1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

Featured The Lunch Table - for non-Pokémon chatting!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Sheep, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Sheep

Sheep Supporter

Xerneas Egg
    (Xerneas Egg)
    Level 10
    PokéPoints:
    ₽2,366.0
    The Lunch Table 2.0*

Greeting fellow curious members (or guests! but if you're a guest, shame on you!) and welcome to the official Lake Valor Lunch Table! If you'd like to kick back, get to know one another, and discuss anything non-Pokémon with your neighbor community regulars, this is the place. Mostly anything goes here so long so it doesn't fit within the Pokémon umbrella - we have an existing thread over at the General Pokémon Discussion, titled The Union Room, for anyone looking to discuss Pokémon. There is also the Akihabara Corner for anyone looking to chat about anime and manga.

Additionally, please follow the rules of the forum when posting, though The Lunch Table has three primary rules we require everyone to follow.

✽ Posting less than three words is prohibited!
    Your post must be at least three words to cut down on spam.

✽ Treat everyone with respect!
    We absolutely require you to respect other members to keep this thread fun for everyone. That should be a given.

✽ Stick with the topic
    Please try to stay on-topic so the discussion doesn't go off on too many tangents as that could be hard to keep up with.

✽ Keep picture posting to a minimal
    Although posting pictures is allowed, due to the excessive posting of images, the lunch table has become filled with what seems to be very spammy posts. The lunch table is for conversations about anything, but it seems that is all that is talked about as of recently is weather, food or nature pics. Please try to switch it up every now and then.

Not that hard, right? Grab a sandwich from our local coffee shop and enjoy yourselves. :)

*The Lunch Table has returned with all the glory of post count and Pokepoint increment!
    It was also shamelessly copied and pasted from the original.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Wow, hey guys. How is everyone today? I'm having a pretty quiet day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cay

Cay Ultralight Beam

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.0
    Ohaithar! Glad LV has one of these.

Today has been great, been watching Hetalia with a fangirl cousin, and eating good food =w=

4. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Had a nice Thanksgiving Day; my dad and I went to a Thanksgiving buffet, which had pretty good food, then saw the first part of Mockingjay~

5. Cay

Cay Ultralight Beam

PokéPoints:
    ₽72.0
    Ooh, you saw Mockingjay too? What'd you think of it?

I personally didn't like it very much, found myself screaming at katniss (but not really) and the plot lacked a bit IMO.

6. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Deep Sea Scale ★★★Deep Sea Tooth ★★★Star Piece ★★★★Rage Candy Bar ★★★Dragon Fang ★★★★
    Was this like, out? I remember I went to a thanksgiving styled buffet a while back and I hated the food. Some one took this pic of me though:
    [​IMG]

7. Nyanja

Nyanja › The fairy king ›

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    -yawn- Hi everyone I'm glad that we have one of these <3. I've cooked since 10 AM to 5 PM for Thanksgiving. It was pretty crazy today. Did everyone have a fantastic Thanksgiving? Also is anyone doing anything for Black Friday?

8. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    Having not read the book (I got halfway through Catching Fire, but got too lazy/busy to continue reading) it was an interesting experience. I closed my eyes during one part because I was afraid the character I liked would die, haha. Didn't really keep the plot in mind since it's a two-parter, haha.

Aye, I ate out, if that's what you're asking. (It's 2:00 AM here so I'm starting to get sleepy and may not read things properly, orz) The only thing I didn't really like was the fried chicken; interestingly enough we ate at a different Thanksgiving buffet in the same area last year and the fried chicken there wasn't good either. Made us wonder if it were a regional thing.

re: Black Friday, we're probably gonna be going to a mall and this sort of pseudo-beachside boardwalk. (Pseudo because it's not on the beach but is like a typical boardwalk.)

9. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    We finally have Black Friday for the first time here in many years. It literally just got big here and it sucks. I've gotta go out and get a new 3DS and Pokémon. GULP.

10. Nyanja

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    Wow that's crazy Ben. Black Friday is usually crazy, especially in my area. I was hopping the prices for the Wii U would drop a lot but it didn't. Forever hopping to get a cheap Wii U. @[member="Yukino"] oh that sounds like fun my sister is moving into her apartment tomorrow so I'm probably not going shopping sadly enough.

11. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Wait, no cheap apartment stuff shopping? D:

12. Nyanja

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    No cheap Wii U ;_; and I might be helping my sister with the move so I'm not sure if I'll be able to stalk Walmart for a cheap Wii U.

13. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    It's 2 am and instead of sleeping like a good college kid on break I'm pondering. Good job me, you're gonna go far. #sarcasm

Anyway, tomorrow I might go see Mockingjay with my family, but the rest of the day will probably be spent hitting the (online) books so I don't fail my classes. :/

14. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Meanwhile, I love Skype calls for stuff like this:

[​IMG]

Maxie is upset.

15. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I have hw, and being the good college student I am I'm putting it off 'til Sunday at the earliest. Gonna make the best of my break!

16. Nyanja

BEN!
    (Articuno Egg)
    Level 6
    PokéPoints:
    ₽217.4
    Crown of Valor
    LV should do more skype calls especially the skype group that would be crazy!

17. Lucy

Lucy ☆ 𝖉𝖗𝖆𝖌𝖔𝖓 𝖘𝖑𝖆𝖞𝖊ð

PokéPoints:
    ₽35.0
    I hate group Skype calls, so I wouldn't participate in them, haha.

18. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    To be honest I mainly do them with the LV Staff. I'm open to doing them with ours but it can be very hectic, very loud and stressful to manage too. Something to think about though!

I am falling asleep...zzz

19. DIO

DIO KONO DIO DA!

Legendary Egg
    (Groudon Egg)
    Level 12
    PokéPoints:
    ₽239.2
    I feel like it may be too hectic with the other chat- there's a lot less people in the Author's Guild chat and our calls are pretty hectic and confusing too.

Sleep Ben... I'm trying to sleep right now too...

20. Achromatic

Achromatic #TeamMagikarp

Eevee (KS)
    (Eevee (KS))
    Level 17
    PokéPoints:
    ₽700.5
    Shiny Swablu though. I need one. :'( Tonight has been pretty good but overall can't help but feel kinda lousy. :(