1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

[RPG Maker XP] Pokémon Cassiopia Version

Discussion in 'Creative Zone' started by Steamlined, Nov 8, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steamlined

Steamlined Jack of all trades

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    EDIT: I have a Blog about this! Follow it to keep track of what's going on! Link Here :D

To anyone whom may be interested, I'm working on a Pokémon game in RPG Maker using the Pokémon Essentials engine. I plan for it to be a slightly darker take on Pokémon than the core series (Not very dark though, don't worry). It's mostly just for me to get used to using RPG Maker for Pokémon games though. Don't expect anything too amazing though, but I'll certainly try my best.
    I work on this only in my spare time, so don't expect anything too wonderous. It will support Mega Evolution, and maybe even a fair few easter eggs.

[​IMG]
    The start screen in all its glory.

If you have any ideas or suggestions, then I'm all ears. I also wouldn't mind ideas for trainers along routes, gym leaders, towns, whatever really.

I'll put up a demo version at some point, after I've finished designing the first gym.

Hopefully I've interested someone with this, and I hope you enjoy the demo I'll put up some time soon.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    T2T, Noctis, Derahex and 4 others like this.
  2. VeryButter

VeryButter Overly Buttered Artist

Ukko
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.2
    This seems interesting, Charizard! Can't wait for the demo! <3

3. Treekos

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Woah, respect, did you make it all on your own?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Steamlined

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Not entirely on my own, it's made mostly thanks to the guys from the Pokémon Essentials team. They put together the engine, which includes all the base content you need, sprites, moves, items, etc. But apart from that, everything else (New items, Gen 6 Pokémon and moves) have to be added by me. There's some people on the internet who have made Gen 6. Sprites, so I'll be using them. (Thanks everyone who made them!) But other than that, some characters, all the world, and dialogue is all made by myself. c:

5. Treekos

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    Nice! I hope to see more of you soon! :3

6. Almiraj

Almiraj Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽46.5
    Do you have plans for the villain team?

7. Steamlined

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    In fact, I don't. I do, however have some plans for what they'll be doing, but I don't know about outfits or names. (They'll also be using the Team Galactic themes because they're my favorite. It's my game, isn't it? :P)
    If you have suggestions I'd be happy to hear! PM me though, because otherwise you'll ruin the surprise for the nice folks of this thread!

8. Almiraj

Almiraj Black Belt

PokéPoints:
    ₽46.5
    I would give you some ideas, but... I feel like I've made my disdains towards Team Plasma and Lysandre known so many times that I feel like a broken record. Not sure if you really want to hear any ideas I have.

9. Steamlined

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Hey, every little helps. Believe me, if you have thoughts on what to refrain from doing, or what to do, I want to hear them. I'd hate to make a game that wasn't as good as it could be! Send me a PM, I'd appreciate it!

10. Derahex

PokéPoints:
    ₽108.3
    Looks interesting...
    Mandrelbot fractal, I see what you did there.

11. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    This is looking great, can't wait for the next update on it! Be sure to keep us updated :)

12. Noctis

Noctis *this message has been removed*

PokéPoints:
    ₽65.0
    I'm kind of stoked for this. Please keep the updates coming! ^_^

13. Derahex

PokéPoints:
    ₽108.3
    I have an idea: If, like cannon games, there is a rival, make her female, and badass like Hugh! That way we can have a female rival we can take seriously! Which is more than what the main series can offer.

I'm looking at you, Bianca.

14. Steamlined

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Well, you're right with Female rival... But I have another twist in mind. You'll just have to wait for the demo to find out! And it should be out soon!

15. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    I'm curious, how long have you been working on this for? :O

16. Steamlined

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Good question. My total RPG Maker time has racked up to 218 hours, most of which was working on the game itself, a bit working on other games that I soon abandoned, and another bit of that spent working out the Essentials Engine, but I actually started work probably around September this year, but it was originally designed for just a small group of friends, so progress was slow. Since joining Lake Valor though, I've been working on it a lot harder than I used to; since now I've actually got some motivation to do it!

Achromatic likes this.
  17. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Count me in on wanting to try the demo. 83 I always like playing interesting ROM hacks. If you're this dedicated to it I bet it will be really good!

18. VeryButter

Ukko
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.2
    @[member="DracoFeathers"] Tis not a ROM hack; tis an RPG Maker XP game :3

19. DracoFeathers

DracoFeathers D to the R to the A C O!

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.0
    Oops lol. Thinking back, I don't know why I put ROM to be honest O_o I must have been distracted or something when I was typing haha. *is a derp*

20. VeryButter

Ukko
    (Eevee (J))
    Level 1
    PokéPoints:
    ₽27.2
    ignore this post please because I wasn't allowed to make it sorry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.