found here. We strive to be a homely community here, so whilst swearing is permitted, we would advise you to keep it to a minimum. Treat other posters as you would like to be treated.

Lastly, do no purposely bait members into inciting arguments. Anyone caught 'flaming' will be dealt with as necessary. If you notice someone getting out of hand, please help us by reporting it.

If you are unsure about something, please contact Reckless.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.