1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Lavender Theory - Custom Card Project

Discussion in 'Pokémon General' started by hunduel, Jan 24, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hunduel

hunduel Pokérator

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    FIRST POST IS ALWAYS UPDATED.

Basic Information

[​IMG]

Welcome traveller! Lavender Town is a weird place, where everything you could, or even couldn't imagine can happen. Unseen evolution lines, totally new Pokémon, while some of them are totally unforgotten. This is the place where everything began, so you can see mostly classical Pokémon, while some others from other regions too. And the most important: the corrupted Pokémon of the tower are really dangerous, not because they are overpowered, but because they work incredibly well as a team. So, beware the power of the Pokémon Tower and Lavender Town, and let me introduce this interesting concept, the Lavender Theory.

Lavender Theory is a rethinking of not just the TCG series, but also some elements from the original Pokémon. It will include unseen Pokémon, totally new evolution lines, and some cards which will be the Lavender counterparts of the original Pokémon, so it will also playing with the Lavender Town Theory itself. In other words: it's a TCG project including elements mostly from the Generation 1, but with the best inclusions from later generations (like Baby Pokémon, some older nice desings, as if they were introduced in the original games/series). Also notice how the original Pokédex entries were substituted by journal entries written by an unknown traveler, who first wanted to resolve the mystery of Lavender Town, now the only thing the traveler want is escape from this place.

I'm always opened for ideas, so if you have any Pokémon you want to see here, feel free to share it! Just like every comment, it is also really appreciated! And now, let's see the cards. It's in descending order, so the first card is always the latest update.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

----------

New starters (Fakemon)

Just some Fake Pokémon starters I've made into cards. Still not sure if I should include these cards in this project, but until I decide, they'll stay here.

Grass

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Ashe

Ashe Silly

PokéPoints:
    ₽55.3
    These are great! My favorite is that Pikachu one haha What program are you using to draw the Pokémon art?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hunduel

hunduel Pokérator

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Thank you! Unfortunately, I cannot draw, I just use renders or arts from deviantArt. As you can see, in the corner, you can see the artist's devArt account. (There are 1 or 2 users who has arts in this theme, so I'm lucky in this case.)

4. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    I like the concept and I've always been a fan of Lavender Town urban legends. If you plan on making support cards along with Pokémon themselves, I suggest doing something related to tones. I'm sure you're familiar with the 'Lavender Town Tone' story. Something based off of that but of course altered a bit since that is dealing with game cartridge specs itself and not from the perspective of the town existing.

5. hunduel

hunduel Pokérator

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Thank you so much. Yeah, I also thought about doing something related with the Tone and also add Trainer/Supporter cards, but at the moment I have no idea how and what shall I add to the project.

It's also true for Pokémon, so feel free to share your ideas what you want to see!

6. Oim

Oim Banned

PokéPoints:
    ₽60.0
    Hm, with the Pokémon I think you should make 'Lavender's Marowak' especially powerful or rare, more so than a Marowak card might be otherwise, given that the ghost of a Marowak played a pretty big role in Lavender Town during the game.

7. hunduel

hunduel Pokérator

PokéPoints:
    ₽30.0
    Yeah, Marowak was also in my mind, so I'm sure that I'll include her in the set, and I also planned her as some kind of Special and powerful Pokémon. Like TA's Kyogre or TM's Groudon was in TCG, where they were really powerful basics, but they needed other Team Pokémon to attack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.