1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Lake Valor!
    Catch, train, and evolve Pokémon while you explore our community. Make friends, and grow your collection.

Login or Sign Up

IV (individual Values) and EV (Effort Values)

Discussion in 'Festival Plaza' started by Xarn, Nov 30, 2014.

1. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    [SIZE=18pt]IV's and EV's Guide B)[/SIZE]
    This tutorial is to know about the EV and IV. Maybe for some people this information is already known, but there is new people entering in the world of competitive, and we mustn't give links to another communities, so the better will be that we have our own guide. I think that it will be useful so I will start with it.

Individual values

This values are very hard to know, even with the judges you need a program to help you. The genes are called individual values. These individual values exist for Pokémon are never identical, as though they are of the same species, nature ... it is very unlikely that match your statistics due to the existence of these values. Each Pokémon has a value of IVs for each of its 6 statistics (PS, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed). This value ranges from 0 to 31. A stronger the higher value in that feature, such as a Luxio with IVs of 23, 31, 26, 18, 14, 0. Have the maximum possible attack for their species but the worst rate for the species.

Each point on the IV corresponds to 1 point in the statistics. That is, each of the statistics of a Pokémon can vary up to 31 points only by the effect of their genes. You can only reach the full potential of their species if that Pokémon has a favorable nature, IVs and reach 31 252 points of effort into that statistic (the maximum is 255 points for effort, but those 3 endpoints do not vary statistics).

The genes acquired from a wild Pokémon are totally random, while in a Pokémon breeding can inherit from 1-3 IVs of either parent from the sixth generation if one parent carries equipped Destiny Knot breeding inherit the 5 of the 12 randomly IV of parents (6 from each parent, 12 in total).

The IVs are also responsible for determining the type Hidden Power movement, depending on the distribution of this value can range from all types (except Normal and the fairy type) and specify their power base values vary between 30 and 70 included.

Genetics can also be inherited from parents equipped with Power belt, Power band, Power weighs, Power lens, Power Anklet and Power Bracer to inherit the IVS in defense, especially defense, HP, special attack speed and attack respectively.

Effort Values :ninja:

Effort Values are few statistics of each Pokémon individually indicating the effort invested in enhancing each combat characteristics (Health Points, Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense and speed) of a Pokémon. It is one of the main elements to consider when training Pokémon, since it determines the level of each feature Pokémon fighter compared to other individuals of the same species. Effort Values are only present in the Pokémon video game JRPG.
    In addition, each species reward with a certain amount of effort values after being defeated.

Effort Values are primarily earned in battle both wild Pokémon and battle with other trainers in the game as long as the fighting are not against real players, so no effort points are won in combat Wi-Fi . The Pokémon who participated in combat and have defeated an enemy Pokémon earn points for effort. The amount of effort points that are earned is determined by the species that has been defeated. The amount of Effort Values will depend on the species that you defeat

Effort Values are earned at the time we weaken the opposing Pokémon, so if we run from a fight against a wild Pokémon our Pokémon involved in combat have earned no effort values. That means that in fighting against a trainer, although this change before falling Pokémon weakened, no effort will earn points until it is weakened.

If more than one of our Pokémon is in battle, they all earn the same amount of Effort Values (plus they can get additionally each for having the Pokérus or have MAcho Brace or a Power object) because, unlike points experience earned in combat Effort Values are not divided among individuals to distribute, but are independent.

Pokémon with Exp.Share equipped count as if they had participated in combat, so they receive the amount of Effort Values granted by the Pokémon against which it was fought. Experience points here will be shared among all participants in combat.

Vitamins such as calcium, iron, zinc, etc. increase in 10 effort values of a stat. However they may only be used if Effort Values applied to the feature you want to encourage not exceed 100, so they are only effective if used before a Pokémon has been trained. Once this limit is reached for a feature to continue increasing Effort Values that stat will have to win fighting other Pokémon. Keep this in mind, because in some games after reaching level 100 cannot earn points for effort in combat so if you get Effort Values to implement probably there is no way to use them in any another stat.

The Macho Brace (introduced from the third generation) equipped on a Pokémon will double points for effort than usual if battle is won. For example, by defeating a Butterfree Pokémon who participated earn 2 points of effort into Special Attack and 1 Special Defense . With Macho Brace your Pokémon will obtain 4 Special Attack and 2 Special Defense points of Effort Values.

The same goes for those infected with Pokérus, which will double the effort points earned after battle Pokémon, although they have developed resistance against Pokérus (when it can no longer infect others). XD

You can also find these items to increse a specific stat after the battle :D

Power Weight: Increases in 4 the amount of effort values earned in health points.

Power Bracer: Increases in 4 the amount of effort values earned in attack.

Belt Power: Increases in 4 the amount of effort values earned in defense

Lens Power: Increases in 4 the amount of effort values earned in special attack.

Band Power: Increases in 4 the amount of effort values earned on special defense

Power Anklet: Increases in 4 the amount of effort values earned in speed.

Conclusion.

These are the bases of the EV and the IV, I hope this work for you. I know that there are a few more things to know about them, that is why I will be updating this tutorial. See ya!

Sorry for my Bad English, I try to do my best here :(

Useful Links.

I highly recommend you to visit these ones. Once that you learned all the basics from me you should check all that they have to offer.

The Optimal Play Blog

[member='guimartgon'] Blog allows all the competitive players to have a greater knowledge about the Competitive Game.

OfficialRedG's Pokémon Reviews

[member='OfficialRedG'] Blog gives you many posibilities of keep knowing the Pokémon, you can apply this information for in-game and also in competitive.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Noctis and theawesomeafro like this.
  2. AdvancedRoronoaZoro

PokéPoints:
    ₽25.0
    Hey Darkest, this helped me a lot! I never knew anything about this stuff. I thank you so much for helping everyone and being a good friend. Thank you so much!

P.S. Your English is very good.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Xarn

Xarn Sponsor

Dragonite
    (Dragonite)
    Level 56
    PokéPoints:
    ₽316.9
    Hearing this you are making me feel very good T_T. You know that you can always count on me :D, never forget it :)