1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Anti-Hazard, Anti-Status, All Sweep OU. Rate, Please?

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Minccino, Nov 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minccino

Minccino Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    LEAD: [3D='weavile']

252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP, Jolly Nature

Ability: Pressure

Holding: Life Orb

Moveset:

- Ice Shard
    - Low Kick
    - Ice Punch
    - Knock Off

MEGA BOOSTER: [3D='charizard']

Ability: Blaze/Tough Claws

Holding: Charizardite X

Moveset:

- Dragon Dance
    - Dragon Claw
    - Flare Blitz
    - Earthquake

WISH/HEAL/SPECIAL SUPPORT: [3D='sylveon']

252 Sp.Atk, 252 HP, 4 Sp.Def, Modest Nature

Ability: Pixilate

Holding: Leftovers

Moveset:

- Wish
    - Heal Bell
    - Calm Mind
    - Hyper Voice

BAND SWEEPER: [3D='staraptor']

Ability: Intimidate

Holding: Choice Band

Moveset:

- Brave Bird
    - Return
    - Close Combat
    - U-Turn

SPECIAL SWEEPER/ANTIHAZARD: [3D='latios']

252 Sp.Atk, 252 Speed, 4 HP, Timid Nature

Ability: Levitate

Holding: Leftovers

Moveset:

- Defog
    - Thunderbolt
    - Psyshock
    - Dragon Pulse

BULKY PHYSICAL SWEEPER: [3D='azumarill']

252 Attack, 252 HP, 4 Sp.Def, Adamant Nature

Ability: Huge Power

Holding: Assault Vest

Moveset:

- Waterfall
    - Aqua Jet
    - Play Rough
    - Superpower

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. JET2295TSF

PokéPoints:
    ₽45.4
    I like your team. I do not see any huge flaws. Can you possibly also give an explanation for move choices, items, etc. Latios with defog is cool, but I prefer a choice specs or scarf set. And maybe run draco meteor over dragon pulse. Latios needs power. You should also have a counter to excadrill. After your azumarill is gone, I think a jolly life orb excadrill can possibly sweep you. (This would also include SR, sticky web, etc) I like your team, but I think you should show replays so I can see the team in action.

3. Minccino

Minccino Bug Catcher

PokéPoints:
    ₽15.0
    @ Defog Latios: I needed something to get rocks and toxic spikes out of the way. Do you suggest using Latias instead if I want to go for bulk? I have experimented with rapid spinners such as Forretress and Cloyster, but they constantly end up face-to-face with Ghost types or the like. Even bulky defoggers such as Mandibuzz and Skarmory get taunted by Sableye and company, and I feel as if the Lati twins provide good electrical and psychic offensive coverage along with the perk of getting away any nasty rocks.

@Excadrill Counter: I see what you mean by that, but Charizard does a good job at surviving Life Orb Excadrill, as with a jolly nature, Charizard is indeed the swifter Mon.

Sylveon is sort of the odd one out for my team-- do you think that a specially oriented Grass Type with Aromatherapy might do a better job?

As for the rest of the team, I doubt Azumarill with Assault Vest needs much explanation. It's newfound ability to survive electric and grass types is quite comical, especially when an enemy rotom-w's volt switch fails to chop off even a third of Azumarill's health.

Life Orb Weavile is to cut through as many things as possible and snatch items. Low Kick is there to 2-KO Ferrothorn and OHKO Tyranitar, and ice coverage is always nice against pesky garchomps. Most leads are item-heavy Pokémon (Leftovers, Rocky Helmet, Damp Rock, Life Orb, Choice Specs, etc.) and slapping those items away is useful.

I personally prefer Banded Staraptor over Scarfed Staraptor. Banded OHKOs most things with Brave Bird, even Scizor if its EVs aren't too defensively placed. Staraptor is a surprisingly bulky mon, tanking rock-type STAB after intimidate.

4. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Hey there!

Maybe I will be editing this...so I will start telling you this : If you want a "Stall Breaker", "Anti Hazards" follow this points:

1° Personally I put Taunt to Weavile, it is fast and you can neutralize Pokémon as Shuckle and Skarmory in a easy way. Without this your opponent will easily set Stealth Rock and prepare for Latios. Rocks = Bye Charizard.

2° The classic Charizard X, Dragon Dance, I like this set just be careful with the 1° point (Avoid the Rocks or/spikes)

3° Take care of it, it is your only escape if you enter with Charizard or Staraptor in the rocks. (Use it careful, it can be easily killed by Excadrill or Bisharp)

4° I like Banded Staraptor too, it gives an extra potency and is a dangerous Pokémon. I repeat, avoid the rocks

5° It is an offensive Pokémon, I think that if you try to defog the Rocks that I mentioned before, you will have a little trouble with it, and the durability can be affected in this case (that is why many people use Latias, preventing Shadow Ball Gengar and other Pokémon, at least Latias survives 2 hits and you will be able to defog at least one time or more if you have a good prediction)

6° Assault Vest Azumarill is a good idea, I don't have to much to say about this Pokémon. I often run it with knock off, that is all, preventing rocky helmet or something like that, but I am not a fan of this Pokémon, even if I can give huge problems to the opponent, just don't like it

Finally I can say this:

*Excadrill is a big problem for your team and can touch Latios with its Shadow Claw

*Stealth Rock can give you problems, if you change Weavile's attacks it will not a huge problem, at least in the beginning

*Latios bulk is a little... Well you read what I told before. I prefer Latias, but you want offensive, run it with your own risk.

*Maybe you run with luck and you fight a non-scarfed Excadrill. But I suggest you better prevention, because Charizard will not survive the attacks combined with the rocks.

*There is a good synergy in your team, if you do a good prediction you can give problems to the opponent.

*Heal Bell in Sylveon prevents your team of status that is good.

I will not touch any Pokémon, you need to know how it works, if you don't like something, just let me/us know. We all have different kind of strategies, so I/we will touch the Pokémon once that you decided which Pokémon you don't like in your team...That is all Good Luck!

☆┌─┐ ─┐☆
     │▒│ /▒/
     │▒│/▒/
     │▒ /▒/─┬─┐◯
     │▒│▒|▒│▒│
    ┌┴─┴─┐-┘─┘
    │▒┌──┘▒▒▒│◯
    └┐▒▒▒▒▒▒┌┘
    ◯└┐▒▒▒▒┌

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Spammernoob

Spammernoob A Spammer or a Noob?

PokéPoints:
    ₽41.8
    Small things:

Staraptor: Use Reckless>Intimidate, and Double Edge>Return for more power. :P

Latios: Use Life Orb, since Latios has no bulk to speak of. It gives it more damage, which is good.

Big things:

Don't use this in ORAS or you will get swept by Greninja.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.